Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old September 17 2010, 05:53 PM   #421
John Clark
Commodore

Re: What games are you playing currently?

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
Orlesian swine!

"Traitors! Which of you fought the Orlesian Emperor when his troops flattened your fields and raped your wives!?"

For my Orlesian, I know the end quests will be very different to my other playthroughs.
Old September 17 2010, 08:18 PM   #422
crouteru
Captain

I've been playing Super Metroid and Metroid Prime so I can try and put the awful Other M out of my mind!
crouteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2010, 08:33 PM   #423
Servo
Rear Admiral

Niorah wrote: View Post
Servo wrote: View Post
Currently working through the Point Lookout expansion on Fallout 3.
My favourite expansion of the lot.

I got all of them and enjoyed all of them, but that one is just all kinds of cool. And the rifle you get has become my favourite weapon.
I've only bought 3 of them so far; Broken Steel, Point Lookout, and The Pitt.

Broken Steel gets an automatic 'A' just for unlocking the end of the game and raising the level cap. It added some cool enemies too, like the Ghoul Reavers, and the Supermutant Overlords. The missions are ok, but I didn't find them overly challenging.
Am enjoying Point Lookout so far, although I've only done the first mission (helping Desmond defend the mansion), and have been spending most of my time exploring and killing mutant rednecks, which is fun in and of itself.
Not started The Pitt yet, will probably wait until I've finished Point Lookout first.
Old September 17 2010, 09:52 PM   #424
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
John Clark wrote: View Post
I'm going to replay Dragon Age: Awakenings though this time without an import
Orlesian swine!

"Traitors! Which of you fought the Orlesian Emperor when his troops flattened your fields and raped your wives!?"
I kind of had to play DAA without an import, seeing as my Warden in DAO died.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2010, 10:12 PM   #425
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

My original Warden survived DAO; he did the dark ritual with Morrigan and married Anora. But I also did an Orlesian Warden playthrough of Awakening, of course. It was definitely interesting to see the different reactions one would be met with.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2010, 10:25 PM   #426
BigFoot
Admiral

I got Flight Control HD from the PSN today, so I spent the last couple of hours playing that with my new Move controller.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2010, 11:18 PM   #427
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
I'm playing Halo Reach, of course. I'm currently working on the campaign. Will dive into MP and Firefight when I'm done with that.
Finished the campaign. Tried a bit of matchmaking and got creamed like I do most of the time. Fiddled a bit with Forge World then dove into Firefight. I love all the customization options for it.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18 2010, 10:33 AM   #428
Niorah
Fleet Admiral

View Niorah's Twitter Profile

Broken Steel gets an automatic 'A' just for unlocking the end of the game and raising the level cap. It added some cool enemies too, like the Ghoul Reavers, and the Supermutant Overlords. The missions are ok, but I didn't find them overly challenging.
Am enjoying Point Lookout so far, although I've only done the first mission (helping Desmond defend the mansion), and have been spending most of my time exploring and killing mutant rednecks, which is fun in and of itself.
Not started The Pitt yet, will probably wait until I've finished Point Lookout first.
The Pitt wasn't that good for me, I have to say, just not my kind of thing, it felt a bit claustrophobic at times and a bit messy.
I really liked Mothership Zeta, though, even if it wasn't very challenging as far as gameplay goes. It was a nice change of pace and location and just generally geekily cool.
Old September 18 2010, 12:10 PM   #429
Servo
Rear Admiral

Niorah wrote: View Post

The Pitt wasn't that good for me, I have to say, just not my kind of thing, it felt a bit claustrophobic at times and a bit messy.
I really liked Mothership Zeta, though, even if it wasn't very challenging as far as gameplay goes. It was a nice change of pace and location and just generally geekily cool.
MZ will be the next one I pick up. I've held off on buying Operation Anchorage, mostly because it (apparently) doesn't add anything to the world, with it being a simulation.

I completed a bit more of PL last night. Did the Tonic mission for Marguerite, which wan't too difficult cause I already had most of the ingerdients. Then I went to the Coastal Grotto, and took part in Plik's safari. That was pretty easy, really. I just placed frag mines all over the place before pressing the signal button, so the first 7 or 8 ghouls didn't even get anywhere near me. Then I used the Lever Rifle and targeted heads in VATS for the rest. The 5% extra damage against ghouls that I got for reading Plik's diary should come in handy, though.
Old September 18 2010, 12:52 PM   #430
Lor'Vela
Captain

Klingon Academy. Despite its instability, it's one of the better Star Trek games I have played.
Old September 19 2010, 12:54 PM   #431
John Clark
Commodore

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I kind of had to play DAA without an import, seeing as my Warden in DAO died.
A couple of mine made it. One because she (Noble) was entirely too trusting of Morrigan and the other (Bloodmage) because he'd spent too much time gaining power and suspected Alistair wouldn't take the final blow as they weren't anywhere near friends.

For my Orlesian, I think I've already mucked it up as one of the potential recruits wasn't recruited (Unless he pops up again later)
Old September 19 2010, 03:43 PM   #432
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

Got sucked into GTA IV this weekend. The physics are a lot of fun. So far my only gripe is that the sniper zoom is broken on the PC - remapping doesn't work. I've made it through the first 2 mission with sniping without zoom.

Performance wise, it might be CPU bound. I'm running a triple core @ 3.1ghz and the difference between 1600x900 and 1920x1080 is around 2-3fps. But at 1080 the game really chugs at odd points, usually indoors like leaving the apartment where you wouldn't expect it. As soon as I get outside the frame rate picks back up.
CaptainStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2010, 04:12 PM   #433
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

Finished the campaign in Reach on Heroic (solo) yesterday, now it's time for solo Legendary. Maybe some FF matchmaking as well, to mix things up. Oh, and playing around with the new Forge features
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2010, 06:38 PM   #434
BigFoot
Admiral

I started playing The Secret of Monkey Island SE today.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19 2010, 08:34 PM   #435
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

Well, I was playing GTA IV. I decided to patch the game since the sniper rifle is broken. So I patched it from the Rockstar site, and now the game doesn't launch at all.
No doubt about it, all this screwing around with Windows Live and Rockstar Social Club has messed up an otherwise good title. A patch that breaks the game. WTF.
CaptainStoner is offline   Reply With Quote