Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old June 2 2010, 09:44 PM   #1
JD
Admiral

New TP: Seize the Fire description

I don't know if this is the final description or not, but I did find a new one for Seize the Fire in S&S digital catalog.
Shortly after making the stunning revelation that it has joined with Federation’s newest adversary—a coalition of galactic powers known as the Typhon Pact—the Gorn Hegemony suffers an ecological disaster. Fortunately, the Gorn had already been investigating traces of an ancient but powerful “quick terraforming” technology left behind by a long-vanished race — a dead civilization that may be responsible for habitability of many of the worlds on the Gorn frontier and beyond. When the U.S.S. Titan begins pursuing this potent technology as well, in the hopes of using it to heal the many grievous wounds sustained by the Federation, it is unclear how dangerous such planet-altering technology can be, even when used with the best of intentions….
Old June 2 2010, 10:24 PM   #2
CaptainDonovin
Fleet Captain

View CaptainDonovin's Twitter Profile
Re: New TP: Seize the Fire description

Sounds like fun, as Kirk once said. Man I am excited about this mini-series if you want to call it that.
Old June 3 2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

CaptainDonovin wrote: View Post
Sounds like fun, as Kirk once said. Man I am excited about this mini-series if you want to call it that.
Completely agree.

I can barely wait for October and Zero Sum Game.

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Dancing Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2010, 04:28 AM   #4
JD
Admiral

Same here, which is why I've been checking S&S a couple times a weak for updates.
Old June 3 2010, 05:58 AM   #5
Dancing Doctor
Admiral

Location: At the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound
View Dancing Doctor's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dancing Doctor

The one I'm most looking forward to, simply because I've been waiting for a resolution since Andor: Paradigm, is Paths of Disharmony, although the series as a whole is something I've been waiting to read since it was announced.

Loyal member of the Militant Janeway True Path Devotees
Dancing Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2010, 02:29 PM   #6
BrotherBenny
Rear Admiral

View BrotherBenny's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BrotherBenny Send a message via Yahoo to BrotherBenny

Sounds like some ancient race managed to get their own Genesis Device to work.

My blog / My crime stories
BrotherBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2010, 09:26 PM   #7
JD
Admiral

I just checked the Gallery catalog, and they do have descriptions for Blind Man's Bluff, and Shattered Light, but neither say much about the books, so I don't know if I should bother posting them.
Old June 3 2010, 11:26 PM   #8
Reanok
Commodore

JD I'd like to see a synopsis for Blind Man's Bluff and Shattered Light please. i've been wanting to get some info for that book for a long time.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3 2010, 11:52 PM   #9
Hamilton
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via Yahoo to Hamilton

Sounds like it's going to be another wonderful Titan adventure. Can't wait!
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 01:01 AM   #10
Cadet49
Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like fun!

Last edited by Cadet49; June 4 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Cadet49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 01:01 AM   #11
Cadet49
Lieutenant Commander

would be interesting if they actually connect it some wat to events in the Genesis wave storylines!
Cadet49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 01:13 AM   #12
ICW
Lieutenant Commander

Really interested in this!
ICW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4 2010, 04:26 AM   #13
JD
Admiral

Blind Man's Bluff
Following the dramatic events seen in the previous novels, After the Fall, Missing in Action, and Treason, Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the U.S.S. Excalibur now face an uncertain future, as their lives and the very fate of Sector 221-G are thrown into utter chaos. With a storyline concurrent with The Next Generation, and picking up at a point where there have been significant changes, new and old readers alike will be captivated by this series.
I'm wondering if the concurrent with TNG thing will mean that they've jumped into the post-Destiny time-frame.
Shattered Light doesn't say anything specific about the stories, but here goes anyways and says there are six story's while there are actually only three:
What began as the exploration of one Star Trek parallel universe explodes with the introduction of six new alternate realities.
Set across history, touching upon every series, and written by a variety of Star Trek authors, each story in Myriad Universes: Shattered Light presents a unique alternate vision of the Star Trek universe, taking pivotal moments from its history and extrapolating the shocking changes that follow those deviations.
In these divergent realms, known history is bent, like white light through a prism—broken into a boundless spectrum of what-might-have-beens. But in those myriad universes, what might have been…is actually what happened.
Old June 4 2010, 07:20 AM   #14
RonG
Captain

View RonG's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to RonG

JD wrote: View Post
Blind Man's Bluff
Following the dramatic events seen in the previous novels, After the Fall, Missing in Action, and Treason, Captain Mackenzie Calhoun and the crew of the U.S.S. Excalibur now face an uncertain future, as their lives and the very fate of Sector 221-G are thrown into utter chaos. With a storyline concurrent with The Next Generation, and picking up at a point where there have been significant changes, new and old readers alike will be captivated by this series.
I'm wondering if the concurrent with TNG thing will mean that they've jumped into the post-Destiny time-frame.
I'm guessing that NF will indeed jump into the post-Destiny timeframe (skipping over the events of Destiny itself, where the Excalibur was mentioned), and feature or relate to the Typhon Pact...
Old June 4 2010, 08:30 AM   #15
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile

Didn't we knew that text about Shattered Lights already and already guessed that it was just a promo text for the first two Myriad Universes books, hence the six new realities?

Last edited by Defcon; June 4 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Defcon is offline   Reply With Quote