RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,695
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 529
Newest member: 713brianp27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old May 10 2010, 01:28 AM   #1
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Your Trek Series Viewing Experience: Random or Order

I find whenever I want to watch an episode or series, it's extremely hard to pick at random which episode I want to see. Unless it's a 2 parter that I'm really anxious to see, I find myself staring at the shelf wondering which series/episode/season I should see and it doesn't really go anywhere. Because of this, I think I've decided that I need to watch a series in order, especially the bad episodes. (Don't really like skipping that much even though I've done it)

So this begs the question. You have DVDs, you're in the mood to watch Star Trek. Do you decide on just a random episode (And how do you choose with so many to choose from) or just say this is where I left off, I'm in the mood for this kind of series, so I'm going to just watch the next one.
Old May 10 2010, 01:48 AM   #2
SFRabid
Commodore

Re: Your Trek Series Viewing Experience: Random or Order

With tos and tas it does not matter. For the most part the other series needs to be in order. If I choose random in those it is stand alone material. Last random for me was Mirror Darkly.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2010, 02:02 AM   #3
Arix
Lieutenant Commander

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I find whenever I want to watch an episode or series, it's extremely hard to pick at random which episode I want to see. Unless it's a 2 parter that I'm really anxious to see, I find myself staring at the shelf wondering which series/episode/season I should see and it doesn't really go anywhere. Because of this, I think I've decided that I need to watch a series in order, especially the bad episodes. (Don't really like skipping that much even though I've done it)

So this begs the question. You have DVDs, you're in the mood to watch Star Trek. Do you decide on just a random episode (And how do you choose with so many to choose from) or just say this is where I left off, I'm in the mood for this kind of series, so I'm going to just watch the next one.
I have the exact same problem! I think to myself 'oooh, I feel like watching some Trek' but thats as far as I go, because I end up trying to decide which series, and then which season, and then which episode...

In the past, when I knew which series I wanted to watch, I'd often pick a season at random (sometimes involving dice rolls, or asking a family member to 'pick a number between 1 and 7'), and then I'll pick which disc at random (using the same method). But more often I'll just start watching a series from the beginning and then before I know it I'm rewatching all of it.
Old May 10 2010, 03:38 AM   #4
Luther Sloan
Captain

When I do random viewings it is primarily from one of the following mostly...

Deep Space Nine Season's 4-7
Voyager Season's 4-7
Enterprise Season 1-4

When I do a viewing order it is this...

Last edited by Luther Sloan; May 10 2010 at 08:42 PM.
Luther Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote