Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old April 8 2010, 02:14 AM   #826
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!
Re: *Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Etched wrote: View Post
A recent pic of Zach with his
From ZQ's Twitter - which he is actually doing himself now, you can tell because most of the posts are nonsensical.
I don't understand the man's hatred of the shift key. As an English teacher, I should be more annoyed, but with Zachary? I can only find it endearing.

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2010, 02:23 AM   #827
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

Wynterhawk wrote: View Post
A possible new gig for ZQ.

Andy Samberg has signed on to join Anna Faris and Chris Evans in What's Your Number?, a new R-rated relationships comedy that also has Zachary Quinto in talks to join the cast.

Faris will play a woman who starts to panic, on sleeping with her 20th man, that she's had too many relationships and missed Mr Right along the way. Cue soul-searching, revisiting old boyfriends and no doubt many comedy escapades. Evans will play her womanising next-door neighbour (who we're guessing she'll end up with because, well, dreamy) with Samberg and possibly Quinto as ex-boyfriends
Source: Empire

Sounds dreadful imo but then 99% of these kind of movies are.

Still no news on whether the Gershwin thing is happening or not.

God. That does sound dreadful. I hate movies like that. But... ZQ
It sure does.

Faris will play a woman who starts to panic, on sleeping with her 20th man, that she's had too many relationships and missed Mr Right along the way.
At least if they switched the gender of the main character, the premise would be just a little less cliche. A little. But no. Romcom is a genre built on gender-based stereotyping.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2010, 06:21 AM   #828
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!

DevilEyes wrote: View Post
At least if they switched the gender of the main character, the premise would be just a little less cliche. A little. But no. Romcom is a genre built on gender-based stereotyping.

Yes, indeed. I often feel that my intelligence is being insulted just when seeing the advertising for such movies. They tend to say, "Hey, you're a girl. Your main interests are relationships and fashion, right?" Wrong.

It's interesting that you mention switching the gender of the main character. I am willing to bet that his sleeping with twenty women would be treated quite differently than a woman sleeping with twenty men. Not to get off on a sociological tangent here...

Okay, peripherally related to ZQ is the fact that Nimoy now has his own twitter account, for those of you who don't yet know: http://twitter.com/theRealNimoy

He has been updating on a fairly regular basis, and is following both Shatner and Zachary.

I quoted this in the TOS forum too, but I think it is cute enough to repeat:

(Nimoy): @WilliamShatner Hey Bil. Leonard here. Following you. Hope to see you soon
(Shatner): @TheRealNimoy Leonard, following me is a good idea. Seeing me is a better idea. I'll take you out to dinner soon. My best, Bill

To which Zach replied:
@WilliamShatner @TheRealNimoy as long as you invite spock jr. it's only logical.

Cutest thing ever? I think it just might be!

Old April 12 2010, 08:34 PM   #829
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

View startrekrcks's Twitter Profile

aww that is cute wonder will they invite Zachary as well to dinner that would be nice.
startrekrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2010, 05:43 AM   #830
Tribbles
Commander

It would be nice of them, wouldn't it, startrekrcks (do you have a nickname I can call you?)... maybe they could invite Chris Pine too, to even it out.

Look here, Nimoy responded to Zach's tweet:

(Nimoy): @ZacharyQuinto Zachary, you are so Spock! LLAP

What a gentleman he is to always treat Zach so kindly by encouraging him to embrace the role and make it his own rather than acting defensive about it. Truly gracious to an extent that I don't know I'd be able to find within myself. It must be difficult to relinquish a character that has been such a big part of your life, but Mr. Nimoy is pure class all the way.

Old April 15 2010, 09:13 AM   #831
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

that would be so nice of them to invite Chris Pine as well
Old April 26 2010, 07:10 PM   #832
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

From his twitter a few days ago

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2010, 08:34 PM   #833
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Dorky hat picture, anyone?

http://www.trektoday.com/content/201...uinto-reunite/
Old May 11 2010, 04:00 PM   #834
Etched
Rear Admiral

Its very quiet in here.

If anyone is interested here's an update on Margin Call, the first movie from ZQ's production company Before The Door:

Kevin Spacey and Zachary Quinto have committed to star in Margin Call, a corporate thriller that marks the feature directing debut of J.C. Chandor, who wrote the script.

The film tracks eight people at a prominent investment bank in a tumultuous 24-hour period during the early stages of the financial crisis.

Source: Deadline
I thought they'd already filmed this (see earlier post) but it appears that they will actually be filming sometime this summer. Certainly Spacey's involvement will help raise the profile of the movie.

Also it looks like Zach is definitely going to be in the Anna Faris comedy, though I suspect it'll only be a small role.

Thank you for your time, here's a pic of ZQ in another dorky hat... hmmm his friend looks strangely familiar...

Etched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2010, 04:25 PM   #835
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

yeah is that gorgeous mr Pine by any chance
Old May 11 2010, 09:15 PM   #836
Tribbles
Commander

Thanks for the pics, SalvorHardin, M'Sharak, and Etched. The man loves his hats! Seems a shame to cover up such a nice head of hair.

His friend there definitely looks like Chris Pine, startrekrcks.

I gotta say, that description of Margin Call sounds boring to me. Not feeling the rom-com either. Is it 2012 yet?

Old May 11 2010, 09:18 PM   #837
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

yes it probably is aww cute to see Chris and Zachary together isn't it and that they have a great bond.
Old May 11 2010, 09:20 PM   #838
Tribbles
Commander

I'm glad they're friends, too. I hope that friendship has a chance to come across more in the next movie as the tension between Kirk and Spock is resolved.

For those of you who didn't see it, Zach posted this video on his Funny or Die account recently: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ccb...zachary-quinto

Old May 11 2010, 09:28 PM   #839
startrekrcks
Fleet Captain

We just have to wait until the sequel now to see how their friendship goes don't we?
Old May 11 2010, 11:16 PM   #840
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Its very quiet in here.

If anyone is interested here's an update on Margin Call, the first movie from ZQ's production company Before The Door:

Kevin Spacey and Zachary Quinto have committed to star in Margin Call, a corporate thriller that marks the feature directing debut of J.C. Chandor, who wrote the script.

The film tracks eight people at a prominent investment bank in a tumultuous 24-hour period during the early stages of the financial crisis.

Source: Deadline
I thought they'd already filmed this (see earlier post) but it appears that they will actually be filming sometime this summer. Certainly Spacey's involvement will help raise the profile of the movie.
IMDb has it only as "In production". With few other details beyond a September 2010 release date, you'd kinda get the impression they had filmed already, and your earlier post would seem to support that.

Thank you for your time, here's a pic of ZQ in another dorky hat... hmmm his friend looks strangely familiar...

Heh.