TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old May 13 2010, 05:58 PM   #31
O'Dib
Commodore

Re: You know what's creepy about Amy?

Hermiod wrote: View Post
I just find it a bit sad that someone thinks that finding a woman like Karen Gillan attractive is 'creepy'. Basically, if that's true, human race = extinct.
More likely, human race = "Survival of the Creeps". Wouldn't be a half bad title for a Who ep, either.
Old May 13 2010, 07:45 PM   #32
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

cuz wow, girls are all scary n' stuff.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2010, 02:05 AM   #33
Bones
Commodore

I just find it a bit sad that someone thinks that finding a woman like Karen Gillan attractive is 'creepy'.
And who said that?
I keep getting banned. If it happens again to the point of no return (and you miss me so much that you're off your food), I can still be found among the cool dudes of the Anorak Zone: http://anorakzoneforum.informe.com/forum/
It's No Gahy Test.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2010, 06:58 AM   #34
Hermiod
Admiral

USS Bones wrote: View Post
I just find it a bit sad that someone thinks that finding a woman like Karen Gillan attractive is 'creepy'.
And who said that?
You did. People do strange things when they're attracted to someone. Pressing rewind on their Sky+ box is hardly 'creepy'.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2010, 07:33 AM   #35
Bones
Commodore

But at no point did I say that finding Karen Gillan attractive is creepy. Get your facts straight before making a post, or it could be construed as a personal attack. I said that being entranced with her to the point of completely missing entire scenes is creepy, though I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. However, while she's certainly not unattractive, that's a bit much, and I doubt she'd be put on this pedestal were she not a DW companion. For example, if you were flicking through channels and saw her face, I doubt you'd stop dead in your tracks in and gaze at her beauty with your tongue lolling out.
I keep getting banned. If it happens again to the point of no return (and you miss me so much that you're off your food), I can still be found among the cool dudes of the Anorak Zone: http://anorakzoneforum.informe.com/forum/
It's No Gahy Test.
Old May 14 2010, 07:44 AM   #36
Hermiod
Admiral

^If you want to take it as a personal attack that's up to you.

I don't know if she's being put on a "pedestal". She's certainly getting a lot of media attention because of the fact that she's a new face and Doctor Who is an extremely popular show in the UK.

I'm not exactly the biggest fan of this show, I'm not going to watch it just because of some woman. Right now I'm only watching it because they're at least trying to tell half decent science fiction stories which nobody else seems to want to do.
Old May 14 2010, 12:04 PM   #37
Bones
Commodore

^If you want to take it as a personal attack that's up to you.
How would you take someone telling an obvious lie about you? Even after reiterating my position.
It's No Gahy Test.
Old May 14 2010, 12:32 PM   #38
Hermiod
Admiral

How would you take someone telling an obvious lie about you? Even after reiterating my position.
You described someone rewinding a scene because of a woman in that scene, an act taken because that woman is attractive, as 'creepy'.

If you think my disagreement with that is a personal attack or an outright lie then you are welcome to take it up with the moderators.
Old May 14 2010, 01:27 PM   #39
Bones
Commodore

You said that I said that. I didn't. By that point, I'd even gone to the bother of clairfying what I was say, knowing the coterie of halfwits who like to insist I'm some kind of virgin prude for no other reason than thinking frequent unfunny sex references oughtn't be in a family show might start up. It is a lie.
It's No Gahy Test.
Old May 18 2010, 09:04 AM   #40
Hermiod
Admiral

You said that I said that. I didn't. By that point, I'd even gone to the bother of clairfying what I was say, knowing the coterie of halfwits who like to insist I'm some kind of virgin prude for no other reason than thinking frequent unfunny sex references oughtn't be in a family show might start up. It is a lie.
You know what ? I apologise. I apologise for misinterpreting your comments and I apologise for not replying sooner.

I agree that there's a very large group of cowards on this board who like to throw labels around and insult other posters behind their backs and hide behind the "what happens in TNZ" rule. So, I also apologise for helping them do that too.
Old May 18 2010, 11:20 AM   #41
Bones
Commodore

Thanks, that's very courteous of you

If everyone thought like that, this forum would certainly be a nicer place.
It's No Gahy Test.
Old May 18 2010, 08:57 PM   #42
captcalhoun
Admiral

this forum'd be a nicer place if certain people stopped being nit-picky miserable bastards and certain other people stopped whinging about stuff in books they never read and never will read.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2010, 09:20 PM   #43
Bones
Commodore

captcalhoun wrote: View Post
this forum'd be a nicer place if certain people stopped being nit-picky miserable bastards and certain other people stopped whinging about stuff in books they never read and never will read.
I agree that there's a very large group of cowards on this board who like to throw labels around and insult other posters...
It's No Gahy Test.
Old May 18 2010, 10:48 PM   #44
Starkers
Admiral

Actually Hermiod was talking about people making comments behind people's back. I don't think Captcalhoun's count as being behind your back

But you know what, he has a point. You hate RTD, you hate everything thing he does, everything about him. We get it, seriously we do. We get it because you insist on pointing it out in practically every post you write (or at least it feels like that).

Frankly its boring, and worse than that its tiring, and it means that its hard to actually get to some of the really interesting things you say sometimes.

Because everyone on this board has something interesting to say at one time or another; be it me, you, Captcalhoun, Wamdue, Sci, EMH, The, Captain Pike, Kelso, WillsBabe...everyone of us, because we all love Doctor Who in some way shape or form.

Most of us keep our more extreme views (whatever they might be) out of the way for most of the discussions. I don't need to put in every post how disapointing I found the Dobbie/Jesus Doctor concept, or how lousy I found the notion of 10.5, or the TARDIS dragging the Earth...

Nobody's saying you have to love RTD or kiss his arse or anything like that, but constantly going on and on about how shit you think he is (and he isn't, if you can't see he has talent then I almost pity you- skewed annoying egotistical talent and I think Moffat has more, but its there nontheless) just makes you sound like you're a twelve year old. An articulate 12 year old for sure...but 12 all the same.

I know you think everyone hates you or is attacking you for no good reason, but the truth of the matter is, if enough people tell you your hair is on fire, it might be worth looking in a mirror just to check for yourself.
Starkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2010, 11:30 PM   #45
Neroon
Mod of balance

I was just about to post something concerning the sniping and overly personal comments, but Starkers put it pretty well.

Bones, a great percentage of your comments do come across as being almost repetitively negative. You have to expect some folks to take issue with it.

captcalhoun, that however, that doesn't justify your rather thinly-veiled insult.

Hermiod, calling anyone a "coward" in this context helps nothing, either.

This forum is generally devoid of this kind of pettiness. Don't go down this road again. Even if it doesn't make sense, you don't need to poke a stick at it.