Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old August 21 2010, 06:46 PM   #46
TerokNor
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Shaping a Cardassian

Couldn´t you draw a picture that shows Jarol, Damar and Brennok together NG, If you have time and if its all right with Gul Re´jal? That would be great!

TerokNor

I support PLAN. http://plan-international.org/
TerokNor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21 2010, 06:50 PM   #47
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I'm not very good most of the time with drawing pictures with more than one person in them, I'm afraid.
Old August 21 2010, 06:52 PM   #48
TerokNor
Captain

Couldn´t you draw three pictures, one with Jarol, one with Damar and one with Brennok? *G*
And besides you did a picture with Dukat and Ziyal and that one is very good.

TerokNor

Old August 21 2010, 06:55 PM   #49
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I was VERY lucky with that one...I found a reference photo for the poses. Otherwise I would have been in a LOT of trouble.
Old August 21 2010, 07:12 PM   #50
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Location: Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space station

There were those two places, where Jarol was recalling things from past, which had already happened. Corak's case, when she talked to Dukat and Brenok's arrival to Roumar after she talked to Corak. Both those things happened prior to described events, so "in theory" (which I have to follow as I understand it, as I have no instinct) those events should be in Past Perfect Tense. But they sounded so weird in Past Perfect, so I left them in Past Simple. I probably did it all wrong, but well... maybe some day I'll learn

Brenok is supposed to be adorable, so I'm glad I succeeded

Oh, Nerys, if you'd like and have time to draw them, or one of them (especially Jarol or Brenok) I would be really honoured! Actually Jarol looks pretty much like my avatar (a little modified photo of Gul Ocet, of course), but Brenok doesn't have a face in my mind's eye. I mean: of course his hair, ear and scar on his neck ridge I "see", but details of his face - not. I have a reference grafic, which was suppose to be him, but the Cardassian's face is too harsh, and Glinn "the sweet singer" Brenok came out as a very nice and friendly fellow, so that harsh face doesn't match him at all.
Old August 21 2010, 07:20 PM   #51
TerokNor
Captain

Hmm, but when they happend and are not contuining to happen, but are finished, isn´t Past simple right anyway?

TerokNor

Old August 21 2010, 07:21 PM   #52
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I'd have to find a good reference...and I have to warn you, I am not a very skilled or very fast artist. It takes me a LONG time to come up with something and to actually do it.
Old August 21 2010, 07:29 PM   #53
TerokNor
Captain

Ah moment... here in my nice new Cambridge Grammar in Use it says, that the Past perfect gets used when you contune talking about something that happend before a point in the past, for the starting point in the past however you take past simple. "When Sarah arrived at the party, Paul had already gone home."

TerokNor

Old August 21 2010, 07:32 PM   #54
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

I actually saw it drawn out as a diagram once, to explain how to use the different Spanish past tenses (which have a similar arrangement though a very different way of conjugating them). I wish I had that diagram!!!
Old August 21 2010, 07:43 PM   #55
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

TerokNor wrote: View Post
"When Sarah arrived at the party, Paul had already gone home."

TerokNor
But how about the continuation? "She remembered when he had come to the ship. ... " and past perfect past perfect and past perfect for whole paragraph? Isn't it too much of Past Perfect? I don't remember reading something like this in any book (I could have not paid attention, so I don't claim there wasn't such case, I just don't recall).

Nerys, you ARE very skilled artists. I love your drawings. The "mar'kuu" animal was inspired by your drawing of the riding hound. I imagine it as a combination of a dolphin with Cardassian ridges, the spoon on its forehead and a tail like Galor class warship
Old August 21 2010, 07:47 PM   #56
TerokNor
Captain

*scratches head* Uhm..no idea. *looks at NG* How would you continue?

Old August 21 2010, 07:48 PM   #57
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Well, what I mean is, even though in the end I'm pleased with the result, it doesn't come to me as easily or with the speed that it does for most real artists. I appreciate your kind words, though!
Old August 21 2010, 07:53 PM   #58
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

Even if it takes ages, if you would like to draw any of them, then go ahead. I would impatiently wait as long a it would be necessary

TerokNor, you can draw too, we've got proofs here on this very forum
Old August 21 2010, 08:01 PM   #59
TerokNor
Captain

:P But not as good as her and no adults.

Old August 21 2010, 08:03 PM   #60
Gul Re'jal
Commodore

:::glares at him the same way Damar glares from his avatar:::

How about baby Brenok?