TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old February 2 2010, 07:13 PM   #331
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Re: WIP - TMP Enterprise, deck by deck

I think I am nearing completion. For now.

I plan to work on a Locknar next, followed by an Excelsior.
Then I may revisit this ship with much more experience under my belt.

Someday, I certainly will have a much more detailed deck-by-deck ship, ideally one that could be used for rendering scenes (inside and out). That is beyond my abilities with this software at this time.

The Locknar design I work up next will be used by a Role Playing group, so I expect to learn a great deal more about theoretical functional use from that design (and also much more detail in that design).

Sorry I've not been making progress in the last week - we had windows replaced, significant home IT changeover, and a major snow storm (that wasn't supposed to be), so I didn't get to work on this as much as I had hoped. We are due for more snow this week/weekend, and nothing significant on my schedule, so I should be able to actually GET somewhere with it again soon.
Old February 2 2010, 07:28 PM   #332
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

^^^ Do you plan on doing the original FASA TOS style Loknar, or TMP-style refit?

Old February 2 2010, 11:49 PM   #333
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Variation on the TMP-style refit. It's going to be more of a TMP-era designed to meet the specs of the Locknar rather than a basic implementation of some "looks good" TMP-era Locknar. I started a thread on it a while ago, but it may have been pruned.
Old February 3 2010, 11:05 AM   #334
Mytran
Fleet Captain

That FASA TOS style Loknar has those wierd spikey bits on the back of the saucer. Why would anyone (in universe) design a starship that way?
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2010, 02:49 AM   #335
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

I made some good structural progress today, but I don't really have anything to show for it yet. For these last few decks, I'm going from the top down. I spent today working on the bridge dome and air-locks. Maybe I'll have some pics to post tomorrow evening.
Old February 22 2010, 05:16 AM   #336
Saquist
Commodore

Look forward to it.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28 2010, 12:48 PM   #337
Pauln6
Rear Admiral

CTM wrote: View Post
I made some good structural progress today, but I don't really have anything to show for it yet. For these last few decks, I'm going from the top down. I spent today working on the bridge dome and air-locks. Maybe I'll have some pics to post tomorrow evening.
I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished ship. It will be a really cool tool for any ST role playing game. The TMP Enterprise is the best by far.
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2010, 02:44 AM   #338
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

I got slammed by some urgent work stuff, but here's a sneak peak at the current state of the bridge exterior:

Old March 3 2010, 07:51 AM   #339
Mytran
Fleet Captain

That airlock is looking fine. Can't wait for more - silly real life getting in the way!
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3 2010, 04:17 PM   #340
Patrickivan
Fleet Captain

Sweet... Really looking forward to the bridge!

40 Years and ticking. Damn, that's too old fashioned.
40 years and still processing!
Patrickivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2010, 01:50 AM   #341
Saquist
Commodore

I got slammed by some urgent work stuff, but here's a sneak peak at the current state of the bridge exterior:

SA WEEEEEET.....oh that was worth the wait...
Old March 4 2010, 02:47 AM   #342
137th Gebirg
Rear Admiral

So will this be the TMP/TWOK/TSFS/TVH bridge or the newer TFF/TUC bridge? The exterior looks fantastic, BTW! Do you plan on skinning/texturing the overall exterior of the ship matching the original paint job?
Old March 4 2010, 03:35 AM   #343
CTM
Lieutenant Commander

Saquist - I'm still not happy with the joint along the side of the dome where the aft portion is supposed to merge smoothly into the forward surrounding edge. Glad you approve anyway. There is much detail left to add, but I didn't want to deprive folks of the current state of the project.

This is a solid object, I will carve out the space inside and build the bridge there, eventually.

137th Gebirg - I haven't decided. I rather like the TUC bridge from an actual operations standpoint, but I don't think it would fit in this "module" - this module is based on the TMP model - with two lifts in the rear. The TUC bridge would require the lifts approximately on the midline on the sides. I would build a specific bridge module for that particular design (and I may do just that). As for textures, that is beyond the capability of my AutoCAD. I can do some basic coloring (which I haven't yet on this object), but basically I'm doing Engineering Drawings, not Artistic Drawings.
Old March 4 2010, 03:49 AM   #344
Saquist
Commodore

Saquist - I'm still not happy with the joint along the side of the dome where the aft portion is supposed to merge smoothly into the forward surrounding edge. Glad you approve anyway. There is much detail left to add, but I didn't want to deprive folks of the current state of the project.

This is a solid object, I will carve out the space inside and build the bridge there, eventually.
Yeah this is even more of a challenge with 2000 at least 2007 has some additional tools to blend this better. I respect the work anyway. And know you have to carve this out...

If you could I would like to see some pics on that...may help me to see the process.
Old March 4 2010, 04:58 PM   #345
wjaspers
Lieutenant Commander

I rather like the TUC bridge from an actual operations standpoint, but I don't think it would fit in this "module" - this module is based on the TMP model - with two lifts in the rear. The TUC bridge would require the lifts approximately on the midline on the sides. I would build a specific bridge module for that particular design (and I may do just that).
All of the bridges, TMP, TVH, TFF, TUC, fit inside that module, no problems with the lifts.
wjaspers is offline   Reply With Quote