Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old May 15 2010, 03:15 PM   #1
Galahad
Ensign

New DS9 Relaunch Novels?

Other that the Typhon Pact book by David R. George III will we see anymore DS9 relaunch stories in 2011?

(Just finished Soul Key last night and am impatiently awaiting the next story arc).
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Defcon
Rear Admiral

View Defcon's Twitter Profile
Re: New DS9 Relaunch Novels?

Nothing has been announced yet for DS9 beyond DRG III's Typhon Pact novel .
Defcon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 04:01 PM   #3
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

I'll pass on this until I see some reviews and see it's not another snoozefest like the last few DS9 books.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Technobuilder
Commodore

One of the best series, but much of the momentum was lost. It's a shame really.

I'm hoping that it gets back into the groove, especially as I'm eagerly awaiting DRGIII's next turn at bat.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 04:01 PM   #5
ares93
Commodore

there wont be a new ds9 novel. or any other series specific novel for that matter. at least not until 2012-2013. they'll keep making tie in novels like destiny.
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Defcon
Rear Admiral

ares93 wrote: View Post
there wont be a new ds9 novel. or any other series specific novel for that matter. at least not until 2012-2013. they'll keep making tie in novels like destiny.
Somebody better inform Peter David (New Frontier), David A. McIntee(TNG), Steven Mollmann & Michael Schuster (TOS), Michael A. Martin (Enterprise), Dayton Ward, Kevin Dilmore, David Mack and Marco Palmieri (Vanguard) of this deveolpment, they all think they'll be writing series specific novels for 2011.
Old May 15 2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Lonemagpie
Writer

Well, mine's mostly TNG but won't have "The Next Generation" on the cover - but then, neither did any of the four TNG movies...

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Well, we've got not only Sisko and who knows what else in "The Rough Beasts of Empire", but Bashir and Dax in "Zero Sum Game" and Shar in "Paths of Disharmony". So three out of the four "Typhon Pact" books have at least some claim to DS9 status on some level. I'm sure that will keep us going. Although I too am eager for a continuation of the DS9 books. Oh well, 2011 looks great as it is, and we can't have everything. Maybe in 2012.
Old May 15 2010, 04:36 PM   #9
ares93
Commodore

Defcon wrote: View Post
Somebody better inform Peter David (New Frontier), David A. McIntee(TNG), Steven Mollmann & Michael Schuster (TOS), Michael A. Martin (Enterprise), Dayton Ward, Kevin Dilmore, David Mack and Marco Palmieri (Vanguard) of this deveolpment, they all think they'll be writing series specific novels for 2011.
alright you got me there. let me rephrase, ds9-tng-voy novels are being "tied in".
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 04:39 PM   #10
Defcon
Rear Admiral

alright you got me there. let me rephrase, ds9-tng-voy novels are being "tied in".
Sorry, forgot Kirsten Beyer (Voyager) in the list above.

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Well, mine's mostly TNG but won't have "The Next Generation" on the cover - but then, neither did any of the four TNG movies...
Yeah, my brain must have misfired there, probably was making the connection Geordi-heavy = TNG.
Old May 15 2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Dayton Ward
Word Pusher

View Dayton Ward's Twitter Profile

Well, Paths of Disharmony is pretty much a TNG tale, though Shar appears in a "guest starring" role.

"tlhingAn HoL, Mother F*cker! Do you speak it?!"
Dayton Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 05:02 PM   #12
Galahad
Ensign

Technobuilder wrote: View Post
One of the best series, but much of the momentum was lost. It's a shame really.

I'm hoping that it gets back into the groove, especially as I'm eagerly awaiting DRGIII's next turn at bat.
I hate to say it but I think I have to agree with you. I was out of the country 2008-2009 and read the Destiny trilogy overseas. After that my trek reading obsession more or less disappeared.

I came back to read Soul Key and found myself lost at points, but thought it was due to my 2 year hiatus from the series. On the other hand, as you said the momentum I felt in the Mission Gamma series wasn't there anymore.

It's almost as if S.D. Perry needs to come back and launch "season 9". That is, of course, unless DRGIII doesn't do it in his upcoming novel...here's hoping
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 05:05 PM   #13
Deranged Nasat
Vice Admiral

Dayton Ward wrote: View Post
Well, Paths of Disharmony is pretty much a TNG tale, though Shar appears in a "guest starring" role.
I suspected as much, but however limited his role is, it's still a fix of DS9 to keep me going! And I'm looking forward to follow-up on Andor.
Old May 15 2010, 05:14 PM   #14
Lonemagpie
Writer

Yeah, my brain must have misfired there, probably was making the connection Geordi-heavy = TNG.
No, I'd pretty much call it that, and it is definitely more TNG than TOS or DS9, despite Scotty and Nog being in it.

It just won't have those three words on the cover.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2010, 05:17 PM   #15
flemm
Fleet Captain

Deranged Nasat wrote: View Post
Although I too am eager for a continuation of the DS9 books.
Agreed. I'm looking forward to Rough Beasts of Empire especially, and I hope there will be a follow-up shortly thereafter.

I'm not too optimistic that we'll get to see all the loose ends from the original DS9-R tied up, but hopefully we'll get some more stories involving Kira, Odo, Vaughn, Quark and Co. post-Destiny.
flemm is offline   Reply With Quote