Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old March 2 2010, 04:22 PM   #16
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Official TrekBBS Fantasy Baseball thread!

Still have 5 spots to fill for the yearly league, PM me your email address to get in!
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2010, 12:08 AM   #17
Scout101
Admiral

Any other takers? Draft is March 25th, a Thursday evening.

Keeper League draft is March 21st, if you were thinking about that last spot in that league. Keeper Selection deadline is the 15th, though, so really need to be onboard by then if you want to start with the guys you want...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
Old March 11 2010, 01:35 PM   #18
Scout101
Admiral

Still a few people short in the yearly Fantasy Baseball league. If anyone wants to play, let me know. Also, if anyone already IN the league has a friend that wants to join, shoot me their info and I'll send the invite. Not strictly a TrekBBS thing (although always offered here first), as I've got a friend at work that plays with us, and also played in the football league...
Old March 16 2010, 12:48 PM   #19
Scout101
Admiral

Last call for the yearly Fantasy Baseball league! Still need 5 people to play (have 7/12), and the draft is next Thursday, so if we don't fill it by the end of the week, will probably kill that league. Not like I don't have 2 others

The Keeper League is going strong, though, and you've all lost to me already, the system just hasn't caught up yet
Old March 19 2010, 02:01 AM   #20
Adm. Bonz
Rear Admiral

Sent you a pm
Adm. Bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19 2010, 12:36 PM   #21
Scout101
Admiral

Ok, down to needing 4 players. Any other last minute joins? Will probably kill this one on Monday or Tuesday if we don't have it filled by then...
Old March 21 2010, 07:20 PM   #22
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

So we've finally come to the point of lack of interest in a yearly Fantasy Baseball League for the Trekbbs? Tis a sad day I think. Yeah I know a lot of people here don't care about sports and stuff like that, but it seems like a lot of people who did either left, or have discontinued to post here, which I guess is the same thing.

I hope we do get 4 more people by the time of the draft, but now I don't know if we well. I don't know anyone personally who is interested, which is why I really haven't pursued it, and I try to keep my real life and internet life separate always. I remember though there was a time when there was a ton of interest but that has really dwindled in the last few years. I know life takes precedence, but if you have time to post here, than you have time to play Fantasy Baseball, which isn't that much anyway.

I would be interested in a Keeper League but I've always had a confusion/problem with it. If someone joins a keeper league kind of late in the game, doesn't that provide an unfair advantage. If everyone is keeping the stars, than someone who hasn't been in the league is left with the scrub players. Is it really that bad or am I off base here? Seems like it's too late to join any kind of Keeper league.
Old March 22 2010, 12:37 PM   #23
Scout101
Admiral

Think part of the problem is we've already got the keeper league, so most of the people that would play anyway are already in that one, and most aren't doing both. Either way, with only a couple days left and 4 spots to fill, I'm going to go ahead and kill the yearly league for this year. I've asked around everyone I can think of (we only got to 8 players because I had a work friend in it), just doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year.

As for the Keeper league question, you can only keep 6 players, so not as much of an advantage as you're thinking. The new owner would take over a team, not start from scratch, so he has his own roster to make picks from as well, plus gets first shot at anyone not kept, before the regular draft start. Either way, Coaster found a buddy to take the spot, so we're good for the time being.
Old March 22 2010, 09:19 PM   #24
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Seems like leagues have been harder to fill since the establishment of the Sports and Fitness forum. There's not the traffic here that there is in Miscellaneous. Oh well, I decided to join a public league on Yahoo instead.

Sure wish I hadn't gone into panic mode a couple of times during the keeper league draft. The time seemed to drag when others were picking, but when I was on the clock, the time seemed to fly by. My team's not a total disaster, but I could have done better.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2010, 01:37 AM   #25
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Well, maybe next year if someone bows out I might be able to get into the Keeper League?

Ok, maybe not but I really can't talk that much about fantasy Baseball here this year. I did join two leagues (One just basic on ESPN and the other for another board I post at on Yahoo) so I'm pretty good. Maybe I can get fantasy advice every so often? Hope it's a good year.
Old March 23 2010, 12:40 PM   #26
Scout101
Admiral

sure, you can be on the waiting list
Old March 23 2010, 12:40 PM   #27
Scout101
Admiral

actually, had one guy that didn't select keepers or show up for the draft, so that spot might open up sooner than you think...
Old March 29 2010, 03:19 AM   #28
Captain Ice
Baseball Fan

^No.

Screwed up the date for keeper selection and had another commitment on draft day. Autodraft did pretty good by me though. Only really screwed up two positions and I really can't blame it for selecting Joe Nathan. My second baseman though.....

RIP Dad Apr 22, 1942 - Dec 2, 2011

Captain Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2010, 12:41 PM   #29
Scout101
Admiral

Good to hear, thought you'd quit on us. As a tip, though, should always go in over the winter and select 'probable' keepers, that way if shit hits the fan, at least you've got something already in the system and don't lose any of your best players...
Old April 4 2010, 05:54 PM   #30
Pegaritaville
Vice Admiral

Just a reminder to get your rosters set.
Pegaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote