TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old June 18 2010, 08:44 PM   #31
Lonemagpie
Writer

Re: Massive New Trek Lit Update in Star Trek Magazine

JD wrote: View Post
Well, based on what we've been told here, it takes place after Destiny, and focuses on O'Brien, Nog, and (I think) Scotty, working to solve a technological mystery.
It takes place a couple of months after the last Typhon Pact book, and features Geordi, Scotty, Nog, Guinan, and some other familiar faces.

No O'Brien, though he is referenced in dialogue. If the magazine update mentions him in the cast then its a typo.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2010, 09:24 PM   #32
Christopher
Writer

As for DTI: Watching the Clock, it primarily takes place in the interval between Destiny and Typhon Pact.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 12:23 AM   #33
JD
Admiral

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Well, based on what we've been told here, it takes place after Destiny, and focuses on O'Brien, Nog, and (I think) Scotty, working to solve a technological mystery.
It takes place a couple of months after the last Typhon Pact book, and features Geordi, Scotty, Nog, Guinan, and some other familiar faces.

No O'Brien, though he is referenced in dialogue. If the magazine update mentions him in the cast then its a typo.
Nope, I just remembered wrong. I really need to start checking that stuff before I post.
Old June 19 2010, 12:27 AM   #34
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Thanks for the information, JD. I'm rather excited. I'm glad the Children of the Storm are getting a proper follow-up.
The schedule keeps looking better and better.
Old June 19 2010, 02:36 AM   #35
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor

Sounds interesting although too bad there's no O'Brien in it. But Guinan appearing more than makes up for it.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 03:00 AM   #36
JD
Admiral

I just realized that this will only be her second appearance since Generations.
Old June 19 2010, 03:16 AM   #37
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

I just realized that this will only be her second appearance since Generations.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 03:53 AM   #38
Christopher
Writer

Yeah... canonically, Guinan was at the wedding reception in NEM, and I guess that means she was also in A Time for War, A Time for Peace. And of course she had a sizeable role in Greater Than the Sum. And that's just if we're talking in-universe chronology. She's been in several works published after GEN came out, including Stargazer: Oblivion, The Buried Age, and a couple of stories in anthologies.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 04:00 AM   #39
Ktrek
Captain

^^ And I imagine the technological mystery is how to get Data back on line after they find him scattered in a million pieces?

Kevin
Old June 19 2010, 04:37 AM   #40
Stevil2001
Rear Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Yeah... canonically, Guinan was at the wedding reception in NEM, and I guess that means she was also in A Time for War, A Time for Peace. And of course she had a sizeable role in Greater Than the Sum. And that's just if we're talking in-universe chronology. She's been in several works published after GEN came out, including Stargazer: Oblivion, The Buried Age, and a couple of stories in anthologies.
Not to mention Planet X!
Old June 19 2010, 06:01 AM   #41
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

Ktrek wrote: View Post
^^ And I imagine the technological mystery is how to get Data back on line after they find him scattered in a million pieces?

Kevin
Well, actually, since he'd already transferred his katra, um, uploaded all of his memory files and behavioral subroutines to B-4, and some of that programming was already starting to assert itself at the end of Nemesis, it really wouldn't take all that much for Data's files to assume control over B-4's neural net and, voila, Data's back.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 06:56 AM   #42
JD
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about ATfW,ATfP and Nem. I meant chronologically.
Old June 19 2010, 11:12 AM   #43
Lonemagpie
Writer

Kevin
Nah, it's how to rebuild Janeway for less than six bars of gold-pressed latinum.

I did think about including O'Brien, but because DS9 hadn't caught up with the rest of the line yet, I figured it was safer not to, for fear of continuity screw-ups

Old June 19 2010, 12:32 PM   #44
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

Kevin
Nah, it's how to rebuild Janeway for less than six bars of gold-pressed latinum.
We have the technology. We can make her better than she was. Better. Stronger. More raspy-voiced. Kathryn Janeway is... The Six Latinum-Bar Woman.
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 12:48 PM   #45
Lonemagpie
Writer

William Leisner wrote: View Post

Kevin
We have the technology. We can make her better than she was. Better. Stronger. More raspy-voiced. Kathryn Janeway is... The Six Latinum-Bar Woman.
Get out of my head!