RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,686
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 416
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old July 23 2010, 04:07 AM   #871
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!
Re: *Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

omgbbq Zachary, WHAT DID YOU DO BOY. Wynter, I grieve with thee.

I hope you are right, M'Sharak... not sure how well Spock with a buzzed haircut would go over! How long are we thinking it will be until they start filming?

Edit: Those pictures from Etched just shocked the manners right out of me. Welcome, NerdunRage and Clare!

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 04:57 AM   #872
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Tribbles wrote: View Post

I hope you are right, M'Sharak... not sure how well Spock with a buzzed haircut would go over!
Or Spock with spiked hair?

Tribbles wrote: View Post
How long are we thinking it will be until they start filming?
January 2011, says Bruce Greenwood here, which I think fits with tentative start times given by a couple of other cast members. That could be subject to change, of course, but I don't think they'd want to be starting filming any later than that on a film slated for a June 2012 release.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 06:10 PM   #873
Wynterhawk
Commodore

Location: Wynterhawk is cool like the other side of your pillow

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Bet it doesn't take all that long to grow back.
Hee! I bet it'll be back before the end of that day

Or Spock with spiked hair?
Ooo. Mirror Spock.
Old July 24 2010, 10:44 AM   #874
Etched
Rear Admiral

Here's some pics from SDCC from an MTV interview about the comic book his company are... actually I'm not 100% sure what their involvement is.

Etched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2010, 06:09 PM   #875
Nerd unRage
Commander

I'll be honest, I'm glad he got a haircut although that is a bit short for my tastes. The longish hair on Heroes was starting to irritate the hell out of me. Considering what a hairy guy he is, I'm sure he'll have a full head of Spock hair by the end of the month.

Oh, and so glad for new pics. That just made my day.

Thank you!
Nerd unRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2010, 06:20 PM   #876
Wynterhawk
Commodore

Thanks Etched! He's still very cute. He's got that sweet face that's appealing no matter the hair cut.
Old July 24 2010, 07:08 PM   #877
FarStrider
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to FarStrider

I wonder if MTV asked about his haircut. . .

~FS
Old July 24 2010, 08:17 PM   #878
M'Sharak

Etched wrote: View Post
Here's some pics from SDCC from an MTV interview about the comic book his company are... actually I'm not 100% sure what their involvement is.
There's something about that here, looks like.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
Old July 24 2010, 09:57 PM   #879
Etched
Rear Admiral

^My confusion is, if Archaia are the publishers what exactly is it that BTD are doing? Are they financing it? I confess I know nothing about the world of comic book publishing so maybe (read quite possibly) I'm being dim.
Old July 24 2010, 11:24 PM   #880
Wynterhawk
Commodore

Yep, it is true. If you need to know something, M. will have a link for it.
Old July 24 2010, 11:33 PM   #881
M'Sharak

^My confusion is, if Archaia are the publishers what exactly is it that BTD are doing? Are they financing it? I confess I know nothing about the world of comic book publishing so maybe (read quite possibly) I'm being dim.
I'm no expert, either, but it looks like Archaia has the plant and machinery to publish/produce the physical comics and BTD is lining up the writers/artists and overseeing the development of a line (or lines) of comics reflecting their creative vision (and possibly bearing their brand/stamp/label.) The financial aspects aren't really addressed in the article, but I'd imagine that BTD would have to be kicking some of their own funds in, and that BTD and Archaia both stand to benefit from the arrangement if these comics are successful.

More about Archaia

I don't see anything yet about the partnership on their News Page, but it was only announced this morning.

Edit:

Heh. Look under 'Likes and Interests' on Archaia's Facebook page.

Edit, some more:

From a link posted on Archaia's FB wall by Before The Door Pictures:

http://www.beforethedoor.com/2010/07...comic-con.html

EditEditEdit:

Wynterhawk wrote: View Post

Yep, it is true. If you need to know something, M. will have a link for it.
Even if, as I only realized hours later, that the partnership announcement referred to in that link was made at last year's San Diego Comic-Con. What happened this year is that they're presenting the first completed product of that partnership.

I need to stop trying to do too many things at once.

Last edited by M'Sharak; July 25 2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old July 26 2010, 07:25 PM   #882
Etched
Rear Admiral

Just spotted this on LJ, I think maybe this is why ZQ decided to cut his hair, someone clearly told him that the hair band was a step too far.

This was taken earlier in the month at a get together of the cast and crew of Angels in America.

More pics over at the website for the production.

I'm no expert, either, but it looks like Archaia has the plant and machinery to publish/produce the physical comics and BTD is lining up the writers/artists and overseeing the development of a line (or lines) of comics reflecting their creative vision (and possibly bearing their brand/stamp/label.) The financial aspects aren't really addressed in the article, but I'd imagine that BTD would have to be kicking some of their own funds in, and that BTD and Archaia both stand to benefit from the arrangement if these comics are successful.
Yeah that makes sense even to someone dim like me. Thanks!
Old July 26 2010, 08:12 PM   #883
Wynterhawk
Commodore

^^^

*oogles picture*

Ummm.... if he were a little older and perhaps John Hurt in "Even cowgirls get the blues" I would say yes to the headband.
Old July 26 2010, 10:19 PM   #884
Etched
Rear Admiral

^Have you noticed that his sweat shirt is inside out too? At first I thought it was one of those that is made to look like its inside out but if you look at the other pictures you can see the labels.
Old July 26 2010, 10:29 PM   #885
Wynterhawk
Commodore

^^
Noooo, I hadn't noticed *giggles*. Does he get dressed in the dark? Hastily? Trying to stretch out laundry day? hee hee