RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,715
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 771
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old June 25 2010, 02:14 PM   #1
GalaxyClass1701
Captain

View GalaxyClass1701's Twitter Profile
Sisko sleeping with mirror Dax.

Sisko always claimed that he was not attracted to Jadzia but he slept with the mirror Dax.

Do you think this proves he really was attracted to her?

IMO I think it does and I would have done the same thing. You get to sleep with Dax but have none of the awkward consequences.
GalaxyClass1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 03:07 PM   #2
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Re: Sisko sleeping with mirror Dax.

Yes.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 03:20 PM   #3
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

GalaxyClass1701 wrote: View Post
Sisko always claimed that he was not attracted to Jadzia but he slept with the mirror Dax.

Do you think this proves he really was attracted to her?

IMO I think it does and I would have done the same thing. You get to sleep with Dax but have none of the awkward consequences.
Well, what are you actually asking? Was Sisko attracted to Jadzia... or was Sisko attracted to Dax?

I thought he found Jadzia an attractive woman when he first met her, which made it weird for him at first since she was Dax and talked to him as if she was Curzon... But he quickly started thinking of her as DAX, his old friend/mentor (as seen in the nickname "Old Man"), and this completely erased any sexual feelings he might have had for this woman if she had not been Dax.

In the MU, since this version of Jadzia Dax was so different, maybe he didn't have such a problem.

On the other hand, if you think he was in fact attracted to DAX all this time... Well, that's an interesting new perspective on things.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25 2010, 03:40 PM   #4
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

It could very well have been that Mirror Dax found Mirror Sisko irresistable and was the one who wanted to sleep with him. Mirror Sisko wasn't going to turn down an attractive woman, and Sisko Prime couldn't say no either if he wanted to keep his cover in the Mirror Universe, IMO...

It was stated in the novelization of "Emissary" and later mentioned onscreen in "Fascination" that Jadzia was privately attracted to Sisko. The Dax symbiont, however, probably couldn't have cared less and may even have found the idea of Jadzia and Sisko quietly amusing...
Old July 4 2010, 08:04 PM   #5
DS9 Gal AZ
Captain

Remember that episode were Lwaxana Troi came and had some disease tha made people around her express their latent desires for each other? We saw Jadzia try to get with Sisko, but he didn't reciprocate, so it would seem to indicate that she was attracted to him, but not the other way around ... then again, I don't know if he was in close enough proximity to be affected by her.
DS9 Gal AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 09:13 PM   #6
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Was it really Mirror Dax? I thought Mirror Jadzia did not have the symbiote - so Sisko wouldn't be having sex with Dax either way (which probably would have been weird for him.)
The Dax symbiont, however, probably couldn't have cared less and may even have found the idea of Jadzia and Sisko quietly amusing...
Which reminds me, we never did get any real confirmation that symbiotes think as independent beings. Are they simply a collection of biological material that transfers memories from one Trill to another, without containing any separate identity or intelligence?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 09:28 PM   #7
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Was it really Mirror Dax? I thought Mirror Jadzia did not have the symbiote - so Sisko wouldn't be having sex with Dax either way (which probably would have been weird for him.)
I think Mirror Jadzia was adressed as "Dax" by our universe's Sisko and referred to as "Dax" by Mirror O'Brien and Mirror Jennifer.
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 09:51 PM   #8
Damask
Commander

Ensign_Redshirt wrote: View Post
I think Mirror Jadzia was adressed as "Dax" by our universe's Sisko and referred to as "Dax" by Mirror O'Brien and Mirror Jennifer.
Cant remember O'Brien or Jennifer calling her Dax. Haven't see those episodes in a while. I do recall that when Sisko called her Dax she gave him a weird look.
Damask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 10:23 PM   #9
Ensign_Redshirt
Commodore

^^^

From "Through the Looking Glass":

SISKO: Well, I'm glad to see the two of you are getting along.
DAX: We have a lot in common. He's all yours.
(Dax leaves.)
JENNIFER: Dax tells me you're leaving.
SISKO: I thought I'd pay the Romulans a visit. See if I can convince them to help us.
Ensign_Redshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 11:35 PM   #10
ares93
Commodore

Which reminds me, we never did get any real confirmation that symbiotes think as independent beings. Are they simply a collection of biological material that transfers memories from one Trill to another, without containing any separate identity or intelligence?
i've always considered the symbiont's sentient but you're right. it was never confirmed canon.
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 06:10 AM   #11
Luther Sloan
Captain

The way I understood it. The symbiotes were content to just swim around in pools of mud for decades with no problems. Not to say that they didn't have some intelligence like a dolphin or anything. But I think they were more primal or animal like than they were a separate sentient being that could think and act intelligently and independently (like a human) without it's current host and or previous hosts.
Luther Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5 2010, 04:55 PM   #12
Ensign Johnson
Lieutenant Commander

I think it was a shame they didn't do an awkward moment between Sisko and real Jadzia when he returned from the MU. I guess he probably wouldn't have mentioned it to her but he probably would have acted a little odd around her. He kissed Intendant Kira too, really got around in that episode.
Ensign Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 05:06 AM   #13
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

"Old Man.... there's something I need to tell you..."

*A few seconds later*

"YOU DID WHAT?! BENJAMIN!!!"
On a very special Deep Space Nine...
Peach Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7 2010, 10:43 AM   #14
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

ares93 wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote:
The Dax symbiont, however, probably couldn't have cared less and may even have found the idea of Jadzia and Sisko quietly amusing...
i've always considered the symbiont's sentient but you're right. it was never confirmed canon.
"Equilibrium" did show that symbionts can communicate with one another and presumably to some degree with unjoined Trills (one of the symbiont caretakers said that symbionts can be rather demanding and cranky if conditions aren't perfect in their holding pools).

If symbionts can't live outside of their natural environment on Trill, they may have been the ones to first suggest to a humanoid host that they would both benefit from physically joining together, for all we know...
Old July 8 2010, 08:34 AM   #15
jadzia_dax2369
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Location: Some were in the milky way...... oh crap the borg!!!
View jadzia_dax2369's Twitter Profile

hey fellow niners

well i can say that the symbionats think for themselves they have their own fears etc, They dont have symbionts in the other universe (read it in the other universe book deep passions) Jadzia isnt dax she is IDARIS.( lives of dax book and Worlds of deep space nine TRILL.)
jadzia_dax2369 is offline   Reply With Quote