Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 6 2010, 11:27 AM   #16
Technobuilder
Commodore

Re: Babylon 5 Farscape-Style

I never liked the ship design from Phase II, but sure why not.

If I find the right quantum reality, I'm sure they'd of done it with a ship design I enjoyed.

And yeah, Crusade got screwed up and down before it ever was. Needed Time to become what B5 grew into.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 07:14 AM   #17
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

LOL!!!
Old July 7 2010, 07:14 AM   #18
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

Sheridan and Delenn would be going at it like rabbits every other episode.
Old July 7 2010, 07:54 AM   #19
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
- Early in Season 3, John Sheridan would be accidentally duplicated by the Great Machine on Epsilon 3. One of them stays on Babylon 5 and fights against President Clark (along with Ivanova, Garibaldi, Franklin), while the other flies around with the White Star (along with Delenn, Lennier, Marcus) and battles the Shadows. White Star Sheridan starts a relationship with Delenn until he is killed fighting the Shadows on Z'ha'dum (and doesn't come back from the dead).

- Michael Garibaldi would be a Star Trek fan instead of a Duffy Duck fan.

- Somewhere along the line, Bester would completely switch sides until he finally sacrifice his life in an heroic effort to defeat Clark and the Psi Corps.
You know what, I would love to watch that.

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
It would of been an interesting show.

Another thing to add to the list of shows & movies to bring back from my travels through a Quantum Mirror. (Best idea ever)

Along with all 7 seasons of Firefly
Doctor Who: featuring Paul McGann (4 series)
*sigh*

If only that could actually happen. But you left out the most obvious: Farscape's season 5 (instead of being truncated into a mini-series)!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 01:04 PM   #20
Technobuilder
Commodore

I thought about it, but didn't want to step on the toes of the people who enjoyed "Peacekeeper Wars"

I really miss the fact that we lost the eventual galactic conflict featuring the Nebari. (Thought the Comics continuation has started to mitigate that loss somewhat)
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Old July 7 2010, 01:08 PM   #21
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Oh, don't get me wrong, I loved The Peacekeeper Wars, but I can see how season 5 would have played out if we had gotten it.

Old July 7 2010, 10:08 PM   #22
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

I actually think PKW provided a better finale than they would have had if they'd run for the full five seasons. It seemed like they were wrapping things up at the end of season four, and having $20 million to blow on a whopping movie-like series finale worked quite well. Season five might have been a cool slow burn to the eventual war and such, but I don't mourn its loss much. Only thing which might have been cool to see, as another poster noted, would have been something along the Nebari lines.
Old July 7 2010, 10:24 PM   #23
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Trubinator wrote: View Post
I actually think PKW provided a better finale than they would have had if they'd run for the full five seasons. It seemed like they were wrapping things up at the end of season four, and having $20 million to blow on a whopping movie-like series finale worked quite well.
There are a lot of hinted-at and speculated plotlines they had to drop, though (one of the crazier ones is Granny being reincarnated Zhaan... or something).

The thing is, while season four had a couple of missteps; the final arc was still classic Farscape extravagance; expanding and complicating their space opera melodramatics with the internal workings of the Scarran empire; which, who knows, might have had more payoffs later.

I'd agree the whole wormhole macguffin had been beaten to death at this point; but I have confidence that maybe the Farscape writers had some pretty neat stuff lined up for the final two years.

I don't know if that included the Nebari, though I'd agree that'd be nice to see. The thing about the Nebari is, despite their implied importance with Chiana being a regular; they really only featured in two episodes of the show's entire run. Which is, for eample, less often then Durka appeared. Trying to stop their nefarious schemes probably could have been a pretty neat season ender, though.

But admittedly I'm not that sad as Farscape does seem pretty whole in its current form... though I still wanted to see Rygel reclaim his throne, damn it!
Old July 7 2010, 10:29 PM   #24
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

[QUOTE]

I'd agree the whole wormhole macguffin had been beaten to death at this point; but I have confidence that maybe the Farscape writers had some pretty neat stuff lined up for the final two years.
[QUOTE]

Agreed. That's why I think it ended on a high note, rather than going for a few more seasons and potentially overextending its welcome.

But admittedly I'm not that sad as Farscape does seem pretty whole in its current form... though I still wanted to see Rygel reclaim his throne, damn it!
Yeah, that would have been cool. Oh well.
Old July 7 2010, 10:42 PM   #25
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

For what it's worth, you do get to see that in the first comic mini-series.

Old July 7 2010, 11:46 PM   #26
Joe Washington
Fleet Captain

I too wished that Farscape had a Season 5 but I also believe that Peacekeeper Wars was a perfect finale to the show. After watching it, I felt completely satisfied. No, we didn't get to see the return of the Nebari or their plans to take over the galaxy. No, we didn't get to see Rygel's return to his homeworld and him reclaiming his throne. But we basically know that Rygel is on his way to doing that after the miniseries and honestly, after watching the finale, the Nebari threat didn't really seem that important. They could easily be put in the box of future adventures John and Aeryn will go on in the show's off-screen future that are better left up to the imagination.
Joe Washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 11:55 PM   #27
Technobuilder
Commodore

Both KRAD & David Mack are working on The Farscape Comics with Rockne S. O'Bannon & For BOOM Studios.

Based on what I've read so far, it's a great continuation for any fan of The TV series.

Check them out.
Old July 8 2010, 12:33 AM   #28
Harvey
Admiral

The comics I've read (the first three hardcovers that are set post-series) captured the voices of the characters and the feel of the series spot on. The likenesses weren't bad, either, though they weren't as close as the character voices.

I'm kind of curious about the two D'Argo hardcovers that I've seen. Since they aren't set post-series, and since I'm short on cash, I haven't picked them up. But if they're any good, I might give them a shot at some point. Anyone read them?

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8 2010, 02:04 AM   #29
RoJoHen
Awesome

My main regret from the PKW replacing Season 5 is the story of Noranti and Sikozu. Even if they still kept Sikozu a traitor in the end, it would have been nice to see the build-up to that. When it was revealed in the PKW, it just felt really off, because the last we saw Sikozu she was very much playing for the good guys.
Old July 8 2010, 02:27 AM   #30
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

Joe Washington wrote: View Post
I too wished that Farscape had a Season 5 but I also believe that Peacekeeper Wars was a perfect finale to the show.
They did skip a little bit of character development to move the plot along. At the end of season 4, no one really gave a crap about the conflict between the Peacekeepers and the Scarans. They were concerned with theri own well-being instead. Then in PKW you have everyone harping on about how they must have peace between the Peacekeepers and the Scarans and actually risk their necks in an insane attempt to achieve that goal, for absolutely no justifiable reason.

PKW's quick wrapup also produces an incredibly broken aesop. While they were going for "WMDs are terrible things and no one should have them" they got "WMDs are awesome and everyone should have them".

You can't have an an anti-universe-destroying-superweapon message when you clearly used a universe-destroying-superweapon to solve your problem. It just doesn't work.
hyzmarca is offline   Reply With Quote