Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old July 6 2010, 11:27 AM   #286
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Thingol wrote: View Post
Yes, they were an "exclusive" item for Star Trek Season 3 bluray owners I believe. Although pretty much everyone has them, because the unlock key made it's way around the internet. These days you can also buy them in the C-Store.
And I believe that their free at the C-store.
Old July 6 2010, 04:48 PM   #287
John Clark
Commodore

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post

And I believe that their free at the C-store.
For me, it came with the client software that was on a magazine cover. I just assumed it was one of the included uniforms. (Free either way)
Old July 6 2010, 05:44 PM   #288
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Yes, they were an "exclusive" item for Star Trek Season 3 bluray owners I believe. Although pretty much everyone has them, because the unlock key made it's way around the internet. These days you can also buy them in the C-Store.
Actually, they were hardly 'exclisive' as the code in the Blu-Ray box sets was not unique (ie EVERY box had that same code, so once it got onto the internet, anyone who wanted it could find it - Cryptic recently made it a 'free unlock' though).

But yes, you can currently make uniforms from any Star Trek era (except the 22nd century Enterprise) and even the Mirror Universe now as all the pre-order costume perks were added to the C-Store. Most ' other era' uniform sets are about $3.00 a pop (240 Cryptic Points per) and there's TNG, TOS, and DS9 (the DS9 ones include the TNG 'First Contact' movie uniforms as the show started using them in the 5th season).
Old July 6 2010, 06:42 PM   #289
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

Noname Given wrote: View Post
Actually, they were hardly 'exclisive' as the code in the Blu-Ray box sets was not unique (ie EVERY box had that same code, so once it got onto the internet, anyone who wanted it could find it - Cryptic recently made it a 'free unlock' though).
I know... that's what the quotation marks were for.
Old July 7 2010, 05:07 AM   #290
Angelsilhouette
Lieutenant

Archaeologist wrote: View Post

Completely off topic, I know, but wait a minute. In Star Trek Online, it's possible to outfit your crew members with Wrath of Khan era "Monster Maroon" uniforms? The red jacket type ones? I was afraid those wouldn't make it in the launch, but those are my favorite of any of the Star Trek canon uniforms. They appear to be the most formal, and militaristic of them all.

Woo! I got a picture quote. ^.^

Yup yup, I found the code online before they made the outfit free.

You can also have the flap open variant now, too. It looks nice, but still looks like the flap is just painted open to me.
Old July 28 2010, 07:12 PM   #291
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Well here are some of mine

What my Klingon character did today

Before

After (who knew to expose attack on a disruptor rifle could be so useful)

And some season 2 picks

Here is me fighting an Excelsior-class

And me taking a look at my warpcore

Old July 29 2010, 03:14 AM   #292
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

A picture of the new Observation Lounge, where the new First Contact Federation Diplomatic Corps. missions take place;
(as well as this 'story mission' above the Planet Bajor). And actually, the new FDC missions are a bit more then just
'click through and complete' as if you do not pay attention and do the 'proper research' you can fail these.
They are re-takeable, you just loose any progress made.

A veiw from the other side of the lounge...

A view looking out the porthole windows as I discuss a Cardassian matter with two Cardassian Captains.
(All images resized from 1680X1050 to 640X400 for posting here)
Old August 3 2010, 03:33 PM   #293
di_mar
Lieutenant

Wow. I am really glad I have decided to download the demo (it's taking ages to download on my computer lol). Does STO run okay on a laptop of 2Gb Ram and 120Gb of hardrive? I know, when I first bought it, I suppose it wasn't the best choice for gaming. But that wasn't my original intention. lol.
Old August 3 2010, 04:47 PM   #294
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

di_mar wrote: View Post
Wow. I am really glad I have decided to download the demo (it's taking ages to download on my computer lol). Does STO run okay on a laptop of 2Gb Ram and 120Gb of hardrive? I know, when I first bought it, I suppose it wasn't the best choice for gaming. But that wasn't my original intention. lol.
What are the specs (ie CPU type and speed; and the video chipset)? <----- These are what will determine if/how well STO will run for you on it.

Also, STO really uses our hardware, meaning your CPU and video chipset will run HOT; and laptops generally are not the best choice for games like this because they can overheat; so if you don't have a laptop cooling tray (and the game does run for you and you want to continue with it); you'll want to get one.
Old August 6 2010, 10:07 PM   #295
di_mar
Lieutenant

Yeah, I now realise that laptops are the WORST for gaming. I remember trying to run sims. My laptop virtually blew up. But, I have freed up some space on my C: drive. I have 117GB on it. I originally only had 10GB free. I have managed to uninstall ST:Legacy and have freed up 30G. Dunno whats hogging the rest, though.. :/

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
Processor: Amd Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core processor TK-57, ~1.9Ghz

Is that the info necessary?

Am looking into a cooling tray.. I am quite worried about my laptop at the moment. For about 6 months, when it's working hard, my fan makes a really loud and annoying noise. I've tried looking up what to do to get rid of it.. so far, no luck.
Old August 6 2010, 10:15 PM   #296
Kaziarl
Commodore

Might just depend on the laptop itself. Mine works fine for gaming. (STO, SC2, WOW)
Old August 6 2010, 10:29 PM   #297
di_mar
Lieutenant

Really? How much RAM does it have? Wouldn't mind a laptop like that..
Patch has nearly finished downloading... I hope Cryptic don't release too many patches within a few days.. my bandwith wouldn't be able to stand it, I don't think.
Old August 6 2010, 10:37 PM   #298
Kaziarl
Commodore

Processor: AMD Turion II Dual-Core
Ram: 6gm

It's not top of the line, but I think it was a pretty good deal for $600 (not sure what that is in pounds.)
Old August 7 2010, 12:05 AM   #299
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

di_mar wrote: View Post
Yeah, I now realise that laptops are the WORST for gaming. I remember trying to run sims. My laptop virtually blew up. But, I have freed up some space on my C: drive. I have 117GB on it. I originally only had 10GB free. I have managed to uninstall ST:Legacy and have freed up 30G. Dunno whats hogging the rest, though.. :/

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
Processor: Amd Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core processor TK-57, ~1.9Ghz

Is that the info necessary?

Am looking into a cooling tray.. I am quite worried about my laptop at the moment. For about 6 months, when it's working hard, my fan makes a really loud and annoying noise. I've tried looking up what to do to get rid of it.. so far, no luck.
I hate to say this, but, the minimun spec GPU for STO is a 7950GT. In comparing the specs of your 7000M GPU and the 7950GT series:

7000M specs here (link)

7950GT series specs here (link)

I honestly don't think your 7000M will display STO well enough for you to play it on that laptop.

I'd say try the demo and see how it runs for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even manage to come up; or if it does, it'll be a slideshow. Good luck.
Old August 7 2010, 12:11 AM   #300
Kaziarl
Commodore

How does his compare to mine?

AMD M880G, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

I know they are two different brands, but I'm honestly not sure how they compare to each other.