RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,841
Posts: 5,327,448
Members: 24,552
Currently online: 466
Newest member: mekogas

TrekToday headlines

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 14 2010, 10:29 PM   #2941
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: England - "The Home of Football"
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Man Utd poor start to the season by there standards continue, they look so off from last year. I still don't know why Fergie changed his system from last season. Rooney scored 34 goals playing as an actual striker so just put him back there

Playing deep for club and country will see Rooney do nothing but string a few passes together and not get on the sheet more than 12-15 times a season, not good enough. If he still had the ability to dribble pass people and score from distance you could play him in the hole but we have not seen that Rooney since 2004.
__________________
World Cup Thread 2014
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2010, 09:33 AM   #2942
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
You got Kuqi huh? Barn doors of Derbyshire breath a sigh of relief, because he'll never hit any of them Better than Craig Beattie though. Not the worst loanee.

Anyone want to hazard a guess at how long Strachan has left at McBoro?
Well after a bright start to the season disillusionment is starting to set in. I keep reminding myself that under Smith we were bottom in September and went on to finish second and get promoted but somehow I don't see that happening this year...
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with Oculus review

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2010, 12:58 PM   #2943
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Jax wrote: View Post
Man Utd poor start to the season by there standards.
I disagree. United nearly always start slowly. What is unusual is how they're victims of last minute comebacks this season, rather than the instigators.

Last night's match was dire, but frankly if the opposition show up and stick 9 behind the ball, and crowd any player in the box with at least 7 of their own, what do you expect to happen? Gibson was the only real threat from distance. Rangers, as usual, were a disgrace to the game. Their performance yesterday was so akin to the way they bored their way to the UEFA cup final I could feel my anger from that year welling up inside me. Then Valencia got injured and the anger turned to sorrow, because he's out for the season and is one of my favourite Prem players. Desparately sorry for him.

Starkers wrote: View Post
Well after a bright start to the season disillusionment is starting to set in.
Me too, one loss and it's all downhill from here! Not surprised we lost last night, we put out a poor team. Any side with McPhail and Rae in the midfield is going to get trouble, and trouble they got. Looking at the stats I'm amazed it was only 2-1! Let's hope the big guns (or indeed any guns, because Keogh can't play up top on his own) are back for the Ipswich game, because that's a team who will be smarting from being QPR's latest victims.

Please, please please someone beat QPR, and soon!
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2010, 01:09 PM   #2944
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

We almost beat QPR!
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with Oculus review

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2010, 04:01 PM   #2945
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

And failed as usual
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2010, 04:12 PM   #2946
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: England - "The Home of Football"
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Forest win for first time away at Preston, who look in more trouble than us this season. Forest could win the next 10 games and I would still dislike Billy D, he just rubs me up the wrong way .
__________________
World Cup Thread 2014
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15 2010, 11:10 PM   #2947
Starkers
Admiral
 
Starkers's Avatar
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
And failed as usual
Bit like you and the playoffs?

Jax wrote: View Post
Forest win for first time away at Preston, who look in more trouble than us this season. Forest could win the next 10 games and I would still dislike Billy D, he just rubs me up the wrong way .
There's just something very unlikeable about the man, even when we were winning/shooting up the league it was hard to warm to him.
__________________
Werewolves on the Moon Now with Oculus review

The Devils of Amber Street
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20 2010, 12:12 PM   #2948
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Berbatov's first goal: kamikaze defending (Torres marking Berbatov, Konchesky standing behind Reina!?)
Berbatov's third goal: functional. Almost as good a header as Adam Matthews'... only at the right end.
Berbatov's second goal: footballing pornography.
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22 2010, 11:07 PM   #2949
chineserapper05
Captain
 
Location: College Station / Cypress, Tx
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

I think after the game today, being a liverpool fan will be a source of mockery for me

at least i got a reason to drink now
__________________
I will always remember you, Darla

RIP Darla Perez, June 7, 2008
chineserapper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23 2010, 12:52 PM   #2950
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

^ You waited this long? I'm impressed

Liverpool are really beggaring belief now. You'd think that FA Cup reversal to Reading would have been the absolute bottom, now this.

Cracking round of the League Cup though - with most of the top 8 teams in the country out, it could get genuinely interesting this year!
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 08:40 PM   #2951
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Has this ever happened before guys?

Derby 5-0 Palace
Cardiff 2-1 Millwall
Forest 3-0 Swansea

Have we all won on the same day before? Feels like a rarity!
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 08:42 PM   #2952
Roger Wilco
Admiral
 
Roger Wilco's Avatar
 
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Grats to you all then. (my team won too, with a goal in the 93rd minute and I'm opening a bottle of beer right this moment).
__________________
Don't be a douche.
Roger Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2010, 10:49 PM   #2953
chineserapper05
Captain
 
Location: College Station / Cypress, Tx
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
^ You waited this long? I'm impressed
I never said I didn't drink because of liverpool before. Just said that was a reason to drink on wednesday.

of course, I've had a reason to drink the past 3 days
__________________
I will always remember you, Darla

RIP Darla Perez, June 7, 2008
chineserapper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2010, 04:29 AM   #2954
Jax
Admiral
 
Jax's Avatar
 
Location: England - "The Home of Football"
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Forest 3-0 Swansea
3-1 actually

Watched MOTD and the ref despite getting the Gerrard card wrong, should of been red but he was 100% right with the 1st goal to Liverpool. Sunderland can't play the card they didn't mean to take it because he kicked it away from the spot it was supposed to be taken.
__________________
World Cup Thread 2014

Last edited by A JaxMas Carol; September 26 2010 at 11:18 PM.
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2010, 05:03 PM   #2955
HappyDayRiot
Commodore
 
HappyDayRiot's Avatar
 
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

I agree, but surely that clown masquerading as a referee is the only referee in the world who would have ever let it happen.

I had no idea Swansea scored. Selective vision I guess!
__________________
"All you ever feel is anger. Why can't you ever express anything else?" Francine
"Because people make me mad all the time for being stupid about everything!" Stan
HappyDayRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.