RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,142
Posts: 5,433,903
Members: 24,935
Currently online: 541
Newest member: Uhura's legs

TrekToday headlines

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > The Next Generation

The Next Generation All Good Things come to an end...but not here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 13 2010, 03:48 AM   #1
indolover
Fleet Captain
 
What happens to the TNG characters now?

For TOS, we know that Kirk died on the planet, by helping Picard defeat Soren. We know that, the last we saw anyhow, Spock was on Romulus. And we also know, again, the last we saw, that Scotty had retired to a colony, and that McCoy was still alive in the 24th century and was an Admiral.

But what of the TNG characters? If there are to be no more TNG movies or TV series, then shouldn't the characters get an official send-off? Or at least some kind of closure?

Should Picard be part of the Admiralty, or an Ambassador? Should Geordi eventually be a Starfleet Captain? The same too with Worf (or a high rank in the Klingon Empire)? Should Riker also be an Admiral? Deanna have a high role in Starfleet Medical, along with Beverly?

I really reckon that Paramount should consider some made for TV movies. It would at least present a chance to close off the characters.
indolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Yuckleberry Finn
Vice Admiral
 
Yuckleberry Finn's Avatar
 
Location: Finn
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

Why...really?

Picard: (lying at bottom of a ravine) "muttered"
Captain of the Enterprise G: "Ambassador Picard..."
Picard: *grinning* Jean-Luc. Please call me Jean-Luc
Captain of the Enterprise G: Is there anything I can do for you?
Picard: (struggles to sit up but gives up) Earl Grey....Hot....Oh My.
Yuckleberry Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Gkar
Lieutenant
 
Gkar's Avatar
 
Location: Sydney, Australia
View Gkar's Twitter Profile
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

indolover wrote: View Post
For TOS, we know that Kirk died on the planet, by helping Picard defeat Soren. We know that, the last we saw anyhow, Spock was on Romulus. And we also know, again, the last we saw, that Scotty had retired to a colony, and that McCoy was still alive in the 24th century and was an Admiral.

But what of the TNG characters? If there are to be no more TNG movies or TV series, then shouldn't the characters get an official send-off? Or at least some kind of closure?

Should Picard be part of the Admiralty, or an Ambassador? Should Geordi eventually be a Starfleet Captain? The same too with Worf (or a high rank in the Klingon Empire)? Should Riker also be an Admiral? Deanna have a high role in Starfleet Medical, along with Beverly?

I really reckon that Paramount should consider some made for TV movies. It would at least present a chance to close off the characters.
You need to download the "made for web" comic prequel to Star Trek. It explains the destruction of Romulus, Nero turning evil, Data returning, Picard moving onto becoming an ambassador and even Worf dying.
Gkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 08:04 AM   #4
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain
 
RyuRoots's Avatar
 
Location: Ul'Dah
View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

Read the TNG relaunch novels if you really want to know more about what happens to the crew after Nemesis.
__________________
Star Trek: 1987-Present
RyuRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 09:08 AM   #5
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

indolover wrote: View Post
... We know that, the last we saw anyhow, Spock was on Romulus.
Ya should really watch the '09 movie.

__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 09:48 AM   #6
I am not Spock
Commodore
 
Location: Australia
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

^Er, yeah.. the last time we saw Spock was when he got thrown back into an alternate 23rd century. Did the OP miss that memo?
__________________
It's a FAAAAKKKEEE!
Senator Vreenak- In the Pale Moonlight
I am not Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2010, 02:04 PM   #7
LaBarre
Commander
 
