Trek Merchandise Sale
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Star Trek #39 Villain Revealed

Trek Big Bang Figures

Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Emily Blunt
Thumbs Up 60 69.77%
Thumbs Down 7 8.14%
Thumbs Sideways 19 22.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 12 2010, 07:20 PM   #31
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: Emily Blunt: Genre babe of the week #7 (Feb. 2010)

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
As for Emily Blunt, I thought she was a big name. She's everywhere, or so I thought.
Define "everywhere," because I've never seen her before in my life.

I also don't vote for people I don't know. I can't judge someone based on pictures alone, so if this is all I have to go by, I won't vote. I mean, what if she sounds like Fran Drescher when she talks? That would definitely have an impact on my vote.
Old February 12 2010, 07:54 PM   #32
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ I just meant that she's out there like a any other name actress. I've seen one of her movies, I've seen her in movie promos, in interview clips, on magazine covers and whatnot, and assumed that she was more well known than is evident here.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 08:11 PM   #33
Aragorn
Admiral

Is anyone else going to be filling out a March Madness bracket? If you win, you'll get to pick 3-6 future GBOWs for this year.

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I also don't vote for people I don't know. I can't judge someone based on pictures alone, so if this is all I have to go by, I won't vote. I mean, what if she sounds like Fran Drescher when she talks? That would definitely have an impact on my vote.
You know, there's one easy way you can find out what her voice sounds like, but it would appear that John Picard has a point.

Also, what's even the point in the "I'm not voting" posting? That's like people who vote "don't know" in polls.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 10:26 PM   #34
captcalhoun
Admiral

i went sideways. she's pretty, but doesn't do anything for me.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2010, 01:06 AM   #35
Yoda
Rear Admiral

I think it's a shame that people would rather see the big name actresses. Threads like these are a perfect opportunity to showcase the lesser known ones and I wish that were embraced a little more.
Meh, it's the same reason people will see a movie based on name recognition of the actors. That's why they're name guys, they'll draw people regardless of actual talent. I don't think it's a good thing, or anything, but it's pretty predictable.

Ptrope wrote: View Post
Yoda wrote: View Post
Not that appealing. Thumbs down.
I watch an assload of TV and have no clue who a lot of these people are. I guess this thing has been running for a few years, and it's scraping the bottom of the bucket now.
What standard are you using that this is "scraping the bottom of the bucket?" Honestly. For a woman who looks like this to be dismissed as unappealing and even 'scraping the bottom,' there must be some ungodly - or perhaps godly - standard to which she's being held.
Well, the bottom of the bucket refers to actual popularity. If most people don't have a clue who she is, then it's the bottom of the proverbial barrel. That part isn't really a comment on her looks.
For my own part, definitely "thumbs up" . She may not be a goddess, but who cares? She's beautiful.
I'd say she's decent looking. But honestly you've got a 50 percent chance of walking into a Starbucks and seeing a better looking girl. If she doesn't 'wow' me at least somewhat then I can't give a thumbs up.

And I have very little clue who she is, either, but does that really matter for what we're doing here? Do we have to have her address and phone number to know a beautiful woman when we see one, and to respond to that?
It seems to matter to some. I think it's silly too, some people seem to feel the need to feel like they know these chicks, when really all they know about them is how good they are at acting, and PR.

Sheesh, we're awfully particular for people who probably have little chance with women who look like any of the ones in these polls - probably because we watch an assload of TV ...
Speak for yourself! I think I have an OK chance with women that look as good as Emily Blunt. She's not exactly a supermodel. She ain't 1 in 100,000 beautiful. She ain't no Scarlett Johannson.

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And I don't understand voting negatively on her simply beause one hasn't seen her in anything. It seems to me this entire series of threads is based on judging a woman on her looks.
Because, Trekker, I refuse to treat women, even famous ones, like they're slabs of meat. Personality is important to me. In Emily Blunt's case it is not that I have not seen her anything (I haven't though) but I don't know enough about what she's like as a person.
, well aren't you principled?
There are a lot of women out there, especially of the famous variety, who look great but are miserable, hateful bitches, quite frankly. On the other hand, there are other women who might not be quite as good looking but actually smile occasionally - and not just for posed photographs.
I really doubt that you know the 'inner beauty' of people you've never met before nearly as well as you think you do.
That's not to take anything out on Emily Blunt. I gave her a sideways simply because I don't know anything about her. She's a very nice looking woman but so is every other woman picked for these threads.
Sideways for all intents and purposes is a thumbs down for people who feel bad about saying thumbs down, at least in regard to the final ratings right? If you want to be truly neutral, don't vote!

As for Emily Blunt, I thought she was a big name. She's everywhere, or so I thought.
I don't know man.. just looking at her IMDB... There was Charlie Wilson's War, Devil Wears Prada, and uhhh, Dan in Real Life, three movies I've heard of but haven't seen. Her top billing out of those movies is third woman in a girlie movie. The rest of her credits is a bunch of shit I've never heard of. How is that 'all over the place' especially with the TrekBBS crowd?

Wolfman's just coming out, and honestly it looks like something that's going to have a very moderate box office take, and will be quickly forgotten.

Anyway, just based on the name of the thread... I mean, when I think "Babe", I don't think "quiet nice librarian who may not be the prettiest, but has a great smile", I think SCHWING, Wayne's World style. That just seems like common sense to me.
Old February 13 2010, 01:08 AM   #36
J. Allen
Taste The Rainbow™

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

I didn't even pause when the link opened. Thumbs Up!
3) I never know when to quit.
4)
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2010, 01:13 AM   #37
The Mirrorball Man
Vice Admiral

View The Mirrorball Man's Twitter Profile

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Thumbs up! Her legs were on jaw-dropping display in Charlie Wilson's War.
Here, let your jaw drop.
Old February 13 2010, 01:36 AM   #38
Gary Mitchell
Admiral

The Mirrorball Man wrote: View Post
Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Thumbs up! Her legs were on jaw-dropping display in Charlie Wilson's War.
Here, let your jaw drop.
I'll be in my bunk.
Old February 13 2010, 02:25 AM   #39
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

A couple of leggy pics:

Old February 13 2010, 02:34 AM   #40
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

DAMMIT!

Can I change my vote to a down?! She's hideous!

Old February 13 2010, 03:14 AM   #41
Worf2DS9
Writer

I mean, what if she sounds like Fran Drescher when she talks?
Definately not the case. I saw her on Leno recently and heard her speak in her natural British accent for the first time. Very nice to listen to, and a lovely, charming woman.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2010, 03:18 AM   #42
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Worf2DS9 wrote: View Post
I mean, what if she sounds like Fran Drescher when she talks?
Definately not the case. I saw her on Leno recently and heard her speak in her natural British accent for the first time. Very nice to listen to, and a lovely, charming woman.
She has a British Accent? I change my vote to SUPER-Thumbs Up!
Old February 13 2010, 04:46 AM   #43
Jono
Rear Admiral

Sideways would have been down if she wasn't British.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2010, 10:21 AM   #44
Aragorn
Admiral

If anyone cares, this is how she looked on Feb. 9:

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2010, 10:46 AM   #45
Hermiod
Admiral

, well aren't you principled?
Yes, actually.

I really doubt that you know the 'inner beauty' of people you've never met before nearly as well as you think you do.
I don't think I know them at all, I just like to have some sort of glimpse of their personality. It's better than your "ZOMG! She's not 18 years old! She's a dried up old woman!" attitude.

Sideways for all intents and purposes is a thumbs down for people who feel bad about saying thumbs down, at least in regard to the final ratings right? If you want to be truly neutral, don't vote!
Aragorn gives me three choices, I choose one.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote