Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 14 2010, 08:48 PM   #16
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Re: Star Trek CCG

darthraidr wrote: View Post
i used to play this game with Capt. Vulcan back in HS. it was okay. but at some point we just gave up on it. we probably didnt give it a fair shake, but oh well. my problem with CCGs is the cost associated with them. players with more money can simply buy a better deck. also, CCGs seem to pump expansions out way too quickly.

I do enjoy the board game/ccg Dominion. (not at all trek related). it's got all the cards you need for a game, and incorporates deck building as a key mechanic of gameplay.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion

if there were a trek game like that, i'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
I actually agree. We eventually started to modify the game and just used the ships only..no people.

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2010, 09:15 PM   #17
kitsune
Captain

I never played the CCG as I never had anyone to play with. But, I did collect all of the Starfleet ships, and the main cast from each series (at least the ones I liked). I keep them in a binder with pocketed plastic sheets that hold nine cards each.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2010, 09:33 PM   #18
RobertScorpio
Pariah

hmmm..better not give us your real address. Your life could be in real danger!!!

LOL
Old May 15 2010, 12:17 AM   #19
Harvey
Admiral

My brother and I collected a ton of these back in the day. Still have them sitting in a box in the attic.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2010, 12:43 AM   #20
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Searched all over..couldn't find any of them at any of the local Dollar stores..damn!!!

Though, I did some great new wiffle balls and a bat!!

Rob
Old May 16 2010, 02:34 AM   #21
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

If anyone still is looking for packs for the game, Amazon has quite a few links to where you can order them online.

My favorite online store for this is "Hill's Wholesale Gaming". Here's the link to the Trek CCG page:
http://www.wholesalegaming.com/startrek

Amazon itself, of course, has some good merchandise to that effect--but I had a bad experience with Amazon one time, when I thought I was ordering a specific set, and ended up getting a set of random cards....

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2010, 01:45 PM   #22
rwoods81
Ensign

The Star Trek CCG is now overseen by the fan run Continuing Committee. The CC is comprised of fans of the game along with several former Decipher Inc. employees and they continue to organize regional and world championships as well as design new cards for both first and second edition. Check them out at www.trekcc.org
rwoods81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2010, 07:20 AM   #23
RobertScorpio
Pariah

wow..just caught up on this thread and thanks Rwoods. That was a cool link!!! Maybe CCG will have a big rebirth someday!!!

I do miss playing it, but mainly miss trying to find the black bordered cards before my friends did!!!

Rob
Old May 20 2010, 02:25 AM   #24
walker935
Ensign

I would say for about a good two years I played. Since I was a Senior Chief, I had pretty good access to places on the ship. I would let the lower rank guys, airmen and such, play in the chief's mess during after hours.
walker935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2010, 03:09 PM   #25
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
If anyone still is looking for packs for the game, Amazon has quite a few links to where you can order them online.

My favorite online store for this is "Hill's Wholesale Gaming". Here's the link to the Trek CCG page:
http://www.wholesalegaming.com/startrek

Amazon itself, of course, has some good merchandise to that effect--but I had a bad experience with Amazon one time, when I thought I was ordering a specific set, and ended up getting a set of random cards....
Thanks for the link, el surpemo ditto head. I am going to buy some today!!!

Rob
Old May 20 2010, 10:19 PM   #26
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

No problem, RobertScorpio!

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote