New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 2 2010, 03:03 PM   #76
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Re: Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Kestra wrote: View Post
I don't know what "The Miz" is. As far as it being picked up, that's cool. I don't really follow this sort of news that much.
It's one of those references that you'll either get or you won't.
Indeed.

And if you don't, you can just ease on down the road!

Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 03:16 PM   #77
Squiggy
Rampant Sexist

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy

Honestly, musicals? I just can't.What if this was real life and I was just walking down the street on Rodeo Drive and all of a sudden I just burst into song about how much I love shoes? [...] It would get hits on YouTube.
Because if you want to be relatable, pick one of the most exclusive streets in the world and slap it into a sentence to show how unbelievable something else is. I mean, you wouldn't do that on Avenue D'Ostende in Monte Carlo, and I would know as I frequent that place.
Old June 2 2010, 03:34 PM   #78
Mike Farley
Commodore

I assume that in between shopping trips for expensive shoes, Miss Cyrus sits at home reading biographies and history books. After all, most if not all fiction is filled with things that wouldn't happen in the real world. I also further assume that HANNAH MONTANA is an exact representation of the real world.
Mike Farley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 04:47 PM   #79
darthraidr
Commodore

i dont get how disliking something makes you a hater... i dislike Glee (i watched the first episode and tried to watch the Madonna episode) not my thing. i dont hate it (and i do like musicals).
darthraidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 05:01 PM   #80
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

propita wrote: View Post
I have never understood why people get so .... amused/aroused/riled ... by that. Geez! It just reflects how women are built and is not always avoidable.

Can someone explain the big deal about it?
Well, the aroused part is easy to explain since how women are built is arousing to those who are attracted to women. It's inherent in the concept of arousal really. Whether a particular camel toe is arousing I suppose depends on individual taste.
Old June 2 2010, 07:59 PM   #81
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Mike Farley wrote: View Post
I assume that in between shopping trips for expensive shoes, Miss Cyrus sits at home reading biographies and history books. After all, most if not all fiction is filled with things that wouldn't happen in the real world. I also further assume that HANNAH MONTANA is an exact representation of the real world.
I'm sure she'll have changed her tune in a few years when she's playing Rizzo in an off Broadway revival of "Grease".
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 08:38 PM   #82
Mike Farley
Commodore

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Mike Farley wrote: View Post
I'm sure she'll have changed her tune in a few years when she's playing Rizzo in an off Broadway revival of "Grease".
"Look at me, I''m Miley Cee, lousy with virginity..."
Mike Farley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 09:09 PM   #83
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

propita wrote: View Post
Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Camel toe!
Looks more like the whole foot!

I have never understood why people get so .... amused/aroused/riled ... by that. Geez! It just reflects how women are built and is not always avoidable.

Can someone explain the big deal about it?
It's a lady part, it looks nice.
Old June 2 2010, 09:23 PM   #84
scnj
Captain

Ah, hell with it. I really don't like Glee. I tried watching a couple of episodes and it wasn't my thing. I despised the musical style of their covers of songs I like, I didn't find any of the characters relatable in the slightest due to their painfully written and delivered 'hip' dialogue, and not even the ever wonderful Jane Lynch was enough to keep me watching.

And yes, I'm pissed that it's been renewed for not only a second but also a third season when many shows that I enjoy get shafted. Honestly, if you're a fan, good for you, I hope you enjoy it, but jealousy is rearing its ugly head.

PS, I still want more Firefly.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 09:30 PM   #85
Trekker4747
Trekker4747

scnj wrote: View Post
Ah, hell with it. I really don't like Glee. I tried watching a couple of episodes and it wasn't my thing. I despised the musical style of their covers of songs I like, I didn't find any of the characters relatable in the slightest due to their painfully written and delivered 'hip' dialogue, and not even the ever wonderful Jane Lynch was enough to keep me watching.

And yes, I'm pissed that it's been renewed for not only a second but also a third season when many shows that I enjoy get shafted. Honestly, if you're a fan, good for you, I hope you enjoy it, but jealousy is rearing its ugly head.

As the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want."
Old June 2 2010, 10:49 PM   #86
scnj
Captain

No. But I hoped for at least one space opera this pilot season as opposed to all the cop and medical dramas. And now with Glee being the success it is, I guess next pilot season will be mostly high school/music based shows.
Old June 2 2010, 11:21 PM   #87
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

No. But I hoped for at least one space opera this pilot season as opposed to all the cop and medical dramas. And now with Glee being the success it is, I guess next pilot season will be mostly high school/music based shows.
This is what I don't get. The success of Glee has literally nothing to do with why there were no space opera pilots this season, nor why any current space operas were cancelled. Why should the success of one program --which people seem to love-- be the basis or target of your anger and jealousy?

You don't like it -- fair enough. Unlike some people, you've actually given the show a chance. That's awesome. But why condemn it for this totally unrelated reason?
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 11:42 PM   #88
scnj
Captain

That's not the reason I'm condemning it, that was me going off on a barely related tangent. Although it does annoy me when every pilot season rolls around and the majority of them are obvious knock offs of successful shows in the hopes that lightning will strike twice.
Old June 2 2010, 11:52 PM   #89
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

That's not the reason I'm condemning it, that was me going off on a barely related tangent. Although it does annoy me when every pilot season rolls around and the majority of them are obvious knock offs of successful shows in the hopes that lightning will strike twice.
Have you met Hollywood?
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2010, 11:59 PM   #90
Aragorn
Admiral

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
It's damn TV show. If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it.
You realize you're posting on a message board with certain posters who watched every single episode of shows running multiple seasons so that they could spend all their free time bitching and moaning about them, right?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote