Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 22 2010, 04:07 PM   #226
lllindy457

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Old July 22 2010, 07:57 PM   #227
John Clark
Commodore

SPCTRE wrote: View Post
Jono wrote: View Post
Dragon Age: Origins for the PC
Good call, it's a very good RPG on a console, but it's even better on the PC.
Enjoyed it on the PC too. I've just completed Leliana's Song for it. It's a little short and not unfamiliar enough for my taste, but it did remind me of what I've been missing.

On another note, I've been giving KOTOR2 a retry, this time on Win7-64. Works for me
Old July 23 2010, 12:26 PM   #228
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Lor'Vela wrote: View Post
ST: Birth of the Federation. Currently playing a modded version of the game.
This time last year I use to play ST-BOTF a lot (and MOO2). But today I decided on buying Galactic Cilivization 2 (I know it's an old game). About to play it for a few hours, after watching my Eels win.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 02:40 PM   #229
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

I just picked up InFamous for the PS3; pretty cool game and I am already liking it better than a similar sandbox game GTA4 because there is no driving!

And I can dive bomb enemies.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 05:38 PM   #230
SPCTRE
1954 1974 1990 2014

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

TheBrew wrote: View Post
I just picked up InFamous for the PS3; pretty cool game and I am already liking it better than a similar sandbox game GTA4 because there is no driving!
But but but... driving is the best part, always has been in the GTA series
"Now, over in America, they call it 'immersion'; it's not immersion. Immersion is playing Half-Life and not realizing the house is burning down, and that your wife's left you, and that you haven't eaten for a week." - Paul Barnett
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 06:56 PM   #231
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Kaijufan wrote: View Post
I just finished up my very first play through of Deus Ex. A pretty good game, though I didn't think it was quite as great as everyone said it was (though maybe it was because I played it 10 years later).
The real niftyness shows up when you play it again, and do everything differently. Will Sandra reconcile with her father, or run away and become one of the bums at the gas station? Or will you even save her at all? Will Paul survive or die? When will you choose to kill Anna-----you have at least 3 different options on that score? Where will you fight Walton Simons: in the undersea labs, or at Area 51? Will you find an entire area of Hong Kong you completely missed the first time?
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 07:30 PM   #232
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

I gave up on GTA 4 because it got too frustrating trying to weave through traffic to catch a guy who can drive perfectly.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 09:05 PM   #233
stalin2005
Lieutenant Commander

View stalin2005's Twitter Profile

Dragon Age: Origins on Xbox360. Playing as a human warrior, recruited the elves and mages so far and now busy in Orzammar. Although the graphics are dated, it's an excellent game so far. When I finish it (over 35 hours into it) I might replay it with a different race and class.

Puzzle Quest on the PSP. Matching gems is always fun!
Old July 23 2010, 09:39 PM   #234
Yoda
Rear Admiral

I gave up on GTA 4 because it got too frustrating trying to weave through traffic to catch a guy who can drive perfectly.
The chases in GTA4 were too damned scripted. In previous games you could do some nifty driving and cut a guy off in a few seconds... in GTA4 it played like a cut scene. You're best off just slowly trailing the guy until the game decides you've done enough chasing. Kind of a slap in the face to the whole concept of open sandbox gameplay if you ask me.
Old July 23 2010, 10:07 PM   #235
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Warcraft III... I feel really antiquated and out-of-date compared to all of your shiny, expensive, high-end home consoles. My computer would probably catch on fire if I tried plugging anything more modern than early 2001 in.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 10:13 PM   #236
SPCTRE
1954 1974 1990 2014

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

Yoda wrote: View Post
The chases in GTA4 were too damned scripted. In previous games you could do some nifty driving and cut a guy off in a few seconds... in GTA4 it played like a cut scene. You're best off just slowly trailing the guy until the game decides you've done enough chasing. Kind of a slap in the face to the whole concept of open sandbox gameplay if you ask me.
That much is true, the chases were immersion-breakingly overscripted, especially if you're a good driver and/or in a superior vehicle.

Overly scripted missions generally defeat the point of the whole sandbox experience.

On topic: Finished the campaign in Halo Wars, extremely satisfying experience from a Halo lore perspective (ZOMG, it's a Shield World ), but also surprisingly fun in terms of gameplay (while simplified in many respects, the controls work pretty damn well - considering this is a console RTS).
"Now, over in America, they call it 'immersion'; it's not immersion. Immersion is playing Half-Life and not realizing the house is burning down, and that your wife's left you, and that you haven't eaten for a week." - Paul Barnett
SPCTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 11:48 PM   #237
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Just finished infamous(Fantastic game, not many games i will run through twice in one go)...now I'm back to LBP to try and get those last few online trophies, god i hate those online trophies things but the game is almost complete apart from those few hearted trophies.

So while I'm begging for those 50 hearts to complete that games Plat its either AVP or Ghostbusters.

Who you gonna call!........it dont mattter......cause in space, nobody can hear you scream.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24 2010, 12:16 AM   #238
Steven
Admiral

Currently doing a re-run of Mass Effect 2 (only this time with the Overlord and Kasumi DLC). Which is just perfect because I have other games that need finishing (and starting!). Including, but not limited to, Oblivion, Prototype, and Final Fantasy XII.

Yes, I'm procrastinating on video games. I'm just that awesome.
Old July 24 2010, 12:44 AM   #239
Jax
Admiral

Yoda wrote: View Post
Indeed, GTA 4 biggest problem especially when actually a few were unscripted but you didn't have a clue when that was unless you wanted to waste shit load of ammo at the sake of your driving while you shoot to test the theory out.
Old July 24 2010, 07:30 AM   #240
omegaone
Lieutenant Commander

Got Red Dead Redemption finally...
omegaone is offline   Reply With Quote