RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,691
Members: 24,828
Currently online: 518
Newest member: ncc1500

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 16 2010, 09:07 PM   #16
heroes4evr
Ensign

Re: How to fix Heroes? (spoilers for all eps)

reboot it that could work
heroes4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2010, 09:21 PM   #17
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

It'll never happen, tho.

Ugh, look at my stupid polyanna statement in this very thread!

I really think they're on the road to a fix. Of course, I've been optimistic in the past and been thwacked upside the head so maybe I should cool it, but...
That's the last time I'll be optimistic about a show! Too embarassing to see it dredged up later. Thanks a lot, folks.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2010, 09:24 PM   #18
heroes4evr
Ensign

Why will it not happen
Old May 16 2010, 09:30 PM   #19
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

heroes4evr wrote: View Post
Why will it not happen
Because when something has the stink of failure on it, Hollywood drops it and never looks back. Maybe a big brand like Star Trek can be resurrected, but Heroes never made it to that level.

Some of my comments in this thread are now hilarious. For instance:

Eh, she just needs to find out that Noah let her pal around with a borderline sexual predator masquerading as her father just so she wouldn't rat him and Angela out to Uncle Peter. Blech. There's no returning to Claire Bear after that little revelation, and good riddance.
Wow, Claire let Noah totally off the hook for that! Did she even realize that she could have been in serious danger, and nobody had the sense or common courtesy to warn her?
Old May 16 2010, 09:34 PM   #20
heroes4evr
Ensign

was that in season 4 A Brave New World's episode or another I watched all of season 4 it was ok but nothing special.
Old May 16 2010, 09:41 PM   #21
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

It was the whole season. Claire didn't spend too much time with Nathan as I recall, but what if Nathan had decided to take her to Mexico for another impromptu vacation? Would Noah or Angela have told her not to go? And what reason would they have given?

Or would they have simply gone on blindly trusting that Matt's brainwashing would work properly? Angela at least was having doubts.

The whole scheme was stupid and poorly planned. They needed to be a lot more desperate, in order to excuse it. There needed to be a plotline leading up to it in which the metahumans were known to be public enemies and were being hunted down more seriously than they were. There should have been legislation pending to send them all away or some such, public sentiment is divided, it's a make or break moment, Nathan's in Congress trying to block this insanity and then WHAMMO Nathan gets killed by an insane metahuman. If that becomes public knowledge, it all goes straight to hell. Angela, Noah and Matt needed to have their backs to the wall a lot worse than they did.
Old May 16 2010, 09:44 PM   #22
heroes4evr
Ensign

wasted opportunity I guess