Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 12 2010, 06:38 PM   #31
Aeon
Commander

Re: Watching Farscape lately...

I don't know about fascinating, but she was hot though.
Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2010, 06:39 PM   #32
Checkmate
Commodore

The only thing I really liked about Sikozu was the acting. Like Chiana, she really moved in an alien way, especially the way she looked at people.
Checkmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12 2010, 06:42 PM   #33
RoJoHen
Awesome

Checkmate wrote: View Post
The only thing I really liked about Sikozu was the acting. Like Chiana, she really moved in an alien way, especially the way she looked at people.
Very true. Even if you don't like the character, you gotta give the girl credit for the way she was played.
Old April 12 2010, 08:26 PM   #34
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

People consider "The Locket" one of the worst episodes? Really? That amazes me. It was one of my favorites, and one of maybe three that actually ripped a tear from my eyes.
I thought people consider The Locket one of the best episodes of the series. It was difinately a great episode, and one of my favorites. I also liked Prefect Murder too (After rewatching it and realizing that it wasn't that bad) so go figure.

I love Farscape. It's my favorite Scifi show ever with some awesome characters and epic stories.

I do wonder, what is considered Farscape's best episode? I don't mean trilogy, like Liars Guns and Money or Into the Lions Den, but jsut plain episode. I say The Way we Weren't, which is classic character development and emotional moment as you can get on this series. It was Farscape's Visitor/The Inner Light.
Old April 12 2010, 08:36 PM   #35
RoJoHen
Awesome

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I say The Way we Weren't, which is classic character development and emotional moment as you can get on this series.
It's definitely up there, though for me it's got to be one of the season finales, probably "Family Ties" from Season 1.
Old April 12 2010, 08:39 PM   #36
Can
Commander

Sikozu supposed to be arrogant , annoying and unlikable. That was the way she was written. I accepted her the way she was. None of these characters supposed to be saints after all. If Farscape went beyond Season 4 maybe she would experience more character growth and development to someone sympethic like Crais became in Season 3. We will never know.

The Locket was pretty standart stand alone episode of Season 2. Quite decent in writing/acting mostly. Drama was effective and not forced. Unfortunetely reset button at the end ruins it and makes this episode all too much "stand alone" without any after effects...I mean this could be easily "Clues" episode of Star Trek TNG and if you rip off another episode of another series so blantly it means you are in trouble in creative department.

As for favorite episode there are so many of them. "A Human Reaction" "Crackers Don't.." , "The Way we weren't" , "Out of their minds" , "Season of Death" etc. There are several favorite episodes for me not one episode...
Old April 12 2010, 08:41 PM   #37
RoJoHen
Awesome

Can wrote: View Post

The Locket was pretty standart stand alone episode of Season 2. Quite decent in writing/acting mostly. Drama was effective and not forced. Unfortunetely reset button at the end ruins it and makes this episode all too much "stand alone" without any after effects...I mean this could be easily "Clues" episode of Star Trek TNG and if you rip off another episode of another series so blantly it means you are in trouble in creative department.
I wouldn't say it had no consequences. Old Man Crichton popped up again Season 3.
Old April 12 2010, 08:49 PM   #38
Aeon
Commander

People consider "The Locket" one of the worst episodes? Really? That amazes me. It was one of my favorites, and one of maybe three that actually ripped a tear from my eyes.
I thought people consider The Locket one of the best episodes of the series. It was difinately a great episode, and one of my favorites.
There is only one thing that really annoys me in this episode and it's the ending. The writers push the reset button and neither John or Aeryn remember what happened between them. Frustrating!
Old April 12 2010, 08:49 PM   #39
RoJoHen
Awesome

Aeon wrote: View Post
I thought people consider The Locket one of the best episodes of the series. It was difinately a great episode, and one of my favorites.
There is only one thing that really annoys me in this episode and it's the ending. The writers push the reset button and neither John or Aeryn remember what happened between them. Frustrating!
Except maybe they do!
Old April 12 2010, 08:52 PM   #40
Aeon
Commander

Well, it's obvious that they have a really strong feeling that something important happened between them. I suppose that counts for something.
Old April 12 2010, 11:26 PM   #41
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

[QUOTE=tomalak301;3991471]

I do wonder, what is considered Farscape's best episode? I don't mean trilogy, like Liars Guns and Money or Into the Lions Den, but jsut plain episode. I say The Way we Weren't, which is classic character development and emotional moment as you can get on this series. It was Farscape's Visitor/The Inner Light.

Most of Farscape's high points were 2 or 3 parters. As far as stand alones go I'm partial to "The Way We Weren't" and "Crackers Don't Matter"
Old April 12 2010, 11:30 PM   #42
LitmusDragon
Commodore

I just finished watching the A&E set for the first time a couple of months ago. What a great ride. I'd place Farscape in my top 5 sci-fi series for sure.

In regards to certain episodes people have mentioned already, I thought taking the stone was OK, The Locket was great, and I actually didn't mind A Perfect Murder. I had to go back and double-check afterwards "oh, and this is the one everyone hates?" and yes, it was. I liked the mind-bending use of partial reveals in the first third. It was not a GREAT episode though, no. It was merely OK.

I thought the biggest stumble in the series was the very end (last ten minutes) of season 3 and the beginning of season 4. There didn't really seem to be any reason for everyone to take off in separate directions. Or if there WAS some reason, I totally missed it. I've kind-of blocked the first three episodes of Season 4 out of my mind but I remember not liking them very much. As has already been mentioned though it does right itself about halfway through the season and the conclusion was very good.

One other thing I will mention- the video quality in S4 takes a hit due to the episodes being in widescreen but having the same number of episodes per disc. People with the Starburst sets are lucky in this respect. I'm sure their S4 looks better than mine.
Old April 12 2010, 11:34 PM   #43
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

Crackers Don't Matter, ...Different Destinations, and Revenging Angel are my picks for best individual episodes.

Can wrote: View Post
I only regard two other series in same level with Farscape. Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica. They have different thames , plots , messages of course. But about orginality in sci-fi those three series are perfection for me.
I agree, Farscape, B5 and nuBSG are the holy trinity of sci-fi tv to me. Firefly would be up there as well if it had lasted longer.
Old April 13 2010, 12:06 AM   #44
The Squire of Gothos
Rear Admiral

Ah Farscape, with all those lovely Australian ladies

There was something about the series that evoked the sense of adventure of so many of the silly space opera books I read as a kid. I tire of science fiction that has to have some sort of a space navy or United Nations of planets. I'm not really taken off planet by it all.

One guy, out of his depth, suddenly finding strange friends and coming out on top. I like it, especially when the characters are so likeable and the settings are so lush and bizarre. Everything was just conceived so very well, I just can't not like it
Old April 13 2010, 12:25 AM   #45
Kegg
Rear Admiral

"The Locket" was an episode fans of the show insisted was one of the best when I watched a handful of episodes. That characterisation actually turned me off the series, really.

I can definitely see why people would like it, but I tended to compartmentalize those that did as being big fans of the John/Aeryn relationship and its soapy implications (I was more moderate on the whole thing, really, though it does have its strengths and Browder and Black had good chemistry).