IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 23 2010, 06:11 PM   #16
Forbin
Admiral

Re: New Firefly Book! "Still Flying"

FordSVT wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Well now I saw this listed and didn't know what it was until just now....checked it out on amazon and yes Titan Books is publishing it and 160 pages of happy shiny material in the same format as the first two books from them. I loved those books so I'll probably pick this one up too. Thanks for the heads up.
One thing that annoys me as much as BSG fans who insist on using the word "frak" in every sentence is Firefly fans who have to shoe-horn "shiny" into everything.
You could solve that problem by not visiting Firefly threads. Then everything would be shiny in your world.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2010, 08:41 PM   #17
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Christopher wrote: View Post
OmahaStar wrote: View Post
This might help. There's a new Firefly universe movie, direct to dvd, and it'll be out by September.
That's a fan film, right? It's not like this is anything official.
This has been given the blessing of Fox, Universal, and most importantly Joss Whedon. Stop being so jealous. It's really not a good look for you.
Old May 23 2010, 10:50 PM   #18
David cgc
Vice Admiral

So it's not a fanfilm?
Old May 23 2010, 11:00 PM   #19
Christopher
Writer

^It is a fan film, and I wasn't making any value judgment. "Fan film" is not an attack, merely a description. Heck, the film's own website calls it a fan film. It's an amateur, non-profit production rather than a professional, profit-making production by the owners of the copyright, therefore it is a fan film, no matter whose blessing or support it has. I was simply clarifying that this wasn't an official continuation of the franchise, so that nobody would get their hopes up due to incomplete information.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2010, 12:17 AM   #20
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

I was simply clarifying that this wasn't an official continuation of the franchise, so that nobody would get their hopes up due to incomplete information.
Really? Cuz it sure sounded like a typical "Christopher knows better than everybody else and let me tell you why" post.
Old May 24 2010, 02:18 PM   #21
RookieBatman
Commodore

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Valin wrote: View Post
Maybe they can get novelist Richard Castle to write them.

Hah! I'll bet he would have a real affinity for the characters.
Well, we know he's a fan, since he dressed up as Mal last Halloween.
And that other time, like, five years ago.

But seriously, it'll be interesting to see whether there's anything really new besides the short fiction. I'll certainly devour it all, but I'm a little pensive about what new stuff is really gonna come up in the non-fic sections. But hey, I'm big on behind the scenes, so the more the merrier, I guess.
Old May 24 2010, 06:15 PM   #22
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Forbin wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Well now I saw this listed and didn't know what it was until just now....checked it out on amazon and yes Titan Books is publishing it and 160 pages of happy shiny material in the same format as the first two books from them. I loved those books so I'll probably pick this one up too. Thanks for the heads up.
One thing that annoys me as much as BSG fans who insist on using the word "frak" in every sentence is Firefly fans who have to shoe-horn "shiny" into everything.
You could solve that problem by not visiting Firefly threads. Then everything would be shiny in your world.

I'm just frelling mad that FARSCAPE lingo never caught on. Dren!
Old May 24 2010, 07:34 PM   #23
Christopher
Writer

There was an episode of SciFi's The Invisible Man, back when Farscape was still on, when the comic-relief supporting character Eberts was under the influence of some sort of rage-inducing bioweapon, and he cried, "I'm going to frelling kill you!"

The featured woman-creature-whatever in that new movie Splice is apparently named Dren, according to the ads, and I just find that so bizarre, as in "Don't they know what that word means?!"

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24 2010, 07:59 PM   #24
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

The featured woman-creature-whatever in that new movie Splice is apparently named Dren, according to the ads, and I just find that so bizarre, as in "Don't they know what that word means?!"

I know! I keep having the same response!
Old May 24 2010, 10:02 PM   #25
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Forbin wrote: View Post

Hey, thodo, don't get your meevoks in a twist.

Old May 26 2010, 08:50 PM   #26
Ethros
Vice Admiral

There's some cover art and info Here about the upcoming Book backstory graphic novel btw
Ethros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26 2010, 09:38 PM   #27
stonester1
Rear Admiral

Kewl!
Old May 27 2010, 05:47 PM   #28
RookieBatman
Commodore

Alright! When I heard about "Float Out," I figured that was gonna be instead of A Shepherd's Tale, not in addition to. That's fantastic!

So, I got my copy of Still Flying yesterday. Haven't started reading it yet, but it looks like it's got some good features. I'm curious to see what this legendary practical joke was.