Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old June 1 2010, 07:42 AM   #1
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Is Miley Cyrus the only star out there that is too cool for Glee? Even though Glee is currently on the top of almost every celebrity's fantasy to-do list, Miley doesn't seem too impressed by the hit series. Miley tells Billboard that she isn't a fan of musicals or Glee, which she admits she can't bring herself to watch.
Apparently Miley was never seen an episode of the show since they don't actually break out into song in the traditional musical sense and usually feature other musical's songs or pop songs–like when they sang her hit song, "The Climb" on a recent episode. Oops!
Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 07:47 AM   #2
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Blimey, I agree with Miley Cyrus on something. Will wonders never cease ?

What is this sudden obsession with shows and films about teenagers singing anyway ?
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Checkmate
Commodore

Glee is actually a really fun show.. You'll have to forgive people for not giving a flying fuck about yours or anyone else's opinion based solely upon preconceived notions of a show they've never even watched.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Hermiod
Admiral

Checkmate wrote: View Post
Glee is actually a really fun show.. You'll have to forgive people for not giving a flying fuck about yours or anyone else's opinion based solely upon preconceived notions of a show they've never even watched.
Behave yourself.

There have been shows like this for sixty years. The concept, however, is undergoing a resurgence in the last five years or so. I simply asked why this was.
Old June 1 2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Checkmate
Commodore

Translation: "I still haven't seen the show, hence me saying this as if it were fact. Even though it isn't. There's been, maybe, one show that's been like it before, and even it was a drama. But I wouldn't know, because I haven't seen it despite telling everyone else how to act. I am, by the very definition of the words, blatantly ignorant about what I'm talking about."

Gotcha.
Old June 1 2010, 09:08 AM   #6
RoJoHen
Awesome

Translation: "I still haven't seen the show, hence me saying this as if it were fact. Even though it isn't. There's been, maybe, one show that's been like it before, and even it was a drama. But I wouldn't know, because I haven't seen it despite telling everyone else how to act. I am, by the very definition of the words, blatantly ignorant about what I'm talking about."

Gotcha.
I feel like I'm missing some backstory here. What the hell are you talking about? At no point did Hermiod tell anybody else how to act or what to watch. He merely asked why the genre of "singing teenagers" (if you can call that a genre) is so popular right now.

"High School Musical" springs to mind.
Old June 1 2010, 09:14 AM   #7
Hermiod
Admiral

Gotcha.
What "fact" ? I asked a question!

I don't understand why people, especially young people, are suddenly so interested in musicals again. I am not criticising that interest, just wondering why.
Old June 1 2010, 09:56 AM   #8
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

For Miley (who most people despise) to be hating on Glee is the pot calling the kettle black. She should realize that people hate her guts, too.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1 2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Checkmate
Commodore

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
At no point did Hermiod tell anybody else how to act
Hermiod wrote: View Post
Behave yourself.
Sure didn't. And if he would have ever seen a single episode of the show, rather than condemn it as crap out of complete and utter ignorance, he'd have his own answers. Since, you know, he said he agreed with Miley Cyrus, who hasn't seen the show either. Or that, apparently, it's just retreaded shit that's been on the air for the last 60 years. etc.
Old June 1 2010, 10:57 AM   #10
cultcross
Say my name...

It's apparent from her comments (despite the poor grammar of the journalist) that she hasn't actually seen the show. But that sounds like a good basis to dislike something. At least on this board.
Old June 1 2010, 10:57 AM   #11
Hermiod
Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
At no point did Hermiod tell anybody else how to act
Hermiod wrote: View Post
Behave yourself.
Sure didn't. And if he would have ever seen a single episode of the show, rather than condemn it as crap out of complete and utter ignorance, he'd have his own answers. Since, you know, he said he agreed with Miley Cyrus, who hasn't seen the show either. Or that, apparently, it's just retreaded shit that's been on the air for the last 60 years. etc.
Show me the post where I condemned the show or the part of the article where Miley Cyrus does.

She doesn't want to watch it, it's not her cup of tea. That's where I was agreeing with her as it's not mine either. Unless you've watched every single minute of television ever broadcast, you are in no position to judge.

And this, by the way, is coming from someone who includes Singin' in the Rain as one of his top ten films of all time.
Old June 1 2010, 01:38 PM   #12
Balrog
Commodore

Miley: "I haven't seen the show, but I'm more than happy to cash the royalty check and gain the free publicity by having my song on the show and being mentioned, thanks!"

"Glee" works because it's a show with heart and a good message, yet doesn't take itself too seriously. It's a farce. Once you get that, the show is watchable.
Old June 1 2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Jetfire

I didn't care about this kinda thing in HS and I don't care about it now. I did try to watch Glee and didn't like it. If the show has fans good for them.

Old June 1 2010, 02:09 PM   #14
Danny99
Vice Admiral

Glee is not my cup of tea. If Checkmate wants to bash me for that fine. It probably wouldn't be on my radar if Global TV in Canada hadn't decided to promote it every five seconds.
Old June 1 2010, 02:19 PM   #15
Shazam!
Rear Admiral

Miley was never seen an episode of the show
Brilliant.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote