Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old August 27 2010, 12:37 PM   #31
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

Re: Sex & the gender gap

'Huh? Care to explain that in more detail?'

You do have some problems with some things, don't you? I've been asked out twice, and had no drinking money at the time. I don't think it's culturally as acceptable for women to to it, as in the US. I know some English guy who was amazed, when, after the Gulf War, as an admired Brit, he was offered a condom by an admiring US woman.

It may be because we are reserved, it may be because our women are still supposed to be chaste, but it is getting better. And, though I am not telepathic, and I sometimes wish I was, it is my distinct impression, that in some cases, the man is supposed to 'take the lead', to put it in the best way, and the woman is supposed to follow, meekly and subserviently.

No doubt they just jump on you.

Actually, as I've stated in my transmissions back to 'Orson', on planet Orc, quite a few times, that my impression is, that women in this country usually only ask men out if they are very good looking.
Cheapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27 2010, 01:33 PM   #32
Pingfah
Admiral

Cheapjack wrote: View Post

You do have some problems with some things, don't you?
I have problems with people that can't express themselves properly yes, perhaps English is not your first language, but I assure you I have no problems understanding when people make themselves clear.

I've been asked out twice, and had no drinking money at the time. I don't think it's culturally as acceptable for women to to it, as in the US. I know some English guy who was amazed, when, after the Gulf War, as an admired Brit, he was offered a condom by an admiring US woman.
Not that bit. Why will you be a doormat for the rest of your life if a woman asks you out?

And are you sure you are not communicating with us from the 1950s?
Old August 27 2010, 01:43 PM   #33
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

Pingfah wrote: View Post

You do have some problems with some things, don't you?
I have problems with people that can't express themselves properly yes, perhaps English is not your first language, but I assure you I have no problems understanding when people make themselves clear.

I've been asked out twice, and had no drinking money at the time. I don't think it's culturally as acceptable for women to to it, as in the US. I know some English guy who was amazed, when, after the Gulf War, as an admired Brit, he was offered a condom by an admiring US woman.
Not that bit. Why will you be a doormat for the rest of your life if a woman asks you out?

And are you sure you are not communicating with us from the 1950s?
At times, I wonder if I am not in the 13thC.

That's what I have seen, in some relationships, and that's what I can sense with some women, which is why I have steered clear of them, not wanting a meaty right hander for answering back, or her relatives to baseball bat my knees. I think it's just where I am, now, actually.
Old August 27 2010, 01:46 PM   #34
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I might be going out on a limb here, but if you don't talk to women because you're worried about them or their relatives beating the shit out of you, you are probably hanging around the wrong people.
Old August 27 2010, 01:50 PM   #35
Pingfah
Admiral

At times, I wonder if I am not in the 13thC.

That's what I have seen, in some relationships, and that's what I can sense with some women, which is why I have steered clear of them, not wanting a meaty right hander for answering back, or her relatives to baseball bat my knees. I think it's just where I am, now, actually.
Yes, I hear Broadmoor is lovely at this time of year.
Old August 27 2010, 01:52 PM   #36
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

Of course. But, you do get people like that.

Back to OP: I think women are more free to discuss their sexuality, now. Maybe, as I've said, women could have two boyfriends at once??

And, not in Broadmoor, either, thank you very much.
Old August 27 2010, 02:02 PM   #37
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

What does having two boyfriends have to do with anything??
Old August 27 2010, 02:09 PM   #38
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

Isn't there a Christina Aguilera song, that says if a guy has two girls, he's cool, a girl has two guys, she's a whore?

Also, I think, from what I have read, that women would like men to be less possessive too. A man can be forgiven for playing around and can be brought back into a relationship, after a sulk, but a woman would be shown the door?

And, I won't tell you what the people back on Orc, do!!

Old August 27 2010, 02:12 PM   #39
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

What?? I think women are forgiven more easily for infidelity than men. Again, double standard, since women are "weak" and "emotional" and therefore easily plied into doing things they normally wouldn't.

That said, some women are way too forgiving of men who cheat on them, letting them do it repeatedly. I have one friend whose boyfriend cheated on her four times with the same girl, and even then she was still begging him not to break up with her. She finally came to her senses and dumped his ass, but still.
Old August 27 2010, 02:17 PM   #40
SPCTRE
Weltmeister

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

[nuBSG Billy Keikeya voice]I don't know anything about women.[/voice]
Old August 27 2010, 02:25 PM   #41
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

Robert,

Say a girl has a boyfriend who is a sailor, or is out of the country for six months. Could she see someone else, freely in the meantime, or should she wear a chastity belt?

And, anyway, should people be as faithful? I mean, we're not all swingers, but you do meet people you might never meet again in your iife and you might only have a few hours with them, even if you do have someone else. Maybe women could be just as impulsive as men in that circumstance?
Old August 27 2010, 02:37 PM   #42
Pingfah
Admiral

Robert,

Say a girl has a boyfriend who is a sailor, or is out of the country for six months. Could she see someone else, freely in the meantime, or should she wear a chastity belt?
What an odd question. It would depend on whether they are in an open relationship or not wouldn't it? There's no black and white answer to it.
Old August 27 2010, 02:46 PM   #43
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

Pingfah wrote: View Post
Robert,

What an odd question. It would depend on whether they are in an open relationship or not wouldn't it? There's no black and white answer to it.
This!
Old August 27 2010, 02:49 PM   #44
Cheapjack
Fleet Captain

But, will all relationships be more open, in the future?

It did say in TNG, that people didn't own each other as much in relationships.

Would they all appear to be swingers, or at least very free?

I think, from what I have heard, that the sailor scenario, would be liked by women. I mean, the sailor couldn't be expected to go without for six months, we should she? And nothing would be said about it, when they met up again? Just fulfilling a desire?

It nearly happened to me, with a woman with a sailor boyfriend, once.
Old August 27 2010, 02:51 PM   #45
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

I think people will do what they prefer. Who can say if open relationships will become more common? That depends on too many things to speculate about.