Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 18 2010, 06:41 PM   #751
Itachi
Lieutenant Commander

Re: *~*~The Great J/C Thread~*~*

Galekarens wrote: View Post
Try the Pathfinder site, www.fictioning.net; it's for Voyager fan fic, but the stories are mostly J/C, and there are new stories fairly frequently. Cheers, GS.
hmm, interesting. I'll look around on it and see if there's anything I'd like. Thanks very much.
Old June 18 2010, 10:06 PM   #752
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Speaking of J/C.... I'm just looking for something new.
http://www.coffeenebula.com/cgi-bin/...gi?read=152021
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 12:22 AM   #753
kimc
Coffee Mod

Well here's a link to my latest addiction:

http://dawn47.jetc.org/tfioindex.html

It's an entire novel (39 chapters + epilogue) of post-Endgame J/C goodness. Some references to time travel which I'm willing to overlook because I'm really into this story.

Unfortunately, the writer is only posting one chapter a day even though the novel is finished (what a tease!) so only 22 of the 39 chapters are up so far. The good news I may get to sleep at a decent hour tonight...

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 12:38 AM   #754
froot
Fleet Captain

kimc wrote: View Post

It's an entire novel (39 chapters + epilogue) of post-Endgame J/C goodness. Some references to time travel which I'm willing to overlook because I'm really into this story.

Unfortunately, the writer is only posting one chapter a day even though the novel is finished (what a tease!) so only 22 of the 39 chapters are up so far. The good news I may get to sleep at a decent hour tonight...
I've been following this same epic tale on FF.net It's really well-done and fun, but the later chapters are getting a tad sappy/angsty! Still having fun powering through this fic, though!
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 01:20 AM   #755
Galekarens
Commander

froot wrote: View Post

I've been following this same epic tale on FF.net It's really well-done and fun, but the later chapters are getting a tad sappy/angsty! Still having fun powering through this fic, though!
It is good, but as noted, the middle chapters are (IMHO) um, anxious, but the good parts are worth it (& hopefully more to come). I do intend to read (almost) all of it. PS, the ff.net version is not as "hot," lol, so choose your version.
Galekarens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 04:41 AM   #756
froot
Fleet Captain

It is good, but as noted, the middle chapters are (IMHO) um, anxious, but the good parts are worth it (& hopefully more to come). I do intend to read (almost) all of it. PS, the ff.net version is not as "hot," lol, so choose your version.
Oh, I didn't realize the website version was, um, more... titillating!

Yeah, I don't do sappy!Janeway very well. She can be a sappy character at times, but usually if something goes poorly for her I see her more reacting with shades of anger/annoyance/depression rather than buckets o' tears. Or she cries when no one's around. That's my only complaint with the story, methinks.
Old June 19 2010, 05:31 AM   #757
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

My suggestion, "Star Trek Voyager: Counting in Time" is also a fairly long story with 56 chapters plus epilogue and photos of all major characters in the story at the end of the post.

It takes place 10 years after Voyager returns to Earth from the DQ and for those who "don't like to wait", it's posted in its entirety at http://www.coffeenebula.com/cgi-bin/...gi?read=152021 .

I like the one of the older (ours, not the 73 yearold from Endgame) Admiral Janeway.
Old June 19 2010, 10:57 PM   #758
Itachi
Lieutenant Commander

IMHO?
Old June 19 2010, 11:37 PM   #759
froot
Fleet Captain

In My Humble Opinion.

Similar to IMO - In My Opinion.
Old June 20 2010, 10:13 PM   #760
AuntKate
Commodore

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
My suggestion, "Star Trek Voyager: Counting in Time" is also a fairly long story with 56 chapters plus epilogue and photos of all major characters in the story at the end of the post.

It takes place 10 years after Voyager returns to Earth from the DQ and for those who "don't like to wait", it's posted in its entirety at http://www.coffeenebula.com/cgi-bin/...gi?read=152021 .

I like the one of the older (ours, not the 73 yearold from Endgame) Admiral Janeway.
Is this a J/C story?
Old June 21 2010, 02:34 AM   #761
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Oh my, is it ever. But like any story worth its salt... you have to wait to get to the good stuff.It also combines 3 pairings which we don't usually see on Voyager, and a prominent minority that has been ignored for too long in Star Trek.And for all you people who really don't like Endgame, I think you'll really like how this tries to fix all the things people claim they didn't like about the finale, while keeping the poetics of Voyager's (Worst Case scenario reference) characters intact.

Last edited by JanewayRulz!; June 21 2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old June 21 2010, 04:46 AM   #762
AuntKate
Commodore

Oh my, is it ever. But like any story worth its salt... you have to wait to get to the good stuff.It also combines 3 pairings which we don't usually see on Voyager, and a prominent minority that has been ignored for too long in Star Trek.And for all you people who really don't like Endgame, I think you'll really like how this tries to fix all the things people claim they didn't like about the finale, while keeping the poetics of Voyager's (Worst Case scenario reference) characters intact.
Thanks! I need another long J/C Endgame fixer upper!
Old June 21 2010, 12:11 PM   #763
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I'd like to say its my response to Pocket Books assasination of a great Admiral, but I had written the danged thing BEFORE I knew they'd killed her off the previous year.

Sheeze! There goes my dream of selling the thing to Simon & Schuster.
Old June 24 2010, 01:12 PM   #764
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

Thanks for the rec. I may have to check the story out sometime, perhaps even during this summer.

Now here's a fiddled J/C pic for all my J/Cers. Tee hee. It looks like Chakotay would rather fall asleep already than listen her going on and on...

Old June 24 2010, 11:34 PM   #765
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Actually, I thought it looked more like Janeway was asking,"I thought you said there were SOME barriers we never cross?"