New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old April 18 2010, 05:37 AM   #256
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: The Terminator Chronicles: Second Chance

Because of her new life as a hybrid between man and machine, Allison Young had been given advancements that humans could only dream of. Her hearing was more advanced than that of a dog and she could hear things that were miles away like they were mere feet from her. Her sense of smell was enhanced so well that even the faintest flower still was as fragrant as a bouquet. If she wanted to run then she could run like a rabbit at speeds that mortal man could never reach. Her vision was just as great. Through the advancements she could see every spectrum, normal, even the heat radiating from the bodies. They adapted, changed to every imaginable change in the spectrum without being prompted even at times. It was amazing.

So she stared as the naked form of the T-800 began to disintegrate before her in the distance. Had she still been human she’d never be able to watch as the continuum took it away on its mission. It was disgustingly beautiful as the energy flowed around them. The sphere flickered to life amid the spinning probe. Electricity began to spray outward and dance through the room. The electrical hum rose nearly impossible levels in the blink of an eye. Then the sphere contracted backward. The T-800 condensed inside the hollow sphere until both it and the ball of energy were gone. Allison’s eyes depolarized with the change it light allowing her to return to some semblance of normalcy.

Gently she held her hand among his own taking special care not to accidentally crush his fragile hand amid the strength of her own. He hadn’t watched as the assassin went back through time toward its destiny and with good reason. The machine was being sent back to hunt his mother and one of John’s oldest friends from the war. Conceivably John would’ve known the truth all along about everything including about Kyle Reese and his mission. He probably thought that Skynet had been the source only to now realize he’d been the one that sent the Cyborg back through time. She held him tightly.

“Are you alright?”

The General turned his head toward hers and looked at her with love in his eyes. She saw the faint outline of his tears waiting to drop beneath at the discovery of his truth. With her free hand she brushed one aside as the other fell down his cheek. He didn’t need to answer her question for her to know everything about him. Just through the look she knew more than any of the others. The eyes were windows to the soul and John’s eyes just told her everything that he’d kept from them.

“I’m sorry about your father.”

Her optics outlined the tightening of muscles in both John’s face and neck. She heard him swallow as he gently answered her in a whisper, “Thank you.”

“General, our people are reporting that Skynet has an inbound troop transport coming in. ETA ten minutes. We’re gonna need to get our asses out of here,” Perry said talking into his headset. “We’re not exactly among friends anymore.”

She closed her hands around John’s. “We can use the emergency escape trunk. It’ll take us to the sewer system and we can get out of here before Skynet lands. Savannah, sound the evacuation.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” John interrupted them all.

Justin Perry joined his CO, “You can’t be serious? You’re going to surrender?”

“There’s no surrender, General, but I’m going to even the playing field a bit,” he said looking at the transporter. “We came here to destroy the ultimate weapon, well we’re going to use it one last time against the machines. I’m going back in time to the point where I left from. I’m going to hunt Skynet and I’m going to tear it to pieces.”

Allison grabbed his arm, “John you have to come with us. We need you and your leadership!”

“The Resistance will be fine,” he looked among the group, “as long as it has all of you.” He walked over to Catherine Weaver still at the operations panel, “Especially her. In another life I asked you to join us. The offer still stands, but with a new purpose. Catherine, please, I want you to replace me.”

Perry stepped forward, “NO! We’ll never take orders from…”

John raised his hand to silence his second, “That’s enough. Catherine might not be the ideal leader of the human resistance against the machines, but she knows more about Skynet and its abilities than anyone else ever could. Justin, she’s the leader that we need right now. With her here and me in yesterday the war could be won. We’ll have a new world. Trust her.”

“And what about you? What makes you think anyone will ever listen to that bitch?”

For a second John broke the grip that Allison had on his hand and walked over to the changeling. He smiled a boyish grin at her as he took her hand in his own, “They’re your team now, General Connor, win this war.”

With her Scottish brogue still thick on her lips she nodded, “Yes Sir.” Before them all the woman shimmered away and was replaced by a being of pure silver. Then the shape contorted and changed until a perfect replica of John Connor stood holding his doppelganger’s hand.

The two nodded in agreement and the real Connor looked around the room. “It’s been a pleasure serving with all of you. I hope that we get to meet each other again some day when Skynet no longer is a threat to any of us. Skynet told me that there are over one million humans still alive on this planet. Find them, rescue them, and bring them to salvation. Most importantly though is this: you must defeat Skynet once and for all. There are no more do overs, no more mystical saves, you need to capture and destroy the Los Angeles processor. Those are my final orders. Now get the hell out of here before Skynet finds you.”

Connor looked to the changeling replica, “Set up the transporter to deliver me to the past, General Connor.”

The perfect replica nodded, “I had a feeling that you’d want to go back there so I was already running the calculations. You shouldn’t have much trouble operating the equipment. There’s a time delay, pardon the pun, so you should have all the time that you need for your travel.”