LaBarre's Avatar
 
Location: Earth
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

Picard = Captain, Enterprise E, married to Beverly CMO, with child on way
Riker = Captain, Titan, married to Troi Counsellor, with child born
Data = dead
Worf = Enterprise First Officer - kinda like Wolverine with better back story
Geordie = hoping, still hoping for love.
LaBarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2010, 11:24 PM   #8
darkshadow0001
Rear Admiral
 
darkshadow0001's Avatar
 
Location: Indiana
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

indolover wrote: View Post
I really reckon that Paramount should consider some made for TV movies. It would at least present a chance to close off the characters.
I dunno about that, because we are in an alternate timeline now, so it would be hard to go back to those days.
darkshadow0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2010, 05:12 PM   #9
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

darkshadow0001 wrote: View Post
indolover wrote: View Post
I really reckon that Paramount should consider some made for TV movies. It would at least present a chance to close off the characters.
I dunno about that, because we are in an alternate timeline now, so it would be hard to go back to those days.
No it wouldn't. That's the beauty of an alternate timeline.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2010, 10:50 PM   #10
RyuRoots
Fleet Captain
 
RyuRoots's Avatar
 
Location: Ul'Dah
View RyuRoots's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to RyuRoots
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

RandyS wrote: View Post
darkshadow0001 wrote: View Post
indolover wrote: View Post
I really reckon that Paramount should consider some made for TV movies. It would at least present a chance to close off the characters.
I dunno about that, because we are in an alternate timeline now, so it would be hard to go back to those days.
No it wouldn't. That's the beauty of an alternate timeline.
I think what he means is that that's where public interest largely is at the moment.
__________________
Star Trek: 1987-Present
RyuRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17 2010, 11:14 PM   #11
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral
 
Location: UK
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

From the end of Nemesis point of view

Captain Picard: Still Captain of The Enterprise E, likely assigned in a diplomatic capacity in relation to Romulus

Riker: Captain of the Titan, on his first mission

Data: Ambigious, its possible Data's neutral net does indeed overwrite B4's and thus Data could be back, perhaps as the Enterprise E's first officer (as he was said to be Riker's successor at the beginning of NEM by Picard)

La forge: Still Chief Engineer on Enterprise E, its possible that he might have been promoted to full commander

Worf: Likely standing in as Enterprise E's tactical officer, until he's reassigned

Troi: Married to Riker, Counseller on Titan

Dr Crusher: Either still the CMO of Enterprise E or perhaps she left to take up a post in Starfleet Medical once again

Wesley Crusher: LT JG on the Titan as an engineering officer if we take NEM's deleted scene as canon (which is likely, why leave it out?)

Dr Pulaski: Probably still at Starfleet Medical, or maybe living with Kyle Riker!?! :P

Guinan: Probabl still tending the bar on the Enteprise E

Nurse Ogawa: Probably still on the Enterprise E

Reg Barclay: Probably still working on the Pathfinder Project


I think that covers just about everyone prominantly featured
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2010, 08:18 AM   #12
od0_ital
Admiral
 
od0_ital's Avatar
 
Location: Nacogdoches, Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

madmatthias wrote: View Post
Guinan: Probabl still tending the bar on the Enteprise E
Unless she was in the E-E equivalent of Ten Forward when Picard ordered the rammin' of th Scimitar...

__________________
od0's bucket od0's facebook
od0_ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2010, 07:13 PM   #13
RandyS
Vice Admiral
 
RandyS's Avatar
 
Location: Randyland
View RandyS's Twitter Profile
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

od0_ital wrote: View Post
madmatthias wrote: View Post
Guinan: Probabl still tending the bar on the Enteprise E
Unless she was in the E-E equivalent of Ten Forward when Picard ordered the rammin' of th Scimitar...

She survived. On the E, they call that lounge "The Happy Bottom Riding Club". I see this as meaning they moved the lounge to the bottom of the ship.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18 2010, 07:16 PM   #14
Screamy
LORD SHIT SUPREME
 
Screamy's Avatar
 
Location: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
View Screamy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Screamy
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

madmatthias wrote: View Post
Worf: Likely standing in as Enterprise E's tactical officer, until he's reassigned
Not like it's stopped him before.
__________________
ENOUGH OF THIS TURGID BASH WANKERY!
Screamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19 2010, 08:02 AM   #15
Jar Jar Binks
Admiral
 
Jar Jar Binks's Avatar
 
Location: Skywalker
Re: What happens to the TNG characters now?

Picard gets sucked through a black hole and helps nuKirk defeat nuKhan, but ends up getting crushed to death by a collapsing walkway.
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
future

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.