Quinto In The Slap
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

Burton On Shatner’s Brown Bag Wine Tasting
By: T'Bonz on Sep 9

New Trek Trading Card Series
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

New Red Shirt Diaries Episode
By: T'Bonz on Sep 8

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old September 9 2010, 01:25 PM   #241
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Re: STO Trek BBS Fleet

This time I cant help. Klingons cant join the Armada. But i know there is a House of TrekBBS, which I am not a member of.
Old September 9 2010, 07:01 PM   #242
Akiraprise

Oh, did not know that.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Old September 15 2010, 03:35 AM   #243
CaptainStoner
Knuckle-dragging TNZ Denizen

Nevrin@CaptainStoner would like to join.

Currently LC6 w/science vessel.
Old September 16 2010, 03:42 PM   #244
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Hey All: any fleet actions coming up?

Also: any advice on the Hobus mission? Tons of Remans and I feel like I keep getting my ass kicked and have no strategy.
Old September 16 2010, 07:07 PM   #245
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Strategy on the Hobus mission? Well, only really that you should look at the minimap to keep track of where the Remans are. Approach them from an angle where you wont likely daw attention frome other squads than the one you are attacking at the moment. Order your officers to focus fire on your target to get them down quickly one by one. Use engineering skills that keep you alive as long as possible like Shield generator, health generator and phaser turrets to add another bit of DPS as well as put an additional target there for the Remans to occupy them. Also I never go on away missions anymore without a well trained medic.
Old September 16 2010, 08:01 PM   #246
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Thingol wrote: View Post
Strategy on the Hobus mission? Well, only really that you should look at the minimap to keep track of where the Remans are. Approach them from an angle where you wont likely daw attention frome other squads than the one you are attacking at the moment. Order your officers to focus fire on your target to get them down quickly one by one. Use engineering skills that keep you alive as long as possible like Shield generator, health generator and phaser turrets to add another bit of DPS as well as put an additional target there for the Remans to occupy them. Also I never go on away missions anymore without a well trained medic.
That brings up another question. My engineering officers have shield generator skills, but no phaser turret skills. HOw do I rectify this?
Old September 16 2010, 08:06 PM   #247
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
That brings up another question. My engineering officers have shield generator skills, but no phaser turret skills. HOw do I rectify this?
î'm going into the game now, if you liek we can team up for a bit.

Edit: I go in as soon as my client is patched up.
Old September 16 2010, 08:39 PM   #248
Scout101
Admiral

2 related questions:

How long is Infected supposed to take? Spent like 3 hours on that bastard, and didn't finish. More tedious than interesting.

Along those lines, is there a way to drag people with you to the part of the mission you need to complete? I'm on step 3 (Deeper into mystery, or whatever), as my team basically failed at life, and eventually just left. Need to get a new team together to finish the stupid thing, but don't wanna waste several hours starting over. Any way to get others to join at that step, other than randomly finding people that are also there? Needing 5 people total, it's not very likely I'll find a full squad, and you really need 4-5 to beat that part, can't do it with much less...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old September 16 2010, 09:04 PM   #249
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

I would be up for that, you can take people to the last part with you, but they wont get the mission rewards apart from drops.... on the other hand, level capped people might be in just for the fun as am I. with a good team the last part of the mission is real fun (and the first part not that tedious). I'll bring my medic if you like... Iam also a pretty good jumper by now.
Old September 16 2010, 10:49 PM   #250
Scout101
Admiral

hmm, i tried doing that earlier (first attempt, I finished part 1, but team left), but with people that hadn't tried it yet. Thought if I was the team leader, they'd show up at the same point I beamed into, but they started at the beginning while I went to part 2, so lost the team. Ended up having to drop the mission and start over to get a team. Maybe I was doing it wrong?
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old September 16 2010, 11:03 PM   #251
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

It's possible they have to have played at least up until the point you want to take them at least once.
Old September 17 2010, 02:31 PM   #252
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
î'm going into the game now, if you liek we can team up for a bit.

Edit: I go in as soon as my client is patched up.
Hey man...sorry didn't get that until today. I will be on later tonight, but not sure whether you will.
Old September 17 2010, 04:20 PM   #253
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Probably...
Old September 21 2010, 04:58 PM   #254
Trek
Fleet Captain

It's possible they have to have played at least up until the point you want to take them at least once.
Nope they don't have to. I jumped right to the end with you once and I've never played from the beginning.
Twitter: @Trek88
Old September 21 2010, 05:00 PM   #255
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

Probably...
My wife has book club. Will probably be on during that time!!