The real General extended his hand to the machine, “Thank you for everything. My mother was wrong, you’re not a Terminator Bitch.”

“Well right now I think Terminator Bastard would be more apt since I look like you,” teased the other, “but minutia grows tiring after a while. Watch your back.”

“I will,” he took another deep breath and turned toward the transporter. “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For thou art with me…”

“Yes I am,” announced Allison Young matter-of-factly. “I’m going with you.”

John turned back in surprise and just watched her amazing beauty in the chamber. He walked down the stairs back to her and rested his hands on her biceps, “You don’t have to. These people need you more…”

“You need me more,” she said with passionate emotion underlying her words. “You need someone who’s always going to have your back, who knows the future that’s coming, and can help you to beat the machines once and for all. John, you need me to go with you because I can’t lose you again.”

Gently he leaned in and kissed her on the lips letting all of his passion, his desire, his love for her to flow through him and into her body. If it could the intensity would’ve driven the mechanical from her body and left her only with the loving human side behind. He held her comfortably in his arms wishing that he could do so forever, but they didn’t have forever anymore. They had seconds before the world would come crashing down upon them. He broke away and looked at her, staring into her brown eyes wondering what lay behind them. John brushed a strand of hair away from her eyes; she traced the scar from the T-800 that lined his cheek. They held each other for what felt like an eternity.

“General,” it was Savannah this time, “Sir, Skynet has landed a troop transport and it’s begun sending out ground assault teams.”

John looked at Allison as he held her, “They’re going to need a tactician if they’re going to survive.”

“They have one,” countered the hybrid. “My sister knows a thing or two about a good plan. Even when she improvises one.”

“I’m not going to win this one am I?” Connor asked. “Even if I order you to stay?”

Allison grinned as he held her, “As far as I see it if you take me you win anyway.”

General John Connor of the Human Resistance broke their hold and walked away from the woman that he loved. He stepped out onto the platform and then turned back to her, watching as she stood there with tears welling in her eyes. He’d made his choice and he’d have to live with it. The General extended his hand toward her open for her to take his hand into her own once more. “Let’s go soldier,” he called out to her, “We’ve got to go save the world.”

Together Allison Young and John Connor stepped onto the transporter platform and looked out at their friends as they raced off to escape from the Skynet assault. Kneeling together they watched as the electricity arced around them, enveloping them in tranquil warmth. Together they would face their greatest trial never forgetting their humanity.
Old April 18 2010, 05:41 AM   #257
nx1701g
Admiral

Little background music:

For the final chapter:
Old April 18 2010, 05:45 AM   #258
nx1701g
Admiral

Chapter: 20
Characters: John Connor, John Henry, Justin Perry, Kyle Reese, T-600, T-800, The Terminator, Catherine Weaver, Savannah Weaver, Allison Young
Pages: 30
Paragraphs: 136
Words: 15,813
Old April 18 2010, 05:50 AM   #259
nx1701g
Admiral

After several months of work I'm pleased to report that my final chapter for the Terminator Chronicles saga has come to a close. It's been a lot of fun and I want to thank each of the people who have read this for sticking with it during my strange posting schedule. I had never intended for this to be this long and for there to have been so many waits for the pay off, but I hope that each of you enjoyed what I had to say and what came of the story. I know that I took some chances with the final chapters that many of you may not have agreed with, but I hope that you enjoyed it all the same.

At the moment I am not planning on continuing any further with the story. I may, however, post a brief epilogue next week if I get the time. It won't be like the previous chapters and will be quick and to the point in a sense. If I do do it it'll be up next weekend and will have the definitive conclusion to my part of the story.

I hope that you enjoy the final chapter.
Old April 19 2010, 07:52 PM   #260
The Badger
Fleet Captain

An enjoyable and satisfactory conclusion, with a killer (no pun intended!) twist.
The Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19 2010, 08:37 PM   #261
Mistral
Vice Admiral

That was a very well thought out ending. You surprised me here and there along the way. Thanks for writing this. Pity the network wouldn't give the show a chance to tell this tale-but they would have foolishly overlooked your great finale tale, anyway, mores the pity.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20 2010, 07:36 AM   #262
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Wow that was epic and in the tradition of the franchise I think as well...satisfying conclusion IMO. Well done NX your work is greatly appreciated I believe.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2010, 08:22 PM   #263
Dr Lobster
Cadet

NX,
I found your story by accident a few months back searching google for something SCC related. This was truely amazing and had me glued to the computer. You are obviously a huge fan of the show, and I loved all of the tie ins to episodes in both seasons, especially Dungeons & Dragons.

Have you contacted anyone regarding a straight to DVD movie revolving around this timeline?? I know Thomas Dekker was on Youtube about the cancelation of the series, and he had been pushing producers to continue on in some way. You might be able to contact him via Youtube. I think everyone that was involved in the series should read this. I felt so let down with the way season two, and the series, ended, but was pulled right back into it all with your genious continuation. Even the tie in to Ashcroft and the events of Salvation was awesome. You are an epic storyteller and I am now going to read your other Terminator stories.

Thanks for keeping this going, and I look forward to the epilogue.
Dr Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2010, 03:19 AM   #264
NX74205
Captain

in a word...amazing....Your Terminator story was everything that Salvation was not... I truly enjoyed your addition.
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2010, 04:09 AM   #265
nx1701g
Admiral

NX74205 wrote: View Post
in a word...amazing....Your Terminator story was everything that Salvation was not... I truly enjoyed your addition.
Thank you. I appreciate the kind words regarding my work on this story. It took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I enjoyed working on this. It provided a much needed diversion. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Though, I have to admit, I took a lot of inspiration from Salvation when writing this. The hybrids I use are inspired directly by Marcus from the film and, for Terminator expanded universe readers, the T(S)-300 series. The human converts having chips implanted into their brains are based on the I-950s and the UniSOLs.

Last edited by nx1701g; May 1 2010 at 04:21 AM.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2010, 04:14 AM   #266
nx1701g
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Wow that was epic and in the tradition of the franchise I think as well...satisfying conclusion IMO. Well done NX your work is greatly appreciated I believe.
Thank you too. I wanted to take the story in a new direction and I think that it would be interesting to explore the new John that I created in the future. I'm not closing the door on what I've done and may return in the future to the Terminator saga to write another story. How would John deal with having Allison in his life? How will he cope with being the one that sent the Terminator after his father? How would his mother take it and how would he tell her? All great questions that, perhaps, I'll answer one day.
Old May 1 2010, 04:16 AM   #267
nx1701g
Admiral

Mistral wrote: View Post
That was a very well thought out ending. You surprised me here and there along the way. Thanks for writing this. Pity the network wouldn't give the show a chance to tell this tale-but they would have foolishly overlooked your great finale tale, anyway, mores the pity.

Thanks. I was worried a bit as I was writing the ending that people wouldn't like where I went with the story. A friend of mine read it before I posted it and he said that he felt it was dark even for the Terminator franchise - which is what made him like it even more.

As for the future: Thomas Dekker again claimed during an interview for Nightmare on Elm Street that there's talk again of a DVD movie. However, I don't have much hope for a future for the series sadly.
Old May 1 2010, 04:17 AM   #268
nx1701g
Admiral

The Badger wrote: View Post
An enjoyable and satisfactory conclusion, with a killer (no pun intended!) twist.
I'm glad that you liked it and I again thank you for the suggestions early in the story. They were very helpful.
Old May 1 2010, 04:28 AM   #269
nx1701g
Admiral

Dr Lobster wrote: View Post
NX,
I found your story by accident a few months back searching google for something SCC related. This was truely amazing and had me glued to the computer. You are obviously a huge fan of the show, and I loved all of the tie ins to episodes in both seasons, especially Dungeons & Dragons.
Thank you. I did a lot of research while writing this to keep it interesting and rooted in the lore of the series. Terminator Wiki's seen a lot of visits from me lately.

Have you contacted anyone regarding a straight to DVD movie revolving around this timeline?? I know Thomas Dekker was on Youtube about the cancelation of the series, and he had been pushing producers to continue on in some way. You might be able to contact him via Youtube. I think everyone that was involved in the series should read this. I felt so let down with the way season two, and the series, ended, but was pulled right back into it all with your genious continuation.
I have had contact with some of the people who worked on the show in the past because I know a few of them from previous work I've done. I was given some information on what was being planned for the future and, I have to admit, their ideas were much better (and I wish I'd have thought some of them up). I can't release some of the things they'd told me just incase they do get the DVD movie, but I think fans would enjoy it.

Even the tie in to Ashcroft and the events of Salvation was awesome.
The series finale of TSCC made that perfect. I honestly feel more that the final scenes of TSCC would've been the result had Ashdown launched the attack on Skynet Central.

You are an epic storyteller and I am now going to read your other Terminator stories.
Thank you. I have posted a couple others on this board and on Terminator Files. Remember though that several of the things that I posted in the earlier stories were during the run of TSCC and may have been contradicted later.

Thanks for keeping this going, and I look forward to the epilogue.
I'm still debating doing that at the moment. I love how I ended it with John and Allison going off into the unknown, but it isn't what I'd originally pictured in my head. If I do the epilogue it'd focus entirely on Sarah.
Old May 2 2010, 04:59 PM   #270
The Badger
Fleet Captain

I've just been re-reading those last bits and I think there's something I missed.

Kyle Reese went back to 1984 to save Sarah Connor, and (though it wasn't in his mission orders) father John Connor.

Realizing that a T-800 hadn't been sent to kill Sarah, and that one is necessary to ensure she believes Reese, John sends the Skynet Mission Commander back to 1984 with orders to kill her.

John and Allison then travel back to his own time to destroy Skynet before it is built.

OK, I get that, but perhaps I'm being a bit thick. Where, and when, did John Henry go to?
The Badger is offline   Reply With Quote