RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 394
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 14 2010, 07:24 PM   #1
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

BECK to be a live action movie

The popular manga and anime about an up and coming rock band is going to be a live action movie:

Based on a comic by: Harold SAKUISHI (Gorillaman)
Director: Yukihiko TSUTSUMI (20th Century Boy Series, Happily Ever After)
Starring: Hiro MIZUSHIMA (“Gokusen” TV series, “Mr.Brain” TV series, Love☆Com The Movie),Takeru SATO (Rookies - The Movie),
Shiori KUTSUNA (“Mei-chan’s Butler” TV series)
An ordinary high school student Koyuki is bored of his life style and have nothing much of a future. One day, Koyuki meets a gifted guitar player Ryosuke Minami (Hiro MIZUSHIMA) who has just come back from New York City.Ryosuke forms a rock band BECK (named after his dog’s name) with other talented musicians.
BECK
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2010, 10:18 PM   #2
knine
Commander

Re: BECK to be a live action movie

For a second, I was thinking you were talking about another "BECK".
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Dusty Ayres
Commodore

No, I was posting this news for the anime fans that are here on the board.
Dusty Ayres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14 2010, 10:43 PM   #4
FreezeC77
Commodore

I read some reports on the movie that they're reducing Koyuki's role and focusing more on Ryusuke(Hiro Mizushima). I don't really like that. I love the Koyuki/Maho relationship in the anime and then in the manga and I don't really see that having much focus if you're de-emphasizing Koyuki's role in the movie. Plus Maho is pretty awesome so anything which as a byproduct means less screen time for her sucks.

I've also watched about 5 or 6 dramas that Hiro Mizushima has been in and I'm not really sure how he'll be as Ryusuke. He has a tendency to severely overact and put your mind 'off' the show you're watching just by his performance IMO.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2010, 03:20 AM   #5
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

knine wrote: View Post
For a second, I was thinking you were talking about another "BECK".
Me too. Got my hopes up. Every week, Mythbusters tries out a new way to horribly murder Glenn Beck. License to print money.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15 2010, 04:05 AM   #6
zakkrusz
Rear Admiral

Well, I thought the music in BECK was a bit better than Beck's...if that sentence makes any sense. Well, the English version, anyway. The original songs are good, but they're in Japanese accented English. The dub redid the songs with native speakers. I usually don't approve of this but it worked with this series.

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
I read some reports on the movie that they're reducing Koyuki's role and focusing more on Ryusuke(Hiro Mizushima). I don't really like that. I love the Koyuki/Maho relationship in the anime and then in the manga and I don't really see that having much focus if you're de-emphasizing Koyuki's role in the movie. Plus Maho is pretty awesome so anything which as a byproduct means less screen time for her sucks.
Yeah, that would be quite disappointing if true. Their relationship was the best part of the show. Also hopefully the actors they get can actually play the various instruments.

Last edited by zakkrusz; April 15 2010 at 04:33 AM.
zakkrusz is offline   Reply With Quote