Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old August 22 2010, 07:24 PM   #331
BigFoot
Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

I beat Modern Warfare 2 earlier today. After that I started playing Just Cause 2 which has been a lot of fun so far.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24 2010, 11:54 PM   #332
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Jeff O'Connor wrote: View Post
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Advance 2 were neither written nor directed by Yasumi Matsuno, the guru behind the terrifically-written Final Fantasy Tactics.
Yes, but the original Tactics Advance was a masterpiece in terms of storytelling. Tactics A2 wasn't that bad until they decided to replace actual dialog with indistinct word bubbles filled with gibberish.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2010, 02:00 AM   #333
Davros
Fleet Admiral

Our weekly gaming group has switched back to Exalted after having played Eclipse Phase for the past year.
Old August 26 2010, 11:58 AM   #334
Lonemagpie
Writer

While waiting for some Venom batteries for the 360 (since you can't seem to get official ones on their own) to arrive from Amazon, it's been back to the Cube for some favourite Rainbow Six 3 and Lockdown missions.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26 2010, 04:35 PM   #335
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

I remembered that I still had my Smash Brothers Melee disc and fired up my Wii for some action last night.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2010, 03:47 AM   #336
Brandonv
Fleet Captain

I am replaying the original Unreal single-player. Twelve years later the graphics still look good to me. A lot of people think this game is boring, but I think it has great atmosphere and music.

I have also started playing Elemental: War of Magic. It is a new 4x game from Stardock. The learning curve was a bit steep and first, but I am starting to have a lot of fun now that I am getting the hang of it.
Brandonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2010, 03:31 PM   #337
SPCTRE
That Wizard

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

^ People who fail to appreciate the original Unreal should have their Gaming licenses revoked.

Going to play some more skate. this weekend. There's another uneven learning curve for ya. Can be pretty steep in places, but it makes your successes more rewarding.
Old August 29 2010, 05:45 PM   #338
Shurik
Fleet Captain

I finally finished Bioshock (I started it ~year ago but for some reason stopped after around half a game) and started Bioshock 2. Is it just me or the second one is much harder that the first?
Old August 29 2010, 07:44 PM   #339
Mr Light
Admiral

Are you using the same difficulty setting? You may have a point. I played Bioshock on easy and I died like once the entire game. With 2, I don't know how many times I died, but I was constantly out of good ammo and desperate to find an Ammo Bandito.

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2010, 07:49 PM   #340
clint g
Admiral

Fired up my copy of Persona 3 Portable today. I think this makes for my 453654645th play through
Old August 30 2010, 12:22 AM   #341
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

I'm beating my games at a breakneck pace, which sucks because I'm trying to save my money for a new console About the only things I have left are the games that I've been putting off for a while now. Conflict: Vietnam, Endwar for the DS, and C&C: Renegade just to name a few.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2010, 01:06 AM   #342
Mr Light
Admiral

Finished Saint's Row 2! That was my favorite GTA style game to play. Not the best mind you, but the most fun with the best controls.

My next game sitting around is Fallout 3. I really hope I like it... I've heard a lot of great things about it, I'm interested in the story, and I know you can play it for like 100 hours if you want. Also, it's the last game I own I haven't played yet!

Old August 30 2010, 01:14 PM   #343
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Are you using the same difficulty setting? You may have a point. I played Bioshock on easy and I died like once the entire game. With 2, I don't know how many times I died, but I was constantly out of good ammo and desperate to find an Ammo Bandito.
I played half of the first Bioshock on medium and changed to easy. I've met some tough splicer, changed the settings and forgot to change back. Even on medium, I died maybe once or twice before the change. I didn't die on easy and I've never ran out of ammo or EVE.
I started Bioshock 2 on medium and it's much more difficult for me. I finish each big battle (Big Daddies, Big Sisters and when the Little Sister gathers Adam) almost without health, EVE and ammo. Spider splicers also seem a lot tougher. Surrounding the area with mini-turrets, traps and hacking the cameras help a lot but it's still tough.
It's a fun game nevertheless ...
Old August 30 2010, 02:04 PM   #344
Mr Light
Admiral

Yeah at the end of any collecting action I was completely spent. But you know that all those people you killed dropped ammo and money, right? You just have to go hunting around the entire area. The bodies disappear but they leave behind little boxes with the goodies still there, so look for little briefcase/boxes.

Old August 30 2010, 04:19 PM   #345
Shurik
Fleet Captain

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Yeah at the end of any collecting action I was completely spent. But you know that all those people you killed dropped ammo and money, right? You just have to go hunting around the entire area. The bodies disappear but they leave behind little boxes with the goodies still there, so look for little briefcase/boxes.
I'm doing it after the each battle. Those battles get way too chaotic to go looting during them, with the splicers coming from all directions ...
What's the best strategy to fight a Big Sister?