Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Danica McKellar
Thumbs Up 96 76.80%
Thumbs Down 17 13.60%
Thumbs Sideways 12 9.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 12 2010, 06:21 PM   #46
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Danica McKellar: Genre babe of the week #20 (June 2010)

Othello wrote: View Post
Many people prefer the girl next door look over the model look. There are many types of beauty.. exotic, cute, girl next door, classic beauty.. etc.. etc..
Exactly. Most models look too fake.
Old June 12 2010, 11:18 PM   #47
Daneel
Rear Admiral

Well, she's cute... and if I had been born a few years earlier (i.e. to have watched The Wonder Years first-run), I think there's a good chance I would've had a bit of a crush on Winnie Cooper.

But there's something a tad off-putting about her face. I agree with Jono: I think it's her chin (or her jaw structure in general). It doesn't make her ugly by any means, but it's a little distracting.

Thumbs sideways.
Daneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 01:20 AM   #48
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Anone voting Thumbs Down, seriously? Watch the Maxim video of her and tell me you'd be disapointed to find that in your bed.
Old June 13 2010, 01:31 AM   #49
J. Allen
Dancing on Rainbows

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Anone voting Thumbs Down, seriously? Watch the Maxim video of her and tell me you'd be disapointed to find that in your bed.
Actually, I would. She's married.
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured." - Mark Twain
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 01:38 AM   #50
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Sarek of Vulcan wrote: View Post
Let's say her husband and her have an "open" marriage or, for the sake of argument, she's not married in this situation.

I still struggle, sometimes, in these polls because -I guess- I've no concept of what a "thumbs down" is? I mean a thumbs down or a thumbs-sideways because she's got an odd chin?

In the history of these threads I've only given three thumbs down and all due to reasons other than looks. Kristen Kurek -because I hate her character on Smallville, Michele Rodriguez -because I don't like her on-screen "tough bitch" personality- and Katherine Heigl mostly because I find her vastly over-rated by the media and public alike. The last one I fully admit was me being a bit spiteful.

I guess my guaging on these threads has always been off as I vote on attractivness and, personalites onscreen and off and popularity aside, that pretty much always results in an up or sideways. And, yes, I know the sideways votes are -stupidly- counted as downs which pretty much makes them pointless.
Old June 13 2010, 03:36 AM   #51
Othello
Commodore

Sarek of Vulcan wrote: View Post
Let's say her husband and her have an "open" marriage or, for the sake of argument, she's not married in this situation.

I still struggle, sometimes, in these polls because -I guess- I've no concept of what a "thumbs down" is? I mean a thumbs down or a thumbs-sideways because she's got an odd chin?

In the history of these threads I've only given three thumbs down and all due to reasons other than looks. Kristen Kurek -because I hate her character on Smallville, Michele Rodriguez -because I don't like her on-screen "tough bitch" personality- and Katherine Heigl mostly because I find her vastly over-rated by the media and public alike. The last one I fully admit was me being a bit spiteful.

I guess my guaging on these threads has always been off as I vote on attractivness and, personalites onscreen and off and popularity aside, that pretty much always results in an up or sideways. And, yes, I know the sideways votes are -stupidly- counted as downs which pretty much makes them pointless.

Nah.. not pointless.. it's like saying you think she's decent looking but not quite that special look. Thumbs down is you think they aren't pretty at all or don't like their personality at all. Say.. a Katehrine Heigel who I don't like as a person, as I find her to be an ungrateful and classless person. Add in that I think se is WAY overrated in the looks department and you have an easy thumbs down but a thumbs sideways is simply a woman who is attractive but just not my type or whatever. I like the sideways cause it allows me to seperate the votes in a manner more fitting to how I fell about them.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 03:45 AM   #52
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

UP for sure. Winnie has grown up well!
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 03:57 AM   #53
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I don't remember the end of The Wonder Years very well. I think I remember Future Kevin saying he and Winnie "sealed the deal" in the episode's end, but in the epilogue he tells us what all happened in the lives of his family fromt he point the series ended until the point where he's narrating it to us. So did Kevin and Winnie end up getting married?

And will this damn series ever come to DVD?!
Old June 13 2010, 04:10 AM   #54
Aragorn
Admiral

^ The only way Wonder Years can come to DVD is if they replace all the music. I had no idea Cold Case has never been on DVD -- seven seasons, CBS crime drama, from Bruckheimer -- because it uses a lot of music to cue the timeframe. Music rights for broadcast are different than music rights for resale.
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 04:48 AM   #55
scnj
Captain

I haven't seen her in anything, but I damn sure want to.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 05:01 AM   #56
AJBryant
Fleet Captain

I was crushed when she got killed in NCIS.

BIG thumbs up, and a big BIG thumbs up to lucky dog mverta.
Abba Anthony [St. Anthony the Great] said, "A time is coming when men will go mad, and when they see someone who is not mad, they will attack him, saying, 'You are mad; you are not like us.' " -- Wisdom of the Desert Fathers
AJBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 05:17 AM   #57
Aragorn
Admiral

AJBryant wrote: View Post
This is actually going to be the theme from now on -- TrekBBS wives of the week. Next week will be Agent Richard07's wife Carey Lowell, and the week after his ex-wife Cindy Crawford.

Oh, wait, did I just reveal who he really is to everyone?
Aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 09:39 AM   #58
Josieanne
Ensign

Location: Introducing 10 year olds to geekdom in a classroom near you.

Winnie and Kevin did not end up together. Near the end of the episode (in a voice over I think) it says that he and his wife had gone to the airport to pick up Winnie who had been living in France (studying art????). As to whether they 'sealed the deal' it was never exactly said, I think the viewers were supposed to decide if it was something that they had wanted to happen.

I am a geek... I remember this from the original showing.
Josieanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 03:32 PM   #59
Othello
Commodore

Aragorn wrote: View Post
AJBryant wrote: View Post
This is actually going to be the theme from now on -- TrekBBS wives of the week. Next week will be Agent Richard07's wife Carey Lowell, and the week after his ex-wife Cindy Crawford.

Oh, wait, did I just reveal who he really is to everyone?

Ok.. wait a minute.. you're trying to tell me AgentRichard007 is Richard Gere?? Ok.. I find that REALLY hard to believe. LOL Would be rather cool but hard to believe. Gere is a GREAT actor but given his choices in roles I'd be surprised to see him as a big fan of sci fo. The Mothman Prophecies is the closest thing I can think of that aligns to the interests of this board.

My favorite Gere movie is Primal Fear. That movie was awesome. Great performances form both him and Edward Norton that went under appreciated.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2010, 04:23 PM   #60
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
^ The only way Wonder Years can come to DVD is if they replace all the music. I had no idea Cold Case has never been on DVD -- seven seasons, CBS crime drama, from Bruckheimer -- because it uses a lot of music to cue the timeframe. Music rights for broadcast are different than music rights for resale.
Yet again the reasons I hate the music industry. If greed exists as a corporate problem the music industry has it in spades over oil, banks and everyone else. Their lawyers have managed to fool the system that their product above others is deemed payable every single time. What a crock.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote