Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old June 23 2010, 07:44 AM   #1
omegadir
Lieutenant

Voyager Marathon

So, about 4 years ago one of my friends found all seven seasons of Voyager at a nice price and watched the series from start to finish. He made a list of the particularly good episodes and we spent a full day pretty much just watching Voyager.

Biannually since then we've gathered a group of friends, some who have been trekkies for a while and some who have only watched a few episodes in the franchise, and thrown a 24 hour party which has gained the name of "Voyager". Right now we're in the planning stage of the ninth marathon, "Voyager 10" (We skipped number 4 because one of us had a bad dream about it ), and this could possibly be the last one because we all go off to college in a couple of months.

The main point is, I want this one to be memorable, and not one of the parties where we end up migrating downstairs and LAN-ing because we can't decide which episodes to watch. I also don't want to think of an episode a couple days later and say "Ahh, why didn't we watch that one!"

To help resolve this problem, I'd like to see if we can compile a list here of some of the episodes that would work well for this purpose. There should be some episodes that show some character development or move along the plot a bit, but also a handful of stand-alones that make the list because they are entertaining or just plain good. Some obscure episodes that don't receive much attention would also be interesting. But, overall the main goal should be to capture the essence of the series and its growth.

Let's get some of the big two-parters out of the way first.

Caretaker
Future's End
Scorpion
Year of Hell
Endgame

Any ideas?
omegadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2010, 02:04 PM   #2
kimc
Coffee Mod

Re: Voyager Marathon

Resistance
Death Wish
Meld
Bride of Chaotica

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2010, 03:12 PM   #3
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Faces. (Torres/Paris)

Elogium. (Janeway/Kes)

Manuevers.(Chakotay/Seska)

Resolutions.(Janeway Chakotay)

Blood Fever.(Torres/Paris)

Counterpoint. (Janeway/Kashyk)

Barge of the Dead.(Torres/Miral/Janeway)

Imperfection.(Janeway/Seven/B'Elanna)
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2010, 03:56 PM   #4
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Dreadnaught
Deadlock
Real Life
Distant Origin
The Gift
Revulsion
Macrocosm
Counterpoint
Raven
Dark Frontier
Latent Image
Unity
Riddles
One
Child's Play
Flesh & Blood
Author, Author
Critical Care
Old June 23 2010, 06:24 PM   #5
froot
Fleet Captain

My husband and I choose which VOY eps to watch by rolling dice. We like watching 'em in the evenings sometimes before bed.

(This method excludes Season 7, which may or may not be okay with you )

Anyway, we roll the dice once for the season.

We then roll it again for the disc.

Finally, we roll it a third time for the episode. If it lands on 5 or 6, we roll again.

That way it's a surprise! We allow ourselves to choose a different episode only if we both agree the chosen episode is poop.

EDIT: Oh! If all else fails, just put in "Macrocosm." When the episode ends, return to the DVD menu and start the episode again. Rinse and repeat.
froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23 2010, 09:15 PM   #6
Udat
Rear Admiral

This is terrible of me to say it but I have never been able to stay awake all the way through 11:59, so avoid that one at all costs.
Old June 23 2010, 09:53 PM   #7
omegadir
Lieutenant

froot wrote: View Post
My husband and I choose which VOY eps to watch by rolling dice. We like watching 'em in the evenings sometimes before bed.

(This method excludes Season 7, which may or may not be okay with you )
Ooh, that sounds fun. That will probably become our fail safe. I like some of the ones in season 7, though, so we'll just use random.org or something.
Old June 24 2010, 12:39 AM   #8
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

Timeless is my favorite VOY episode. I wouldn't show it to someone who didn't know the characters but if they already know them it's a great ride, very moving and intriguing. Watch it early on and save Bride of Chaotica for 3am.

If you watch Future's End you could follow it with Relativity. All the double eps in VOY are fantastic IMO.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 01:02 AM   #9
omegadir
Lieutenant

teacake wrote: View Post
Timeless is my favorite VOY episode. I wouldn't show it to someone who didn't know the characters but if they already know them it's a great ride, very moving and intriguing. Watch it early on and save Bride of Chaotica for 3am.
Yeah, Timeless is one of my favorites too. Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy and Message in a Bottle are also good ones to watch, they could go on the list for their humorous value. Bride of Chaotica will definitely be interesting to watch around 3 am. Maybe Waking Moments could follow that, when we really start to get tired.
Old June 24 2010, 01:18 AM   #10
exodus
Fleet Admiral

I think "Message in a Bottle" is the only thing I think I've ever enjoyed Andy Dick in.

I think my favorite scene is him trying to crawl into the Jefferies Tube backwards.
Old June 24 2010, 02:01 AM   #11
timelord1010
Captain

How about Relativity? I always liked seeing 7 of 9 in a starfleet uniform
timelord1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24 2010, 02:58 AM   #12
Chicago 103
Captain

The list below is the group of episodes I consider to be essential to get from Caretaker to Endgame. These are the episodes that feature a major change in the plot of the series, or a characters story. Most of them are pretty good to excellent episodes, producing a 12-15 hour marathon. Four episodes (three hours) can be skipped, as is explained below. I'm surprised to discover that, while season two had some great episodes, nothing of any lasting significance to the series or the characters happened.

Caretaker - Introduces the characters, and establishes the premise.

Parallax - B'Elanna becomes chief engineer, and the Maquis/Starfleet conflict is basically put to rest.

Future's End - The Doctor becomes mobile.

Scorpion - The introductions of Seven of Nine, and the Borg as the villains of the show.

The Gift - The departure of Kes.

Day of Honor - The beginning of the B'Elanna/ Tom relationship.

Message In A Bottle - Voyager's first contact with the Federation.

Dark Frontier** - This isn't really essential. It's an exciting two-parter, but it's only significance to the series finale is that it sets up the Janeway/Borg Queen conflict.

Pathfinder - Barclay is brought in as an important part of their attempt to get home. Also, the Federation makes contact with Voyager.

Collective & Child's Play** - Like "Dark Frontier" these episodes aren't essential. Unlike "Dark Frontier" I don't believe they are very good. But they introduce Icheb, and his engineered genetics, which to me helps explain how the Borg were defeated in "Endgame".

Drive - Tom and B'Elanna marry.

Lineage - Tom and B'Elanna find out their will become parents.

Homestead - Neelix leaves Voyager.

Endgame - The End

The episodes below represent the best of the rest. They're not important to the overall series plot, or any characters arc, but they make up a large chunk of my favorite episodes of Voyager. By themselves, these episodes represent an 18 hour marathon.

Phage
Prime Factors
Death Wish
Deadlock
Tuvix
Unity
Distant Origin
Worst Case Scenario
Year of Hell
The Omega Directive
Living Witness
Drone
Timeless
Someone to Watch Over Me
11:59
Relativity
Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy
The Voyager Conspiracy
Virtuoso
Good Shepherd
Live Fast and Prosper
Muse
Shattered
Old June 24 2010, 06:44 AM   #13
jjustin602

Snakes don't wear vests

Last edited by Hoser; June 29 2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spam
Old June 24 2010, 11:56 PM   #14
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

EDIT: Oh! If all else fails, just put in "Macrocosm." When the episode ends, return to the DVD menu and start the episode again. Rinse and repeat.
I have eps like that, and Macrocosm IS one of them!

I'll give you 2 guesses (J/C Forever!) which is also in my DVD's "rinse and repeat" cycle.
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2010, 11:13 AM   #15
stressballs
Cadet

Snakes dont recognize Sounds, they only follow directions as they dont have ears....
stressballs is offline   Reply With Quote