Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 9 2010, 11:56 PM   #1
cemos121
Cadet

Star Trek CCG

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone remembers star trek ccg. I used to play alot. I even made a site http://www.startrekccg.com on it. Does anyone here play it still?

Also do you have any ideas for my site?
cemos121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2010, 05:00 AM   #2
Annorax
Lieutenant

Re: Star Trek CCG

It's pretty much dead. I still have my collections of just about everything good from First and Second Editions, but since nobody around here is interested in playing it I won't be building decks anytime soon.
Annorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2010, 02:07 PM   #3
RobertScorpio
Pariah

When I was in the navy, and had just made sr chief, this I was heavily in CCG. I remember when we came to Boston, and I gave an airman $500 to find me Picard's card!!! He found one for $250 at a comic book store and got it for me. There were several TREK fans on that ship and we would scour whatever port we were in looking for comic book stores..always racing each other to find the cards...

Fun times...expensive!!! but fun..

Rob
RobertScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2010, 09:06 PM   #4
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Weird, I found myself in a Dollar Tree store over the weekend of all places, and up by the registers they had display boxes of trading cards, and they had several packs of this and the Star Wars CCG.
I collected a bunch of the cards back in the day, but never had anyone to play with.
Old May 10 2010, 09:29 PM   #5
RobertScorpio
Pariah

I would say for about a good two years I played. Since I was a Senior Chief, I had pretty good access to places on the ship. I would let the lower rank guys, airmen and such, play in the chief's mess during after hours.

Rob
Old May 11 2010, 05:33 PM   #6
phrog
Lieutenant Commander

Man oh man did I play a lot of this back in the day. Every Friday night a local bookstore had a gaming night and a group of us played. Had boxes upon boxes of the cards, a binder of printed out strategies and card information. Yeah, junior high and high school saw a lot of my cash going into those little packs, back when you could get them at Barnes and Noble, or any local card shop. I actually really miss it, even though I fell out of the game long before they stopped making them.

I too found the packs at the Dollar Tree recently and although the sight of them there made me a little sad and wistful, I certainly picked up a pack and grinned like an idiot opening them even though they were just first edition white borders.
Old May 11 2010, 09:38 PM   #7
RobertScorpio
Pariah

First edition white borders...wow..that does make me feel old!!!

Rob
Old May 11 2010, 09:42 PM   #8
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

I never learned to play the CCGs, but I did collect them. These cards (whether they be Trek, or B5, or Doctor Who, etc.,) are perfect for autograph collecting. Cheap, easy to store, and durable. Me likey.
Old May 12 2010, 11:57 AM   #9
Rush Limborg
Vice Admiral

I am into the CCG--passionately. It's what got me into Star Trek in the first place. Irony of ironies: I get involved in '02. And just about no one sells them anymore.

To this day, I scour the "pastimes stores" for packs of the game.

"Forget it, Jake...it's Chinatown."
Rush Limborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2010, 02:34 PM   #10
barnaclelapse
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to barnaclelapse

I'm not even sure I remember this.
barnaclelapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2010, 03:07 PM   #11
RobertScorpio
Pariah

Rush Limborg wrote: View Post
I am into the CCG--passionately. It's what got me into Star Trek in the first place. Irony of ironies: I get involved in '02. And just about no one sells them anymore.

I have been reading how some of you find them at dollar stores and the like...how much do they cost? I might start buying them again. Who knows, maybe we can start a 'rush' and their stock will go back up!!!

Rob
Old May 12 2010, 09:57 PM   #12
phrog
Lieutenant Commander

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post

I have been reading how some of you find them at dollar stores and the like...how much do they cost? I might start buying them again. Who knows, maybe we can start a 'rush' and their stock will go back up!!!

Rob
$1
Old May 12 2010, 10:00 PM   #13
RobertScorpio
Pariah

phrog wrote: View Post
RobertScorpio wrote: View Post

Rob
$1

Im going today!

Rob
Old May 13 2010, 04:32 AM   #14
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

I still have a bunch around that I have no use for. I have most of the big cards from Series 1. If anyone wants them I'd be willing to part with them pretty cheaply.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2010, 08:46 PM   #15
darthraidr
Commodore

i used to play this game with Capt. Vulcan back in HS. it was okay. but at some point we just gave up on it. we probably didnt give it a fair shake, but oh well. my problem with CCGs is the cost associated with them. players with more money can simply buy a better deck. also, CCGs seem to pump expansions out way too quickly.

I do enjoy the board game/ccg Dominion. (not at all trek related). it's got all the cards you need for a game, and incorporates deck building as a key mechanic of gameplay.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion

if there were a trek game like that, i'd pick it up in a heartbeat.
darthraidr is offline   Reply With Quote