Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Closed Thread

Old May 12 2010, 07:49 PM   #31
I-Am-Zim
Captain

Re: Circumstantial Evidence?

startrekrcks wrote: View Post
Could you please respect what the writers tried to do and leave the film alone please another STXI lover here I'm sick of people nitpicking every single bloody detail of the movie for goodness sake it's just a film.
If that is the case, it may be a good idea for you to take a break from Star Trek discussion forums for a little while.
Old May 12 2010, 07:51 PM   #32
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

View startrekrcks's Twitter Profile

Are you starting on me again just saying what I think
Old May 12 2010, 07:54 PM   #33
I-Am-Zim
Captain

Nope. Just dispensing a little friendly advice. Hope you find it helpful.
Old May 12 2010, 07:56 PM   #34
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

I don't need to take a break I'm quite well do you think I'm insane
Old May 12 2010, 07:57 PM   #35
I-Am-Zim
Captain

Honestly? The thought has occurred to me.
Old May 12 2010, 08:00 PM   #36
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

I-Am-Zim please don't think I'm being nasty to other people I don't intend to cause hassle I'm just as a Nutrek fan just addressing what I personally feel it's a discussion board after all.
Old May 12 2010, 08:09 PM   #37
I-Am-Zim
Captain

It is indeed. And you are hijacking my thread. If you have an opinion concerning the topic at hand, please feel free to express it. If not, go somewhere else.
Old May 12 2010, 08:26 PM   #38
Dukhat
Commodore

Zim: There are a few flaws in your theory. First, Nero's wife had hair, and so did one of the female crew members, so obviously Nero and (male) crews' baldness is of choice, not genetics.

And I can think of many reasons why his crew shaved their heads. Perhaps it's a culture thing with the mining guild he belongs to (tattoos and all). Maybe they didn't want excess hair getting caught in machinery, as there's all sorts of moving parts in the Narada. Maybe the ship gets really hot inside, and they just want to cool off. Maybe it just makes them feel like they're a bunch of badasses. Etc.

Second, there are aliens (such as Klingons and Bolians) even in the TNG era that look extremely different from one another, and yet are the same species. So why not the Romulans? Plus, it could be a culture thing too. Maybe the brow-ridged Romulans get to be warbird crewmembers, and the non-brow-ridged Romulans work as miners, just like the poor Nosferatu-looking Romulans have to mine dilithium on Remus.

Third, a mining vessel is going to look completely different from a warbird, based on its function. Just because the Narada is big and tentacle-ly and not shaped like a bird means nada. Does a bulldozer look like a police car?

Honestly, these are very flimsy points to base your hypothesis on.

Last edited by Boo-khat; May 12 2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old May 12 2010, 08:54 PM   #39
Char Aznable
Lieutenant Commander

Nero didn't have the TNG style forehead ridges because they were stupid and rightfully done away with. The look in XI was just fine IMO
Old May 12 2010, 09:49 PM   #40
FarStrider
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to FarStrider

Char Aznable wrote: View Post
Nero didn't have the TNG style forehead ridges because they were stupid and rightfully done away with. The look in XI was just fine IMO
YES!!!!! This, so much. And since when does everyone in a race wear the SAME haircut? Anyway, this "theory" is a desperate grasp at straws. . . I mean, you could say the same thing about TOS and TMP. . . the Klingons look totally different with their head ridges, and the uniforms totally didn't evolve from the previous model. . .

~FS
Old May 12 2010, 11:08 PM   #41
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

Re: Why did spock end up in the alternate universe??

He could use the Guardian to get back to the Prime Universe, with the use of a starship.
Old May 12 2010, 11:23 PM   #42
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

We've seen the Guardian take people back and forth in time and alter the past creating alternate timelines, but we've never seen that it can transfer people between different already-established timelines.
That's not to say it can't, just that there's no evidence it can.
Old May 13 2010, 01:38 AM   #43
Scout101
Admiral

I already stated the easiest way for him to return to his original universe: Travel back to right before Nero arrived. Close the rift and/or blow up Nero's ship. This makes the 'new' timeline pretty much identical to the old one. Only difference would be that the Kelvin noted an electrical storm in space, but it quickly dissipated without an apparent cause. On to next adventure...

Now you're on the right timeline, and Spock knows a million ways to get back to his time. Slingshot, Guardian, etc. Only reason he didn't do this is because they didn't WANT to reset the timeline, they wanted it left alone for future movies. Not really any "in-universe" explanation that makes sense, they've fixed worse problems before.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Old May 13 2010, 01:58 AM   #44
Brutal Strudel
Rear Admiral

Location: Here, frozen between time and place, not even the brightest lights escape...

More importantly: why did Spock let Nero take him and the red matter? Why didn't he self-destruct?
Old May 13 2010, 02:23 AM   #45
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Brutal Strudel wrote:
More importantly: why did Spock let Nero take him and the red matter? Why didn't he self-destruct?
He couldn't.

or

The movie would have been too short.

Why did spock end up in the alternate universe??
They wanted that old guy who used to play Spock to be in the new movie. I think they should have cast Jeff Goldblum
Closed Thread