Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old April 11 2010, 02:37 AM   #16
T'deD'Edkeid'Ende'Dejdid
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Where's all the TREK EBOOKS at?

I hope they're back soon. I live overseas and ebooks are the only way I can read Trek as soon as a title is released. BN still has them, but cancel my order as soon as its placed since I'm not in the US/Canada. Others, such as Fictionwise or Books on Board, didn't care.
T'deD'Edkeid'Ende'Dejdid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2010, 05:51 AM   #17
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

View Rķu rķu, chķu's Twitter Profile

I was browsing the iBooks app with my iPad and I see that there are lots of Trek eBooks there. So it looks like they may be back!
Old May 2 2010, 09:55 AM   #18
EmeraldTrekkie
Ensign

Hey guys,

How are you all? I hope that you're all well. I saw this post and I thought that I would contribute.

I found this website Fictionwise.com and it has a whole load of ebooks. It also has a section on Star Trek ebooks so I thought I'd share the link with you. Here's the link: https://www.fictionwise.com/StarTrekSeries.htm

Now some of you may already have these ebooks but I thought I'd share them with you anyway.

Take care

E.T.
EmeraldTrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2010, 01:08 PM   #19
reech
Lieutenant Junior Grade

View reech's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to reech Send a message via Yahoo to reech

...but sadly, there are no books there when you click on the actual links within.

Looks like the 'old style' contract has gone, and it's just iPad books for now.

CURSE YOU STEVE JOBS!
reech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2010, 09:18 PM   #20
EmeraldTrekkie
Ensign

OK, sorry. I didn't realise that. Well, if you do find a site with some Star Trek ebooks, please let me know because I'd love to download some.

E.T.
EmeraldTrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2 2010, 09:27 PM   #21
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Well, I've got the Barnes & Noble Nook, and there are tons of Trek books you can download from bn.com. Of course, some of them are stupidly overpriced ... Sorry, but a book that came out in the 80s, then was reissued at 3.99 a few years back, should not be priced at 9.99 for an ebook. But a lot of them are 5.99 or less.
Old May 2 2010, 11:53 PM   #22
JWolf
Commodore

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
I was browsing the iBooks app with my iPad and I see that there are lots of Trek eBooks there. So it looks like they may be back!
But have you noticed that thanks to Apple, the prices have gone up? They now cost the same as the paperback. And you cannot get discounts on them where you can at some bookstores for the paperback.

Apple is the one to blame for this.
Old May 3 2010, 12:06 AM   #23
jefferiestubes8
Commodore

available in eBook $9.99

Star Trek: Enterprise: Kobayashi Maru eBook. $7.99

(Part of Star Trek: Enterprise)
The Good That Men Do in eBook $7.99

Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many
eBook $7.99

Star Trek: Vanguard: Precipice eBook $7.99

many others
http://www.simonandschuster.com/search?term=star+trek

even on the bn.com site priced between $5.99 and $15.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Sta...USRI=star+trek
$11.99 eBook Price
Pub. Date: July 2005
and

Star Trek : The Next Generation: Genesis Force (Genesis Wave Series #4)
Star Trek by John Vornholt$15.99 eBook Price

Yeah that is not right.
$16. for an e-Book novel!?
It costs them nothing once it is in electronic e-Book form. No publishing small runs.
It can no longer be said that something is out-of-print for an e-Book....
jefferiestubes8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2010, 05:56 AM   #24
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

JWolf wrote: View Post
But have you noticed that thanks to Apple, the prices have gone up? They now cost the same as the paperback. And you cannot get discounts on them where you can at some bookstores for the paperback.

Apple is the one to blame for this.
As long as the ebooks don't cost MORE than the paperbacks, I really could give a damn.
Old May 3 2010, 06:07 AM   #25
ATimson
Rear Admiral

As long as the ebooks don't cost MORE than the paperbacks, I really could give a damn.
But they do cost more than the paperbacks; I can get the books in print for 25-33% off list at Borders with their weekly coupons. There's no equivalent discount on ebooks anymore.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 06:34 AM   #26
vegaslover62
Lieutenant Commander

Location: 2112 Rivendell, Xanadu. In the Lakeside Park Subdivisions on the beautiful Bacchus Plateau

Where's all the TREK EBOOKS at?

Hopefully at the end of that preposition.
vegaslover62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 10:01 PM   #27
crotig
Ensign

I just hope that with the advent of the ibooks store that the problems with ebook rights internationally get's sorted out so that those of us outside the US can buy the latest books as ebooks when they are released. I'm not an apple fan but if ibooks makes this happen I'll be happy. I do agree though the pricing is ridiculous.

It probably won't happen anytime soon though so I'll have to jump through the usual getting-a-parcel-delivered hoops for the most recent books.
crotig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2010, 12:37 AM   #28
JWolf
Commodore

Apple is not going to help with geo-restrictions. We will still have them and we will have higher priced Trek eBooks. Thanks for nothing Apple.
Old May 10 2010, 05:56 AM   #29
Rķu rķu, chķu
Fleet Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
But they do cost more than the paperbacks; I can get the books in print for 25-33% off list at Borders with their weekly coupons. There's no equivalent discount on ebooks anymore.
Hmm. Well in that case, I'll pay the premium for ebooks, via iBooks , since they're just too darn convenient.
Old May 11 2010, 04:19 AM   #30
JWolf
Commodore

ATimson wrote: View Post
Hmm. Well in that case, I'll pay the premium for ebooks, via iBooks , since they're just too darn convenient.
All I can sais why the heck do you want to try to screw up Star Trek eBooks for the rest of us? We want eBooks sold via iBooks to tank so maybe Apple will stop selling them. Then prices can hopefully get back to being realistic once again. You obviously do not care about being an adult. You just have to flaunt the fact that you are going to do this no matter the consequences and let the rest of us be damned. At least buy them from some other eBook shop, strip the DRM and then read via iBooks. At least it would not give any money to Apple for eBooks from the agency 5.