Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Old August 2 2010, 10:34 PM   #646
Enchanted Girl
Ensign

Re: TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

I am a new Star Trek fan. I started liking it this year and watched all of TNG from beginning to end. I saw glimpses of it on television over the years, but never tried actually watching it until now. I've watched some of the other series, but I know that I will never like them as much as I love TNG. This is largely because I absolutely love the characters. None of them annoy me, not even Lwaxana or Wesley Crusher or whoever else a lot of people might hate.

My favorite character is Data. In fact, I have a huge crush on Data. This embarasses me quite a bit. I'd never admit to it anywhere else except for a Star Trek forum.

I don't hate the first season like a lot of people do. That's where I started watching the show and I was hooked from the very first episode.

I love the philosophy behind Star Trek and the way it looks at the world differently than any other show I've ever seen.

I started watching Star Trek after there was a marathon of Generations on BBC America. I had nothing better to do at the time and found myself hooked on it, to the point of watching the movie three times in a row, even though now I don't think very highly of it.
Enchanted Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2010, 02:48 AM   #647
T'Mar
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hello! I'm a long time TNG fan -- I practically grew up on the show -- and had a renaissance of sorts when I was in college, and my roommate and I would sit and watch it and (lovingly) MST3K it.

I now have DVR, and have it set to just record any TNG episode that comes on, so I can watch at my leisure! A very good way to watch Trek.
T'Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4 2010, 06:09 AM   #648
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor

I would most certainly identify myself as a TNG fan, so I suppose I'm obligated to post here!
Jeff O'Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6 2010, 11:05 PM   #649
PantherFiction
Ensign

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PantherFiction Send a message via Yahoo to PantherFiction

hey guys,
I pretty much love The Next Generation. I've seen, like most of you, every episode. Picard's up there with Kirk on me. Janeway isn't particularly great, but that doesn't matter in this thread.

I really like all the characters, really. Data and Worf are both very beast.

(I'm actually lying on my bed watching Rascals followed by a Fistful Of Datas whilst waiting on my boyfriend texting me back, heh, touch luck on that happening :\)

Later little dudes.

TNG!
I smegging love Red Dwarf
PantherFiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7 2010, 07:11 AM   #650
varek
Commander

Like Rear Admiral Naraht, I love Dr. Crusher. I found Dr. Pulaski totally unacceptable. I am so thankful that the producers of STNG brought Dr. Crusher back to the Enterprise!
varek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10 2010, 04:45 AM   #651
jwb
Lieutenant

I've been a fan of TNG since around 1990. I just recently watched all the episodes in air date order. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to meet Wil Wheaton, so I told him I had just watched everything from "shut up, Wesley" to "Wesley comes back and is a jerk to everybody". Here's a photo of us:

-jwb-
jwbraun.com
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2010, 01:56 PM   #652
Joshonator
Lieutenant

I watched a few episodes when i was young, but the only memorable thing to me was the "bald guy" and Worf's messed up forehead. Then my friends dad tried to convince me that "star trek is better than star wars" so i watched the entire original series and really enjoyed it. Then about two years ago i started watching TNG but it was on and off for a while until i got to season four, after that i watched them all religiously until I finished the series.
Joshonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2010, 09:22 PM   #653
Whill
Lieutenant Commander

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Whills Universe

Joshonator wrote: View Post
"star trek is better than star wars"
TNG is my favorite Trek series, but not let's not go over board here.
* Opinions are not "flaws". * Why post so much about things you hate?
Whill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2010, 02:16 PM   #654
Alienesse
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Alienesse

Since I've been spending quite a lot of time on this board, I guess it would only be polite to introduce myself as well.

Pround TNG fan since the beginning of the 90s, when watching an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation every Sunday evening was everyone's favorite weekend pastime in a country just out of Communist darkness.
Old October 4 2010, 05:44 PM   #655
TimeDilation
Cadet

hey there, new here, and over the years my neural pathways have become accustomed to trek's sensory input patterns, tng = 3rd fav tv show of all time

Last edited by TimeDilation; October 4 2010 at 06:57 PM.
TimeDilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6 2010, 06:05 AM   #656
Listener4
Lieutenant Commander

TNG is what got me into Star Trek. I became a fan between the sixth and seventh season when I was about 12.

I've probably never again been as excited as I was for both All Good Things and Generations.
Listener4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2010, 09:51 PM   #657
THE Imzadi Fan
Ensign

View THE Imzadi Fan's Twitter Profile

I'm Megan. I grew up watching TNG as a kid with my dad...and I absolutely hated it. I started rewatching reruns a couple years ago back in college...and when I caught the ep "Menage a Troi" I was completely sucked in and became a fan.

I'd have to say my favorite characters are Troi and Riker...both as a couple and individually. I also love Lwaxana. Not a big Worf fan...but I attribute that to the whole Worf/Troi fiasco during season 7 when the writers were taking some kind of drugs and had a WTF moment.

I just started a Star Trek blog called Sacred Chalice of Rixx about a month ago to talk about my Trek love and rant and rave all I wanted. If any of you are interested, I'd love you to check it out and let me know what you think! Here's the link: http://theimzadifan.wordpress.com/

I look forward to chatting with you all on here!
THE Imzadi Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2010, 10:39 AM   #658
trekkerguy
Commodore

View trekkerguy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkerguy

My name's Mark and I'm 22, I've been a fan since the womb when my mother would watch the first season and I was raised on it from birth. I've seen and love, without reservation, every episode and film in Trek, but none of them have the effect on me that TNG does.

Picard and Riker would have to be my favorite primary charcters with Dr. Crusher very close. Favorite guest character is definitely Ensign Ro(SO HAWT).

Let's see, The Inner Light is by far my favorite episode of anything that's ever been on TV, Trek or not. I love auxilery craft especially the Type-6 Shuttlecraft, it's the ultimate Star Trek design.

To get to know me check out my twitters or facebook
trekkerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2010, 06:27 PM   #659
Satyrquaze
Vice Admiral

Hey,

I'm a long-time fan of TNG, in fact it was TNG that got me into Star Trek in the first place. I knew of Trek and really liked "Wrath of Khan" and "Voyage Home", but I couldn't describe myself as a fan until after I saw TNG. Now, I have most episodes memorized or at least know the title of the episode within seconds of turning it on.

My favorite charaters are: La Forge and Picard.

My favorite episodes include: Tin Man, The Defector, Yesterday's Enterprise, and the Inner Light.

I'm a big fan of the ships themselves and their histories in Trek.
Old November 11 2010, 04:17 AM   #660
Subcommander R.
Commodore

I didn't really like Tin Man, but the others are some of my own favorites. So good picks on the whole.