MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old April 19 2010, 03:44 AM   #226
Evil Person
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Well they should give people who dont pay monthly limited acces, like only 2 ships, and stuff like that, and also i know a game like this one, though it is not 3d i play it for free and i never payed for it, it just gives me limited acces and it is an internet game, it is called star sonata
Old April 19 2010, 03:49 AM   #227
Kaziarl
Commodore

YOU may not pay money, but I am sure there is some part of the game that earns the company that produced it money. In fact I've seen several of those "Free" online games that are designed to push as many of their customers into buying advantages in game. Personally, I'd prefer a flat monthly fee over someone being able to buy their way to being a better player.

Not saying Star Sonata is like that, as I have no experience, but many many online games that had potential end up going that route, and in some cases loose all business credibility because they sacrifice their morals and ethics.
Old April 19 2010, 04:01 AM   #228
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Kaziarl wrote: View Post
Evil Person wrote: View Post
Indeed, it is terrible, and i probibly would need to be pulled from my computer if i got this then, becuase i am a hard core gamer, though i hope i will get a new computer soon, so yah....Now did they change it so you dont have to pay monthly fee's are do you still have to? And if they changed it, do you get limited acces to the game, or full acces if you dont pay monthly?
I don't think that will ever change, sorry. Subscriptions are the bread and butter of most MMOs, and as much as we'd like them to be free it's really not feasible.
I've heard that DC Universe Online may go the free route but make up for that by releasing expansion packs frequently. Don't know if that's true though. Just something I overheard a guy at Gamestop saying to a friend of his. I suppose that rumor isn't worth jack shit but...
Old April 19 2010, 06:37 AM   #229
judge alba
senior street judge

just finished 'the big dig'. dam was that a hard slog. hopefully in the next week or so I can get to captain
Firm as a mountain.
Strike as powerful as thunder.
Old April 19 2010, 08:37 AM   #230
Rincewiend
Vice Admiral

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Indeed, it is terrible, and i probibly would need to be pulled from my computer if i got this then, becuase i am a hard core gamer, though i hope i will get a new computer soon, so yah....Now did they change it so you dont have to pay monthly fee's are do you still have to? And if they changed it, do you get limited acces to the game, or full acces if you dont pay monthly?
I don't think that will ever change, sorry. Subscriptions are the bread and butter of most MMOs, and as much as we'd like them to be free it's really not feasible.
I've heard that DC Universe Online may go the free route but make up for that by releasing expansion packs frequently. Don't know if that's true though. Just something I overheard a guy at Gamestop saying to a friend of his. I suppose that rumor isn't worth jack shit but...
So the Guildwars model...
Old April 20 2010, 01:18 AM   #231
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Off topic - But yes, it's confirmed that DCUO is going to go on the 'Free2Play' model (which is anything but, as it means they'll charge you for EVERYTHING else with regard top costumes, new powers, ANY no content, large or small, etc.) And in game support will most likely be non existent, with the excuse - "Hey, it's not like we're charging you, right?"
Old April 20 2010, 01:56 AM   #232
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I bought my copy yesterday for 29.99 at Gamestop. I guess it was on sale because the price tag said 49.99. I haven't installed it yet because my current computer is crap. I have ordered a new computer but it won't come until next next week. I got the computer for a reasonable price and it has a good processor and a shitload of memory so I should be able to play with ease. My game came with an exclusive, the classic Constitution Class Starship. Do I get the Connie right off the bat or do I have to earn it later on?
You'll get it right off the bat.

But first you will have to go to the C-store, then look under the special unlock tab, then click on the Connie and accept it, then go into inventory, right click on the Connie, and click apply. After that when you get to Earth Spacedock you have to go to the shipyard, go to the console for selecting your ship and switch from the ship you start with to the Connie.
Old April 20 2010, 07:42 PM   #233
The
Rear Admiral

View The's Twitter Profile

U.S.S. Prometheus
  • Captain Ozzy Baxter (Mondasian)
    First Officer / Chief Engineer Ibol "Gravy" Gravitesseree (Bolian)
    Tactical Chief Vala Cannabis (Bajoran)
    Science Officer Belladonna Petra (Human)
    Assistant Engineer Miles Nogson (Ferengi)

U.S.S. Stringfellow
  • Captain Pau'Saavika (Vulcan)
    First Officer / Science Officer Lt. Cmdr. Maread Celticao (Trill)
    Chief Engineer J'onn J'onais (Bolian)
    Tactical Officer Lt. Cmdr. Dorn (Klingon)
    Security Officer / Secondary Tactical Officer Vaylor (Vulcan)
    Counselor Lady Malvana (Andorian)
    Assistant Engineer Seth McAlister (Human)

Old April 21 2010, 01:40 AM   #234
J. Allen
Has All New Cheap Moves

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

The USS Nimbus III shows a Majestic battleship what happens when a Constitution class starship carries Admiral level weapons and shields.
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
Old April 22 2010, 01:52 PM   #235
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

^^I love those Ghostbuster II goo coloured systems...

My jaw still drops when i enter some of these systems, they are just amazing to behold.

"Everybody remember where we parked"

"Keep pedaling everybody, nearly there, then its all downhill"

"Shields.........SHIELDS!!!!!"

"Nobody has ever made it through the great barrier"

Sybok "I say the danger is a illusion"
Kirk "So why are we going in the other direction"
Sybok" Erm.."

"You cant beat a bit of nebula's sunbathing"

Old April 23 2010, 08:11 PM   #236
Hennessy Badger
Fleet Captain

^ That last image is Ships of the Line calender worthy! Beautiful.
"Gene Roddenberry used to say that Star Trek is a way of saying that the way things are is not the way they have to be. It's about imagining other possibilities, better possibilities." - David Gerrold
Old May 2 2010, 11:17 AM   #237
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

Wearing my new TOS style uniform

Old May 2 2010, 09:40 PM   #238
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

My custom uniform for my science officer Syusaza. Although you might see her wearing the original TOS uniform as well since they added that recently which is beyond cool! Plus she looks smoking hot in it.
Old May 3 2010, 06:11 PM   #239
starbuck
Commander

http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/...=1272906559929
Old May 3 2010, 10:14 PM   #240
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Starbuck you used the wrong code, you need to use the bottom one, the IMG one, that will show your pic in your post like below...just copy and paste the code into your post and that's it.

Good pic though, my bean and cabbage diet is paying off big time in it...
And how did you flip the pic, the badges are on the wrong side.....

Closed Thread