TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old April 7 2010, 12:15 PM   #31
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Captain Ice wrote: View Post
^No.

Screwed up the date for keeper selection and had another commitment on draft day. Autodraft did pretty good by me though. Only really screwed up two positions and I really can't blame it for selecting Joe Nathan. My second baseman though.....
Might wanna get on that again, you still haven't done anything with the team, and Coaster added a co-owner because of it. Gotta either start doing something, even if only weekly, or let him know...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2010, 12:36 AM   #32
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Red nosed and loving it

For some reason, it won't let me add players to my roster. It let me add one when I put Nathan on the DL, but when I dropped Kevin Gregg to add another starter, it won't let me add the starter.

RIP Dad Apr 22, 1942 - Dec 2, 2011

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11 2010, 04:57 AM   #33
Red nosed and loving it

Anyone have an extra closer or catcher they might be interested in trading?

Old April 12 2010, 03:30 PM   #34
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Captain Ice wrote: View Post
Anyone have an extra closer or catcher they might be interested in trading?
Sorry, can't help with either of those positions. One of the problems with autopick is that it can't adjust for what others are doing and closers went early in our draft. They went so early it threw me off my plan to lock up decent closers early. Now I'm scrambling as well- one of my closers has already been demoted and I wouldn't be surprised if others get the boot as well. Never thought John Rauch would be my star closer.

I was lucky to finish the first week at 5-5. My team is still kind of in flux and I'm having a hard time deciding what adjustments to make. At least my Yahoo team is solid- that team kicked ass the first week.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16 2010, 04:30 AM   #35
Red nosed and loving it

Actually, since Neftali Perez and Kevin Gregg are now closers, I'm ok there. Still a little worried about Soto, but managed to grab Chris Snyder pretty fast when Montero went down so I'm covered there for a while.

Old April 28 2010, 01:48 AM   #36
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Wow, my team in the keeper league really sucked last week. Went 0-9-1 against McCosh Almighties. A tough opponent, but I wasn't expecting that result. Guess my team may need more than just some tweaking.
Old April 28 2010, 03:07 PM   #37
Scout101
Admiral

too early to say, really. Until they all get into the groove, weather gets nicer, etc. Hell, I haven't even gotten my starting 2B off the DL yet!
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old June 10 2010, 04:19 PM   #38
Scout101
Admiral

*moving this out of the MLB discussion*

Pegaritaville wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Glad I drafted Strasburg for my fantasy team
And now you have Pujols due in part to drafting him. Wish I would have had that foresight.
Yep, that worked out pretty good on my part. After about 50 trade proposals, finally found one that shook Pujols loose for me. After a crazy first start, was tempted to see where it goes with Strasburg (14 Ks, 0 walks!?!), but chance to get Pujols was too much to pass up!

Come on, a trade for the #1 overall player just happened, if that doesn't liven up the thread a little, what WILL? Maybe if I can get Coaster to trade me Utley?
Old June 12 2010, 01:27 AM   #39
Scout101
Admiral

nothing, huh?
Old June 21 2010, 05:46 PM   #40
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Kind of neat that you guys had a head-to-head match so soon after the big trade. Still too early to see who got the better end of the deal, though. It might end up being one of those rare trades where both sides benefit equally.

Right now, my TrekBBS team is wallowing in mediocrity and my Yahoo team is in shambles. I'm still trying to salvage the season, but part of me thinks I should concentrate on the up coming football season instead.
Old June 22 2010, 06:44 PM   #41
Scout101
Admiral

Like I said in the league itself, unfortunately, if I hadn't made the trade, I would have won 7-3 instead of losing 3-6-1. Howard and Strasburg combined for JUST enough stats over what Pujols gave me that it would have decided it for me. Still pretty sure i'll end up being fine with my choice.

Plus, there's the pure bragging/spite factor of being able to say I have the #1, #2, #3, and #5 ranked players in fantasy baseball all on my team (Pujols, Hanley, A-Rod, and Kemp).
Old June 29 2010, 01:18 AM   #42
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile

Speaking of Football season, if we're not doing the yearly league (Lack of interest like in the Baseball league) than can I be on a waiting list if anyone drops out of the keeper league. I would like to get back into something here but if it doesn't happen, well, that's that I guess.

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4 2010, 04:19 PM   #43
Deadpool
Fleet Captain

I need some fantasy league help, and since I`m not in this league, I figure I can get an impartial opinion

This dude offered me Cliff Lee, Troy Tulowitzki, and Ryan Doumit for Carlos Santana and Jon Lester. It`s a keeper league (Only 5 keepers) and we follow standard scoring categories

My Roster

Carlos Santana
Miguel Cabrera
Reid Brignac
José Bautista
José Reyes
Carlos Peña
Alcides Escobar
Adam Lind
David DeJesús
Justin Smoak
Aramis Ramirez
Neil Walker
Ryan Ludwick
David Ortiz

Brian Roberts and Carlos Beltran are on the DL.

Matt Garza
Brandon Morrow
Yovani Gallardo
Anibal Sánchez
Jon Lester
Francisco Cordero
Kerry Wood
Octavio Dotel
Madison Bumgarner
Brian Matusz
Mike Pelfrey
Johan Santana

He has

Miguel Montero
Troy Glaus
Rickie Weeks
Adrián Béltre
Elvis Andrus
Russell Branyan
Aaron Hill
Josh Willingham
José Guillén
Austin Jackson
Colby Rasmus
Kevin Frandsen
Michael Cuddyer
Sean Rodriguez
Ryan Doumit
Jason Heyward DL
Troy Tulowitzki DL

Matt Cain
Jaime García
Cliff Lee
Jeff Niemann
Jason Vargas
Bobby Jenks
Neftali Feliz
Joakim Soria
Trevor Cahill
Aaron Heilman

I figure Lee cancels out Lester (especially if Lee gets traded to the NL) and we can only keep players for 3 consecutive seasons. That brings us to Santana vs Tulo and Doumit. I like Tulo and I don`t know if I can count on Santana to produce next year. He might fall into the Russel Martin/Matt Wieters trap. I need an outside opinion. I also wanna see if I can steal Colby Rasmus, but I have no idea how I can pull that off. BTW, the other guy is a huge Red Sox fan.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19 2010, 05:33 PM   #44
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Thought I had finally beaten Scout in the Trek BBS keeper leauge, but now I see that instead of having the All-Star shortened week as a separate match, the stats are added to this week for one long match.
Old July 21 2010, 03:18 AM   #45
Scout101
Admiral

much happier with that, the AS break week was always a pet peeve of mine. You play only 3-4 days, and if you had any good pitchers, they just played in the game and might not start until the weekend or later...