TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old April 25 2010, 12:33 AM   #451
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile
Re: Whatever happened to Starship Exeter?

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I still think we should start a pool on whether the final act of Exeter or The Last Dangerous Visions comes out first.
Maybe we should include Schubert's Unfinished Symphony in that bet...
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2010, 02:22 AM   #452
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

I'd be willing to bet they'll beat out the completion of the pilot episode of Star Trek: Roddenbury...
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25 2010, 09:23 PM   #453
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I still think we should start a pool on whether the final act of Exeter or The Last Dangerous Visions comes out first.
Maybe we should include Schubert's Unfinished Symphony in that bet...
I think the last time I mentioned it, I included the final issue of Planetary-- and that actually came out!
Old May 6 2010, 07:41 AM   #454
Zeppster
Commodore

Does this show even exist anymore? Is there anyone working on it? It's been almost 2 years since the last release of it.
Old May 6 2010, 12:53 PM   #455
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

Zeppster, people who were associated with the production say the work done after the shoot is still being worked on. Realize that most European cathedrals took many generations to complete. That is why I always use any questions on this thread as an invitation for me to remind people that over 350 Star Trek Fan Films have been released. Over 40 separate producers have produced dramas, and there are more that have produced comedies and shorts. I invite anyone frustrated about this fan film to do what I did... watch some of the others.
Old May 6 2010, 04:56 PM   #456
Captain Robert April
Vice Admiral

Location: In selfless service to fandom, on the road to becoming a Star Trek trivia god...

If they're already at a rough cut stage, then maybe it's time somebody decided on a hard-and-fast release date, and on that date, release what they've got, regardless of how "imperfect" it may be.

I think we're fast approaching the point where by the time this thing meets Jimm's standards, nobody's gonna give a shit anymore.
Captain Robert April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 05:34 PM   #457
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

I dunno. It seemed to me that a lot of people crapped on Phase 2 recently because of the sound quality of Blood and Fire 2's third and fourth act.

Frankly, I recommend everyone watch Exeter's "Tressaurian" episode. Having seen much of what's out there, there's no doubt in my mind that it is superior to 90% of everything else. So, it's not completed. Well, deal with it.

Having only recently begun work on our fan film, I'm now getting a reality check on many things. Landlords who not only double but quadruple the rate they originally quoted you. Actors who agree to show up at a certain time and wander in thirty minutes later than everyone else. An electrician who volunteered to run some lighting for us for free if we provided the lights (I still have the lights on the carport in their boxes). A bout of pneumonia that sidelined our production for two weeks. An applique that worked great for three weeks and then curled up as the adhesive dried out.

"Tressaurian" will be done when it's done. And if it isn't ever done because Jimm wants it to be perfect, that's his choice to make. Not ours for him.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 05:50 PM   #458
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

Good point, Potemkin. I left out Part II of what I usually say. All Fan Films are a Gift of Trek from your fellow fans, produced absolutely unselfishly. The right response isn't to 'get tough' with the gift giver who owes you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and has nothing to apologize for even if he or she decides to never finish his or her film. The right response is, "Thank you."
Old May 6 2010, 06:28 PM   #459
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
If they're already at a rough cut stage, then maybe it's time somebody decided on a hard-and-fast release date, and on that date, release what they've got, regardless of how "imperfect" it may be.
Or they could just release it when they're damn well good and ready to.

Honestly, I don't get this impatience from people. It's free, it's obviously quality work, what's the big deal about waiting a little longer? Dennis has already indicated that release of the final act can't be that far away, so who cares if it's another week, another month?
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 06:29 PM   #460
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post

"Tressaurian" will be done when it's done. And if it isn't ever done because Jimm wants it to be perfect, that's his choice to make. Not ours for him.
Precisely.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 08:31 PM   #461
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

doubleohfive wrote: View Post
Potemkin_Prod wrote: View Post

Precisely.
Well said.
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 09:10 PM   #462
MauriceNavidad
Vice Admiral

View MauriceNavidad's Twitter Profile

It's father away than a month...for sure. Even when the edit gets finished it has to be scored.
MauriceNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2010, 09:48 PM   #463
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

TTI will be ready when it's ready. I have other things to occupy my time until it is completed.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2010, 02:34 AM   #464
xortex
Commodore

If they're waiting for it to be perfect, they got a long wait.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2010, 06:13 AM   #465
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Captain Robert April wrote: View Post
No.

Next.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote