New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old March 15 2010, 12:40 PM   #391
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Fitness Checkin

I'm moving at the end of this week back to my college town. One thing that bugs me is the idea of finding a new gym. I am seriously considering sneaking into my college's rec center and work out there. I gave them enough money for tuition over the years. I should be able to use that place as long as I live!
Old March 17 2010, 01:30 PM   #392
RAMA
Vice Admiral

My partner and I are doing squats this week. I haven't done squats in years!

RAMA
Old March 17 2010, 01:30 PM   #393
RAMA
Vice Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I'm moving at the end of this week back to my college town. One thing that bugs me is the idea of finding a new gym. I am seriously considering sneaking into my college's rec center and work out there. I gave them enough money for tuition over the years. I should be able to use that place as long as I live!
You're moving AGAIN?
Old March 17 2010, 03:10 PM   #394
Nardpuncher
Rear Admiral

RAMA wrote: View Post
My partner and I are doing squats this week. I haven't done squats in years!

RAMA
Why so long without squatting?
Nardpuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2010, 03:16 PM   #395
Nardpuncher
Rear Admiral

That kind of stuff is always hard at first. One of the reasons I can never get into jogging is because it kills my shins.

I've never had swollen ankles before, though.
I used to get that too, but I stopped stretching before running ( walking 5 min, start jogging slowly is how I warm up) and no more shin pain, calf pain or lower back pain from running.
That was when I was 18, now I'm 36 (and 265lbs, about 18% fat) and still have yet to have any pain from running.
Though I only run about once per week. Other cardio other days.
Nardpuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2010, 04:35 PM   #396
O'Dib
Commodore

About 50 min. of walking uphill on the threadmill today, burned 600 cals.
Old March 17 2010, 04:44 PM   #397
RoJoHen
Awesome

RAMA wrote: View Post
You're moving AGAIN?
It is an unfortunate side-effect of going broke. I'm moving back to take back my old job.

Also, squats suck.
Old March 20 2010, 09:52 PM   #398
O'Dib
Commodore

750 cals in an hour today..
Old March 21 2010, 11:03 PM   #399
archeryguy1701
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to archeryguy1701

Had a pretty good running week. I only ended up missing 1 run due to some scheduling confusion, and I got my long day in today. Put in about 10.5 muddy miles, which felt pretty good after I got out of the 2mile headwind. I'm only up to about 18 miles for the week, but this is the longest week I've had in months. I think I'm going to finally get my ultramarathon in this summer if things will hold together.

Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six- Bill Adama
archeryguy1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2010, 05:59 PM   #400
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

My elliptical machine broke down last week, but it finally got fixed over the weekend (thanks to Dad's and brother-in-law's help). Still, I missed about five days of cardio exercise. At some point, I thought about walking in the park or just outside, since it was brighter and the weather was really nice, but I realized I didn't like the crowds, bicyclists, dog poop, traffic, etc. Now I'm slowly getting back to my routine.
Old March 29 2010, 03:01 AM   #401
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Got up the nerve to try out our condo's gym today. It's nothing big or fancy, but they have several cardio machines and weight machines. I managed to do about 45 mins on the elliptical which is pretty good considering how sedentary I've been.

It felt pretty awesome to be working out again, and I love being in the city and even just walking around more.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2010, 03:25 AM   #402
RoJoHen
Awesome

Now that my mentally-taxing move is over and my new kitchen is clean and actually usable, I can finally get back into a routine. The kitchen in my new place was fucking nasty. I feel like I should get part of the previous resident's security deposit for all the work I had to do (I had to use 3 cans of oven cleaner to get all the grease and dirt off the floor!).

Worked out tonight for the first time in 10 days, and tomorrow (in theory) I am going to wake up and go for a walk/jog/run/something. Now that the weather is getting better, I want to start every day with 15-20 minutes of cardio outside before I do anything else.

2010: The Year I Got Abs
Old March 30 2010, 08:32 PM   #403
J. Allen
[Snuggling Intensifies]

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

As of this morning I weigh 239 lbs (I weighed 255 lbs when I started this last month), which means my meal plan and exercise routine is working.
On a side note, my brother currently weighs something above 300 lbs. He's 2 inches taller than me, and 7 years younger. The reason I don't know how much over 300 lbs is because that's as high as my scale goes, and then it resets back to 0.
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1 2010, 09:46 PM   #404
RoJoHen
Awesome

Joined a new, way better gym yesterday, and I worked out for the first time there today. There is so much frickin equipment, and the plates are made of metal! So excited to get back into my routine after my move.
Old April 2 2010, 01:32 AM   #405
Kestra
Vice Admiral

It's been about a week and I've been eating fewer calories and have increased my activity level quite a bit. I didn't expect any sudden changes, but I weighed myself at the gym here and I weighed ten pounds more than I've ever weighed in my life! It was one of those doctor type scales, not digital. I don't know if that's what I really weigh, or what, but it was a little depressing.
Kestra is offline   Reply With Quote