Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old June 4 2010, 06:46 PM   #16
Scott Pearson
Writer

Re: New TP: Seize the Fire description

Defcon wrote: View Post
Didn't we knew that text about Shattered Lights already and already guessed that it was just a promo text for the first two Myriad Universes books, hence the six new realities?
Yep, that's the deal. Unfortunately, anything posted on the intertubes breeds like tribbles, so apparently we will never be rid of this confusing six realities reference.

I can tell you my novella, Honor in the Night, begins with an alternate outcome to "The Trouble with Tribbles" and then follows the ramifications to Klingon-Federation relations over the next hundred years, with appearances by various TOS, TNG, and DS9 characters. It also answers the question, "Why were Nilz Baris's dying words 'Arne Darvin'?"
Old June 4 2010, 07:02 PM   #17
MichaelS
Fleet Captain

Scott Pearson wrote: View Post
It also answers the question, "Why were Nilz Baris's dying words 'Arne Darvin'?"
He named his sled after a Klingon spy?
Old June 4 2010, 08:05 PM   #18
JD
Admiral

Didn't we knew that text about Shattered Lights already and already guessed that it was just a promo text for the first two Myriad Universes books, hence the six new realities?
Yep, that's the deal. Unfortunately, anything posted on the intertubes breeds like tribbles, so apparently we will never be rid of this confusing six realities reference.

I can tell you my novella, Honor in the Night, begins with an alternate outcome to "The Trouble with Tribbles" and then follows the ramifications to Klingon-Federation relations over the next hundred years, with appearances by various TOS, TNG, and DS9 characters. It also answers the question, "Why were Nilz Baris's dying words 'Arne Darvin'?"
I sincerely apologize, I completely forgot that we saw that description already.
Old June 4 2010, 08:21 PM   #19
MNM
Captain

So when's this book actually out? UK Amazon keeps emailing me about each of my orders of the Typhon Pact books, telling me the release date has changed again. they've fluxed between october and february for each book just about.
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 09:15 PM   #20
Scott Pearson
Writer

MichaelS wrote: View Post
It also answers the question, "Why were Nilz Baris's dying words 'Arne Darvin'?"
He named his sled after a Klingon spy?
That would be telling . . .

JD wrote: View Post
I sincerely apologize, I completely forgot that we saw that description already.
No problem at all. Although it's too bad the outdated synopsis is cropping up all over the place, spreading like a fungus, I'm happy to explain the situation because it shows people are interested in the book!
Old June 4 2010, 11:12 PM   #21
21Spike65
Lieutenant Commander

JD wrote: View Post
Blind Man's Bluff
Following the dramatic events seen in the previous novels, After the Fall, Missing in Action, and Treason, Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the U.S.S. Excalibur now face an uncertain future, as their lives and the very fate of Sector 221-G are thrown into utter chaos. With a storyline concurrent with The Next Generation, and picking up at a point where there have been significant changes, new and old readers alike will be captivated by this series.
I'm wondering if the concurrent with TNG thing will mean that they've jumped into the post-Destiny time-frame.
The concurrent with TNG part doesn't really give me that impression so much--they've been saying stuff like that since book 1 to try to get people interested in the series. (From the universe of Star Trek: The Next Generation...)

However, the "picking up at a point where there have been significant changes" certainly sounds like it could be a reference to Destiny...either that, or there have been significant changes to New Frontier since the last book? **shrugs** Well, at least we'll be captivated...
Next Up: Missing in Action
21Spike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2010, 12:56 AM   #22
JD
Admiral

Well, there were some pretty dramatic events in Treason. But, that's not to say that I don't think this one is Post-Destiny, because I do.
Old June 5 2010, 01:23 AM   #23
Hamilton
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via Yahoo to Hamilton

It definitely sounds post-Destiny, which is kind of sad, considering how Treason ended.
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote