Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old August 24 2010, 09:53 PM   #31
Geckothan
Fleet Captain

Re: Kings of Leon Music Will NOT Be On Glee

I've never heard of Glee, but I've just read a summary of it and it sounds awful. I have, however, heard of Kings of Leon, and I know they're awful.

RIP Star Trek 1964-1999
Geckothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 01:44 AM   #32
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

Geckothan wrote: View Post
I've never heard of Glee, but I've just read a summary of it and it sounds awful. I have, however, heard of Kings of Leon, and I know they're awful.
Then you haven't heard the best songs, or enough of them that are good; I have, and I love the song 'Molly's Chambers' a lot. Maybe that's not enough, but it is for me.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 01:56 AM   #33
CaptainCanada
Admiral

I've never heard of Glee, but I've just read a summary of it and it sounds awful.
It's quite a fun show, I've found.

- Homer Simpson
CaptainCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 08:07 AM   #34
Checkmate
Commodore

It's one of those rare shows where the execution far, far, far exceeds the horrible premise. It's a fluke show. The only people I've met who disliked it and who've actually watched it (as opposed to simply saying they have) are those who went in hating the premise and didn't give it a chance despite watching it. Not surprisingly, most of them tend to just overcompensate in everything they do anyway, too.

Their loss. It's a fun show, especially the first half of the season.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 09:06 AM   #35
stueyross
Captain

Send a message via ICQ to stueyross Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stueyross

Yet another case of musicians picking and choosing what they consider to be selling out. Theyre okay to whore themselves on every chat show on the circuit when their next album is coming out but god forbid they should allow a fun, cheesey, light hearted massive hit to use one of their songs.

Yawn. SO over KoL.
stueyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 09:06 AM   #36
stueyross
Captain

Send a message via ICQ to stueyross Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stueyross

Yet another case of musicians picking and choosing what they consider to be selling out. Theyre okay to whore themselves on every chat show on the circuit when their next album is coming out but god forbid they should allow a fun, cheesey, light hearted massive hit to use one of their songs.

Yawn. SO over KoL.
stueyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 09:21 AM   #37
Pingfah
Admiral

stueyross wrote: View Post

Yawn. SO over KoL.
You really can't compare a band performing their own material as musical guests on chat TV to allowing it to be performed by other people on a fiction show. It's perfectly reasonable for them to distinguish between those two uses of their music and it's perfectly reasonable to promote yourself on chat shows if you are a professional musician. Performing your own music as a musician for the public isn't selling out, that constitutes a large part of the point of being a musician, as does selling your records to people.

No offence, but a lot of the complaints here just sound like sour grapes that people think this band is insulting something that they like, people should not take it so personally. They put a lot of effort into writing and recording their music, and they don't want a bunch of kids popping it up for a TV show, they want to control where it is used. So what?!

- Richard "Richie" Richard
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 07:07 PM   #38
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Kings of who? (I'm being serious here)

It's their prerogative to not have their music performed on Glee. I'm sure with the show's runaway popularity, they're having no trouble finding enough songs to fill the second season.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 07:21 PM   #39
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Dusty Ayres wrote: View Post
Then you haven't heard the best songs, or enough of them that are good; I have, and I love the song 'Molly's Chambers' a lot. Maybe that's not enough, but it is for me.
No, they're really quite bad.

They're also massive knobheads going by this story. Arty farty twats with ideas above their station.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 08:35 PM   #40
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
Kings of who? (I'm being serious here)

It's their prerogative to not have their music performed on Glee. I'm sure with the show's runaway popularity, they're having no trouble finding enough songs to fill the second season.
The Kings are a southern rock group who broke out the pack in 2009. As for Glee, it reminds me of the second year of Miami Vice when TV Guide and USA Today would list the songs used in each episode. The USA Today had a special section for it in the Friday paper
Old August 25 2010, 10:06 PM   #41
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
The Kings are a southern rock group who broke out the pack in 2009.
WTF Try 2003
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25 2010, 10:37 PM   #42
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Shazam! wrote: View Post
Star Wolf wrote: View Post
The Kings are a southern rock group who broke out the pack in 2009.
WTF Try 2003
Depends upon your definition of pack. I doubt Glee would have come calling without Sex On Fire and Use Somebody.
Old August 26 2010, 02:29 PM   #43
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

Pingfah wrote: View Post
stueyross wrote: View Post

Yawn. SO over KoL.
You really can't compare a band performing their own material as musical guests on chat TV to allowing it to be performed by other people on a fiction show. It's perfectly reasonable for them to distinguish between those two uses of their music and it's perfectly reasonable to promote yourself on chat shows if you are a professional musician. Performing your own music as a musician for the public isn't selling out, that constitutes a large part of the point of being a musician, as does selling your records to people.

No offence, but a lot of the complaints here just sound like sour grapes that people think this band is insulting something that they like, people should not take it so personally. They put a lot of effort into writing and recording their music, and they don't want a bunch of kids popping it up for a TV show, they want to control where it is used. So what?!
Exactly what I said before.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote