New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old July 13 2010, 03:53 AM   #16
starsuperion
Captain

Re: The Doctor Who Schematics Thread

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I really like the Gallyfrean symbols on the page....

I tell you what, I like it too..not to mention I am working on a Guide to the tardis, and using that and the image shown above for that digital book.. I will update the old thread with that once all of the book is finished.

as for this thread, I wanted to do all the ships like they do int he star trek schematics thread, so from here on out, I am going to do other ships and they will be on plain white back drops..

Be looking for the Rutan ships!

Psion wrote: View Post
I'm a bit more comfortable with the re-scale, although that's still immense -- but don't take that as a criticism; indeed, the sources you cite seem to demand something a bit larger than my expectations.
yeah, but when you really think about it, it fits the goal and the needs of the ancient time lords who piloted a type 40 before the doctor got his hands on it.. you should really check out the comics from IDW, they truly show the Tardis in a way that makes you truly feel as if the ship is massive, and I suppose that is what a lot of us fans remember about the Marvel comics of the doctor..which is why most of the writers, and fans know instinctively that the Tardis is huge, beyond what the show has depicted.. though in the "invasion of Time" series, the 4th doctor is running scared from the Sontarans, and ends up leading his crew down into the Tardis, and remarks something about him being on the 24th level down..

I'm fascinated with this project of yours, although I admit that I preferred the previous version; it was graceful and beautiful in a suspension-bridge-meets-classical-Greek-column kind of way. On the other hand, the current effort appears more practical and probably a much better utilization of the available volume.
Yeah I know, but after all that I kept finding out, and reading, and learning, it came down to the Tardis needs to have a massive room section that is modular, and free, and spins clockwise, while a massive set of rings which bend space inward to the cloister and form the vortex and maybe even a worm hole of sorts, it's a part of the fact that the tardis travels in time, and space and well with everything I have seen, it just makes sense..the design now, makes much more sense.. the beauty of the original design was there, but not practical to what a Tardis truly is within it's own dimension..

And regardless of the layout, you keep turning out clean and finished artwork that belongs in a professionally bound and published volume.

Honestly, I hope you keep coming up with new ideas for the TARDIS exterior for many years to come. Your Sysiphean toils will be the stuff of my personal joy every time I click on one of your threads.
as much as I would like to keep redoing and redoing the design, I think that this model is probably the best yet.. however, let us remember that I will want to do schematics for the earlier models, which will have an arcane 1960's trek feel to it, with a more regal and steampunk look to it.

I am sure the older models of the Tardis will have a Victorian style of it's own, especially the much touted and massive Type 7 (Rassilon's personal Tardis!), not to mention the cool design of a Prototardis..

For now, if I can get the schematics for the original to stay put, the others should be easier to do... now that I have the main formula finalized as the Type 40, the others will come much easier, as the formula is pretty easy. the coolest thing will be to do the war Tardises in this new style, and showcase their weaponry..

BTW

as the Tardis jettisons it's rooms to gain extra thrust, it does so on the inside of the ring of rooms in the middle, they end up being shot directly into the swirling vortex which is produced just above the center of the ring on the top and bottom of the ship as it spins..if you can look at the design and imagine that..

Last edited by starsuperion; July 13 2010 at 04:12 AM.
starsuperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14 2010, 12:27 AM   #17
starsuperion
Captain

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
Before it gets too old, here's a thought on desgin variants, or perhaps a challenge:

1) In "Castrovalva", the gang jettisons about 25% of the overall superstructure, basically by cutting rooms loose randomly. In your setup, what would this look like?
In the newer design, the rooms that were cut loose would be dropping from the interior of the ring of rooms from the center of the tardis.. imagine that the center of the Tardis is open to the top and bottom of the ship where the Time vortex is drawn and exits the ship.. the rooms are in a revolving state. In the schematic below we see the Top section of the Tardis which shows the massive machine that manipulates the Time/space Vortex. Communications through the vortex, and materialization and re-materialization machines are located on the larger ring.. the rooms would have dropped from the top of the ship and bottom into the vortex, and would provide the extra power needed to thrust the ship out of a particular bad spot.. the overall look might show a few less rooms in a ring around the center of the ship, with the rings being much less in length, but still all connected for use..

2) Assuming the interior of the TARDIS is reconfigurable to an extent beyond just changing the desktop theme (which in your setup probably would not affect the external look of a TARDIS at all), what would the Doctor's ship look like after centuries of travel, reconfiguration, damage recovery, and so forth?
well with the current configuration, it would look just like it is, no change, only you see once the doctor jettisoned 25% of the ship, the tardis can reconfigure the rooms, by drawing matter from the vortex or space and creating new sections and adding them to the ring of rooms around the center of the machine..it does this by using the arton energy from the Artron Mainframe..the veins of life of any Tardis..remember how in season 1, "dalek" when Rose touched the Dalek and it began to repair itself, pushing the dented sensor ball on it's side out and back into shape by itself.. that is sort of how the rooms are reconfigured and sometimes built..

the rooms are reconfigured through matter manipulation and can be moved by a complex gravity beam system which is used to shuffle rooms to different departments if needed.. due to the size of the tardis, it was necessary for the Time Lord researchers (cosmic Chronologists) to have access to certain experiment rooms without having to walk too far, being the ship was very massive, and was used for the purposes of categorizing entire star systems from their beginnings to the present day Gallifreyan time Line..

Here is the Type 40 Tardis as seen within it's own Dimension:

this design shows how the ship retained a certain victorian old world style to it's design and housed an inferior communications array. the massive shield generators, and gravity beam system was adorned with a giant seal of Rassilon, and was one of the few ships he personally had a hand in the conception of before he was imprisoned in the tower of the death zone..In those days his seal was planted almost everywhere, as was that of Omega, who was once hailed for his legacy..

If you were to apply the logic from "The Eleventh Doctor" et. al., the swimming pool has moved from wherever it was as part of the repair process. If you took your exterior design, ripped up all the pieces, and told the TARDIS to rebuild itself from them, what would this look like?
actually again, it would remain the same.. the ship's interior section may change, but it basically ends up being a long road of blocks and corridors of rooms and decks..rings of which go around and around and wind downward till they reach the central core, which within that central section resides the power-source of the Tardis, a block matrix recreation of the eye of harmony from Gallifrey..

when the Doctor's New Console room was constructed it was a new fresh room, which was then configured through matter transfer into the current console, using the brainwave pattern of the new doctor, the ship chose a design that it estimated fit the persona of the pilot best.. hence the look of the Tardis..they are psychically linked, and as such the Tardis takes on traits of the pilot in it's design..the older Tardis console rooms are still kept as part of the ship and are located in other various focal point spots (cradles) near the shield generators around the ship..

I'm having fun just looking at your work and speculating on the above scenarios. Have you put any thought into anything like this?

Mark

EDIT - And I just realized your newer thread covers part of this. Please ignore what isn't relevant - my bad!
Oh yes, I sure have much thought in the last 2 1/2 years of studying all the materials I could get my hands on, and try to compile that data, and style of the Time Lords into a machine I think would be the epitome of what a Tardis would look like in it's own dimension.. it has been a long road, but a road I would love to travel again.. Thanks for taking the time to check out my progression to this stage.. it has been nerve racking for me, but I finally know what the ship should be like, and I am confident that no new designs outside of what i have placed here are necessary to define the ships..

the basics are here.. massive rings which funnel the vortex through the gravity derived from the artificial eye of harmony, and the rooms which rotate in a clockwise direction around the center, which draw energy and act like a suction for particle flow.. theses rooms are jettisoned through the center of the ship into the tardis vortex pathway to produce additional thrust which is then used to force the ship out of problem areas, or speed the ship's travel through the vortex of time/space.. the shield generators, and gravity beam system holds the configuration in place and can be used to move sections of the ship to other areas if desired by the pilot

at the top of the ship's ring are rooms, of those rooms is a console room which locks into place below the shield generators, and is the focal point which is the gateway to the normal universe of space..each room set in a cradle has access to the outside world.. some are secondary, and others are the primary console control rooms.. if you look at the scale of the ship you can get an idea of how many decks, levels and rooms there are on this ship, much more then a Federation starship would have..

Here is the Type 80 Tardis as seen in it's own Dimension..

Now the Type 80 Tardis would be the last series of ships to be built in the standard size of most Tardis ships, with the exception of the Proto-Tardis Type Zero, and the Type 7 Rassilon's personal behemoth Tardis, most ships were about the same size, and over the eons of time became more advanced as Time Lord technology surpassed the previous models..

Design Fun Fact: if the Default mode of this Type 80 Tardis looks familiar it is because it was a mode shown in the back story of issue #4 of the old Marvel comics Doctor who comic-book.

it is important to note that not all Tardis Models were in use, some had only 1 ship built, and then a new model was done, some were only released in 5 ships.. most however were produced as a new line of ships after the first ones were assigned sectors of the Universe to chronicle through time..

At the most Tardis ships topped out at 305, depending on the mass production capability and potential of the design..this however was not the case during the time war, where a thousand war Tardises were in use at a time..

I hope your questions were answered Mark, and any other people reading this, if you have questions I can explain how this new design addresses certain things in the Tardis lore..

up next a SIDRAT!

Last edited by starsuperion; July 14 2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old July 14 2010, 04:48 AM   #18
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile

Starsuperion ... beautiful work again!

I hope you forgive me for doodling over your graphics, but it's easier to discuss things if I point out the sections I'm talking about.

I almost get the sense that the sections highlighted in gold below are intended to move:

As modules in the central core are added and jettisoned, do the upper and lower sections move up and down while the shield generators move in and out?

I think this design is starting to inspire a sense of grace and beauty again. My only complaint is that the areas highlighted below in green seem to be too straight along the edges:

I've added a simple circle around the structure to indicate a possible field of force around the ship. The actual shape of this field can be anything and is probably more complicated as you've indicated in other illustrations. But I'm using a simple circle for discussing a design suggestion only. What if the edges of the upper and lower sections curved to follow the proposed field of force rather than sloped directly between a larger and smaller diameter structure? I'm a big proponent of form following function, and the lines of force of a magnetic field (for example) are beautiful curves. Any structure that followed such lines of force (presumably for some super-science purposes) would also reflect that beauty and bring to mind a technology melded with nature.

Finally, I have one final image to throw out at you:

That cityscape is somewhat iconic. And I'm fascinated with the sphere surrounding the city. I wonder if the original intent was to make it reminiscent of a snow globe or Christmas ornament. It's just a wild idea intended as nothing more than brainstorming, and I'm in no way trying to tell you how to build your fleet, but what if TARDISes looked, in five dimensional space, like glittering Christmas ornaments with golden arches and crystalline spires?
Old July 14 2010, 08:45 AM   #19
starsuperion
Captain

I hope you forgive me for doodling over your graphics, but it's easier to discuss things if I point out the sections I'm talking about.

I almost get the sense that the sections highlighted in gold below are intended to move:
Yes, those sections move outward, as the interior reassembles and spins into a new directed configuration by the orbs above and below, which are gravitational beams..I am glad you like the designs thus far..

As modules in the central core are added and jettisoned, do the upper and lower sections move up and down while the shield generators move in and out?
yes, the top rings do expand upwards on the top and downwards if on the bottom,but they don't separate just stretch outward via a telescopic "neck" of sorts connected to the center.. I may need to do a core shot which shows the center of the Tardis sans the rooms.....the reason the shield Generators move outward is to allow enough space (shield space expands) as the interior section is reconfigured..

I think this design is starting to inspire a sense of grace and beauty again. My only complaint is that the areas highlighted below in green seem to be too straight along the edges:

I see what you mean, and yeah when I first did the design I had this idea of the funnel ring having a smaller one on top, but the ultimate goal of this design was to mimic the look of a tower of sorts from a castle, and the molecular modification machine seen in season 3 of Doctor who.. which was technology given to Lazarus by the Master, which in MHO resembles a Tardis console and yet is somehow familiar.. like I wanted my ultimate Tardis designs to feel like that..but then again, the Time Lords are regal, and somewhat kingly in their manner and style.. so that is why I focused on a symbol of kingliness, and style.. a tower. but then again the funnel shape fits the theoretical assumptions of how a ship would bend space and create it's own wormhole or time tunnel vortex..

here is a revised Tardis design with a better and more practical look..

practical as in it being larger on the top and the funnel gets smaller directing the warped space/time into a focused point near the center of the ship which forms the time vortex, and is fixated on a point in space/time.

I've added a simple circle around the structure to indicate a possible field of force around the ship. The actual shape of this field can be anything and is probably more complicated as you've indicated in other illustrations. But I'm using a simple circle for discussing a design suggestion only. What if the edges of the upper and lower sections curved to follow the proposed field of force rather than sloped directly between a larger and smaller diameter structure?
I did experiment with some aspects similar to what you suggest, however, the shielding that a Tardis maintains only encompasses the middle room sections, as the outer area funnel rings (Massive engines) are held in the dimension, while the interior is closer to the cloister core, and thus access to reality, and the turbulent Gravitational/temporal eddies that plague the cloister core section..

ultimately the forcefield only encompasses the rooms section..

But the dimensional forces and gravitational field that creates the time vortex looks something like this:
this design is a mock up I am working on for my ultimate Guide to the Tardis..it is unfinished, but ultimately shows how the theory of the Tardis is presented.. being that the Tardis houses an artificial singularity as it's core, it is centered around what most science explains as wormholes, or time vortexes..since the ship exists in it's own dimension, it is able to fixate a point in space/time and use it's massive engines to move the ship throughout the cosmos..the reason the engines are so massive is because not only does the Tardis move the front door about the universe, the entire dimension that the Tardis rests in is also moved with that front door.. they are one and the same.. (hence relative dimensions as the inside is relative to the outside, and vice verse) that is why the central section of rooms is only shielded, because it is the only part of the ship exposed to our reality, and the engines are stationary in the dimension..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space-Time
http://www.instablogsimages.com/imag...rived_7071.jpg

The 4th Dimensional Tesseract symbol shown in the diagram is making the point that the center of the box is the front door of the Tardis, as the rest of the structure around the box is the rest of the ship.. the focal point, or cradle in which the dimensionally linked console room is stored is the box shown around the shield generators of the silhouette shape in the center of the vortex.it is under the shield generators that the Tardis console room is stored, for greatest protection..any number of onsole rooms are left in a cradle section below those generators, and each can be accessed by the pilot..so not only does the doctor pilot his ship from that one cradled console room, he can move about the ship, and pilot older versions and alternate versions of the console room housed in that same cradled structure which is held separate from the rest of the core rooms,if need be the cradle can separate from the rest of the rooms section and those rooms can be jettisoned..the time lord engineers designed it that way to expell dangerous experiments, or forces in space that could effect the ship, or to provide thrust power if need be..

I'm a big proponent of form following function, and the lines of force of a magnetic field (for example) are beautiful curves. Any structure that followed such lines of force (presumably for some super-science purposes) would also reflect that beauty and bring to mind a technology melded with nature.
this is true, however you must consider that for practical reasons the Tardis would be mainly a funnel with a core, and the rooms with some scientific equipment added for data retrieval..and communication dishes, or advanced communication equipment.. the large curves would not look good on the Tardis.. It just would not need such things..though if you want to see a ship that has much more style, then wait till you see the Type 7, Rassilon's Huge Massive ship..the image above shows how the vortex flows through the ship and the ripples of energy and magnetic and gravitational forces that flow around the Tardis, in effect giving it a natural shielding from within it's own dimension, however, this does not protect it from damage from within, or it burning up, which is why it would last for such a long time, as the ship would burn up and not expand in it's own dimension, rather burst through to ours as pure flame... like we saw in the big bang episode..

again, the design elements of the ship with the aspect of it looking like castle tower of sorts, until you look at it form the top.. the shield sections on this design move outward, and are not hinged, they just slide outward like drawers..

Finally, I have one final image to throw out at you:

That cityscape is somewhat iconic. And I'm fascinated with the sphere surrounding the city. I wonder if the original intent was to make it reminiscent of a snow globe or Christmas ornament. It's just a wild idea intended as nothing more than brainstorming, and I'm in no way trying to tell you how to build your fleet, but what if TARDISes looked, in five dimensional space, like glittering Christmas ornaments with golden arches and crystalline spires?
that would be kinda cool.. but no, I think that the shield that protects the Citadel was a unique feature Rassilon preserved for the time lords base of operations only.. as to the nature of the Tardis designs and the look they now have evolved from.. let me give you the pinnacle of my research..

the only ship we ever saw that showed what time lord technology would look like as a spaceship the time station Zenobia!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9w2P4_-Ggo
..based on that design, I was able to try to do something that carried that ship design spirit on to the Tardis so the space station and the time lord Tardises had the same feel..

I think that you are making the same mistake I was initially and that was to interject too much style into a ship, which actually should not because it just wouldn't be practical or necessary..

honestly though I think that with your questions you raised, It helped me refine the look of these ships, and I thank you for that..
also in a way I took the ships engines and inverted them, so you could say that I took the doctor's advice and reversed the polarity..LOL

Last edited by starsuperion; July 14 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old July 15 2010, 08:03 AM   #20
starsuperion
Captain

forgive me for one more indulgence psion..

but, please, take a few moments and watch these clips from "Castrovalva"..
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q...t-3_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9r...t-4_shortfilms

and then
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnKXOGYKM8

it seems to me that the bulk of the Tardis should be rooms.. and levels and decks, and more rooms..maybe my earlier designs were too bulky, so what I have done is to increase the rooms, and the mass which consist mostly of rooms.. and only a light frame or exoskeleton exists around the structure to produce the rooms, maintain it's form, and direct the flow of space-time into the central core and form an access to a vortex..

anyhow, the "architectural configuration" system is like I stated before, whereby the raw matter is farmed from subspace and or the vortex, and turned into rooms for use by the tardis... these structures are all controlled by the gravity beam system within the shielded area in the center of the tardis..I am going to have to rethink the type 80 design as well..

anyhow, let me know what you think of this, which better fits the feel of what they try to convey in "Castrovalva"

there are spaces between the rings of the ship, in the Side view

By Jove, I think I got it!

Last edited by starsuperion; July 16 2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old July 16 2010, 03:06 AM   #21
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I love it. I'm curious about what a schematic for Torchwood's Hub would look like? But you're swamped as it is and I could be pushing my luck

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2010, 04:07 AM   #22
starsuperion
Captain

I love it. I'm curious about what a schematic for Torchwood's Hub would look like? But you're swamped as it is and I could be pushing my luck
Well I may touch on the torchwood place after I complete my masterpiece.. the Hartnell Type 40, Tardis Manual..

thanks for the compliment on the final worked out image above, and special thanks to psion for asking great questions and pushin g me to look into the design a bit more, and reach deeper..

the Coolest thing is that in the image above, the little round orbs beneath the ring and above the ring, on the bottom are on a track that moves about the Tardis in a circle and manipulates the rooms configurations and adjusts the Tardis according to the pilot's wishes..

the track lowers downward around the center of the Tardis room columns and a beam of energy is emitted and the rooms move and reconfigure themselves accordingly.. if you were to go inside the room column, you would see at the center is a massive structure, that is partly visible in the top/bottom view of the schematic.. that central core is the main engine section, and computer data core.. from there the Tardis rooms are able to be jettisoned directly into the vortex swirling about just above and below the core from the massive Tardis engines (the rings) which focus the event horizon of space time into a vortex through which the outer shell is teleported into and moved throughout the universe..

iF YOU THINK ABOUT IT THOUGH THE TARDIS IS ACTUALLY ON IT'S SIDE, AS THE ROOMS INSIDE THE FRAME STRUCTURE ARE RELATIVE TO A PLANETS EQUATORS..AND POLES, THIS IS BECAUSE THE TARDIS REVOLVES IN A CIRCULAR PATTERN LIKE THE EARTH, OR GALLIFREY.. AND SO ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE TARDIS IT IS UP, AND OR DOWN.. IT DOESN'T MATTER.. THE CONTROL CONSOLE ROOMS ARE ALL LOCATED UNDER THE BRIDGE ATTACHED TO THE FORCE FIELD GENERATORS..THEY ARE THEN CONNECTED TO THE ARTRON MAINFRAME A DIRECT LINE TO THE CENTRAL CORE.. WHICH IS BEHIND ALL THE ROOMS WE SEE IN THE IMAGE ABOVE..HOWEVER SHOULD THE TARDIS NOT BE COMPENSATED FOR LANDING SLANTED, THE SHIP CAN TILT ON IT'S AXIS AND THEN IT WILL SEEM TO BE SLANTED..UNTIL THE DIEMSNIONAL STABILIZERS CAN BE USED TO STRAIGHTEN THE SHIP OUT..

Last edited by starsuperion; July 16 2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old July 16 2010, 05:54 PM   #23
The_Architect
Ensign

View The_Architect's Twitter Profile

@starsuperion

I hope you do not mind I shared your threads here with the people at tardis builders as I am quite certain they will find them incredibly interesting.

here is a link to the thread in question

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1907.0
The_Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2010, 06:40 PM   #24
starsuperion
Captain

The_Architect wrote: View Post
@starsuperion

I hope you do not mind I shared your threads here with the people at tardis builders as I am quite certain they will find them incredibly interesting.

here is a link to the thread in question

http://tardisbuilders.com/index.php?topic=1907.0
no I do not mind at all, and by the way, I have something fantastic coming soon! My masterpiece of work! the definitive Tardis Manual!

it includes some schematics and designs based on countless doctor who episode research.. and descriptions in the books, comics, novels and soo much more! I can't wait to share it with you guys..coming soon!
Old July 16 2010, 11:10 PM   #25
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I'm looking forward to seeing the Tardis Manual.

Old July 17 2010, 04:52 AM   #26
starsuperion
Captain

I'm looking forward to seeing the Tardis Manual.
I shall try not to disappoint.. I will try to make it make sense, and not contradictory to itself, and at the same time not boring and too overly technical.. with losts of schematic art work.. think of the Classic Star fleet manual.. circa 1960's star trek..
Old July 27 2010, 06:43 PM   #27
starsuperion
Captain

[QUOTE=starsuperion;4241057][QUOTE=Psion;4240770]
I'm a big proponent of form following function, and the lines of force of a magnetic field (for example) are beautiful curves. Any structure that followed such lines of force (presumably for some super-science purposes) would also reflect that beauty and bring to mind a technology melded with nature.
Psion, Special thanks to you... I took some time off, and read up on some material concerning the Tardis..

what I found out is more amazing..
the design I finally have is the one..

and I have you to thank for the suggestion of the circular structures surrounding the ship..like the Time Lord citadel..
thanks man!

Okay, so here is how it is done..

a Tardis construction:

1st thing is to create the dimension in which the ship is to be constructed and grown..

the massive Tardis engines are built, and the central computer data core, and a massive artron energy mainframe..

a structural frame is then built, and then a main console room is constructed.. after that the massive dynamorphic generator rooms are grown, inside they house massive crystal power generators, which siphon particles from the time vortex and provide power for the Tardis.. there are ports on the massive engine that suck in particles and feed them to the crystal dynamorphic generators..There are dimensional stabilizers which hang down from the main room masses these control the tardis direction and maintain it's path while it travels..

once that is done, a block math transfer is done to recreate a singularity simulating the eye of harmony in the Tardis cloister room.. the main power source of the Tardis..

the Tardis is then grown in size to equal it's power output, and the ship is then ready for configuration... the interior is then mapped to the Pilot's mind, and is adjustable accordingly...via the architectural configuration system..

the outside of the tardis sports massive Roundels..(i may redo that to just have etched Time lord text, but for now, I kinda like the roundels as it ties the exterior of the ship to the interior we all know..) the top section houses the dematerialize and materialization generators, the communications and sensory array, and various other scientific equipment..
with this all finalized.. I give you the concept art for the Tardis!

I will of course do a fully lined version, and do the top, and bottom view, as well as a parts dissection, and basic frame section for view in the Tardis manual coming soon..

the Tardis is partly built, and constructed.. the rest is grown through particle assembly and the dimensions can be reconfigured, or modified with sufficient power think star trek replicators but on a massive scale, and so intricate that is has to be mapped out in full detail.. which takes tons of computer configurations..(but the main Tardis Structure has to be intact to maintain the ship's foundation, SO THAT PART IS BUILT THROUGH CONVENTIONAL MEANS BY TARDIS ENGINEERS..)

Here is the rough concept.. it is perfect! I hope you guys like it.. I sure do. the engines have that Victorian Ironworks feel to it like the source materials say.. this is Also to tie into the 8th doctor's use of the original Tardis console in the 1996 movie.. the base console is the one used by him and sports a Victorian ironwork style, as do the tardis rooms that are first constructed..until programmed into more complex rooms..

also, the default Tardis console room is the hartnell one, and the secondary room is the wooden one.. ANY WAYS, THE TARDIS MANUAL I AM WORKING ON WILL MAP WHERE THE OTHER TARDIS ROOMS ENDED UP..AND WILL PROVIDE A FRAME WORK FOR THE SHIP MINUS THE ROOMS.. FROM THE TOP VIEW THE SHIP LOOKS LIKE A MASS OF HEXAGONAL ROOMS, WITH SMALL CORRIDOR CONNECTIONS.. the mass of the ship is placed in comparison size to the galaxy class enterprise ships shown below it..I think that this size is more realistic to the Doctor's ship..it's scale is indeed massive! think of how many rooms, decks, and places were on the TNG enterprise.. then imagine that saucer section in relation to the Tardis shown above.. the doctor could reconfigure the Tardis over and over and over again, with all that still there in one ship because of the sheer mass of the thing..

scroll up and take another gander at the time lord citadel above, and then look back at the design of this new tardis.. see a cool resemblance? I do.. it has the flavor of that architecture.. which is what I always wanted.. since the Tardis is ancient as mentioned by River song, the ship should have an old victorian, hg wells style engine system..which I hope I managed to get in this design..

anyways, I can't wait to explore more of this design in the upcoming tArdis manual, I will upload here exclusive to Trekbbs, and my deviant art page only.. so hang in there guys till then, it is in the works..

Last edited by starsuperion; July 27 2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old July 28 2010, 11:58 PM   #28
starsuperion
Captain

Okay, so now that I have the design of the Type 40 Tardis finalized, FINALLY, I can now focus more on the other things I wanted to do, in addition to the Tardis Type 40 Manual I am creating.. something akin to the classic starfleet cadet manual, this manual I am working on takes a deep in depth look at the Tardis and incorporates most aspects we have seen, and even explains the look of the newer ship..something you guys might like..who knows.. I wanted the book to concentrate mostly on the classic tardis, like the hartnell, to pertwee, and then jumps into the subsequent versions through the 8th incarnation..
the 2nd half of the manual will center on the rebuilt Tardis, and the changes made to the ship which obviously happened in the time war..

that all aside, below you will see a preview for the Gallifreyan Wars with the Vampires, a Bowship!

The Heavy Class Bowship Preview:

Bowships were warcraft used by the Time Lords in their war against the Great Vampires. (PDA: The Infinity Doctors, EDA: Interference - Book Two)
The primary weapon of a bowship was a launcher firing a "mighty bolt of steel" which was capable of killing a Great Vampire if it pierced it through the heart. (They absorbed attacks from directed energy weapons and rapidly regenerated damage from minor projectiles.)
As most of the details of the Vampire War exist only as legendary fragments, little is known of the exact specifications of Bowship construction. (DW: State of Decay)
Bowships were later used in the Last Great Time War, although their effectiveness against Dalek technology would have been presumably limited at best.

This Bowship has a spire on the front bow of the ship, incase of last resort the bowship can attain ramming speed and use it's front spire to impale a Great Vampire and succeed in it's mission. These ships had quantum Torpedoes and Mega-Stazers which could inflict tremendous damage on a Great Vampire, until they could use their Steel bolts. The Ship's weapon acts like a Hyper Magnetic accelerator, and super charges the bolt, which then is magnetically shot out at tremendous speeds to impale it's target within seconds of deployment. this provides that the Great Vampire can not deflect such actions, as it happens too fast. The Ship also sports psychic inhibitors, which protect the crew from the damaging dark energy effects, and the ship is adorned with symbols of the great Gallifreyan Empire, and as the ship travels it is protected by Old High Gallifreyan Text, which glows a Golden energy.. the ships are in a reddish brass colour, and sport bright blue hyperdrive engines..the front of the ship has a seperate bridge which regulates the weaponry, while the back section is the bridge, and navigational control, a secondary weaponry/Bridge facility is located below the Main bridge in case of dire circumstances..

The Bowship pictured is a heavy Cruiser class, I have a smaller freighter class and a larger dreadnought class in the works as well.. There are also factory ships which could latch onto an asteroid which could be mined for steel, and the ship's could teleport that spire into it's loading bay to reload for battle..

however, Long range teleportation was limited..in many cases these heavily armed massive mining ships would follow a formation of Warships as supply support.. they had limited weapons but great and powerful shielding and super thick hulls.

the name of this particular ship is written in high Galifreyan on the top section just behind the main weapons control, and says "Vanquisher"

I hope you guys like....

The Final Schematic will follow, with a detailed mark-up explaining where everything is on the ship..
by the way, this is a "Doctor Who" Schematics thread, so I am not just focusing on the Tardis here, there will be plenty of other designs done, like the Bowships, I will mainly be concentrating on Gallifreyan Tech first.. then on to others...some we have seen, some we haven't seen..but for now, the Bowships, the citadel of the Timelords, and some other Time Lord stuff, like the Academy..I will also get on into the Time war, and yes, various tardises will make their way here as well.. And yes, the Solar Engineering ship that once belonged to Omega, including a detailed look at the Hand of Omega..
now picture the massive ship that Rassilon commanded, it was black with burnt red in some areas, and adorned with golden glowing High Gallifreyan text.. that ship will be the last one of the bowships done..

Last edited by starsuperion; July 29 2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old July 29 2010, 02:50 AM   #29
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I can't wait to see the Hand of Omega...and what was the power gauntlet that Rassilon wearing in "The End of Time"? The bowship looks fantastic even though I've never seen it before until now Will we see Dalek schematics? Or Cybermen?

Old July 29 2010, 04:13 AM   #30
starsuperion
Captain

I can't wait to see the Hand of Omega...and what was the power gauntlet that Rassilon wearing in "The End of Time"? The bowship looks fantastic even though I've never seen it before until now Will we see Dalek schematics? Or Cybermen?

thanks man, yeah rassilon's gauntlet, his crown, the staff, stazers, and daleks,cybers and more will all be done! the tardis manual will blow you guys away,trust me..