USS Vengeance And More Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

View Poll Results: Emily Blunt
Thumbs Up 60 69.77%
Thumbs Down 7 8.14%
Thumbs Sideways 19 22.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 12 2010, 01:38 PM   #16
RogerWaters
Fleet Captain

Re: Emily Blunt: Genre babe of the week #7 (Feb. 2010)

Thumbs sideways - Doesn't really do anything for me.
RogerWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 03:52 PM   #17
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I think it's a shame that people would rather see the big name actresses. Threads like these are a perfect opportunity to showcase the lesser known ones and I wish that were embraced a little more.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 04:53 PM   #18
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Very pretty eyes and a nice smile.
Old February 12 2010, 04:57 PM   #19
Roger Wilco
Admiral

Pretty, but not a "babe" imo.
Old February 12 2010, 05:20 PM   #20
Hermiod
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I think it's a shame that people would rather see the big name actresses. Threads like these are a perfect opportunity to showcase the lesser known ones and I wish that were embraced a little more.
I didn't ask for bigger names, I simply don't know who she is an thus it's difficult to base my vote on anything other than looks which I am not comfortable doing.

I may as well start judging people on how sharp their knees are otherwise.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 05:30 PM   #21
Ptrope
Agitator

Yoda wrote: View Post
Not that appealing. Thumbs down.
I watch an assload of TV and have no clue who a lot of these people are. I guess this thing has been running for a few years, and it's scraping the bottom of the bucket now.
What standard are you using that this is "scraping the bottom of the bucket?" Honestly. For a woman who looks like this to be dismissed as unappealing and even 'scraping the bottom,' there must be some ungodly - or perhaps godly - standard to which she's being held.

For my own part, definitely "thumbs up" . She may not be a goddess, but who cares? She's beautiful. And I have very little clue who she is, either, but does that really matter for what we're doing here? Do we have to have her address and phone number to know a beautiful woman when we see one, and to respond to that? Sheesh, we're awfully particular for people who probably have little chance with women who look like any of the ones in these polls - probably because we watch an assload of TV ...
Old February 12 2010, 05:38 PM   #22
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Ptrope wrote: View Post
I watch an assload of TV and have no clue who a lot of these people are. I guess this thing has been running for a few years, and it's scraping the bottom of the bucket now.
What standard are you using that this is "scraping the bottom of the bucket?" Honestly. For a woman who looks like this to be dismissed as unappealing and even 'scraping the bottom,' there must be some ungodly - or perhaps godly - standard to which she's being held.

For my own part, definitely "thumbs up" . She may not be a goddess, but who cares? She's beautiful. And I have very little clue who she is, either, but does that really matter for what we're doing here? Do we have to have her address and phone number to know a beautiful woman when we see one, and to respond to that? Sheesh, we're awfully particular for people who probably have little chance with women who look like any of the ones in these polls - probably because we watch an assload of TV ...

This.

And I don't understand voting negatively on her simply beause one hasn't seen her in anything. It seems to me this entire series of threads is based on judging a woman on her looks.
Old February 12 2010, 05:44 PM   #23
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

UP and I'll be seeing Wolfman tomorrow afternoon if all goes to plan.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 06:13 PM   #24
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Ptrope wrote: View Post

It would appear that clicking on thumbnails to analyze the larger pictures, as well as viewing an embedded YouTube video, is a bit too difficult for some people.
Old February 12 2010, 06:19 PM   #25
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

Lots of people should remember her from The Devil Wears Prada, where she played Anne Hathaway's snarky coworker.
Old February 12 2010, 06:20 PM   #26
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
I didn't ask for bigger names, I simply don't know who she is an thus it's difficult to base my vote on anything other than looks which I am not comfortable doing.

I may as well start judging people on how sharp their knees are otherwise.
Fair enough. I just took the opportunity to respond to a general attitude that's come out in this thread, but has been around for a while now. It seems that people only turn out for, or vote thumbs up for the big name celebrities. In a way, it makes sense, but still, it would be nice if people weren't so dismissive of the unfamiliar.

As for Emily Blunt, I thought she was a big name. She's everywhere, or so I thought.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 06:25 PM   #27
Othello
Commodore

Sideways. She's just lacking a little oomph to get to the thumbs up.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 06:34 PM   #28
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

She's very pretty but she's just not doing it for me for some reason. I went sideways.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2010, 07:01 PM   #29
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Thumbs up! Her legs were on jaw-dropping display in Charlie Wilson's War.

Her profile as a film actress is set to go up substantially this year as she plays the female lead in The Wolfman, The Adjustment Bureau (with Matt Damon), and Gulliver's Travels (with Jack Black).
Old February 12 2010, 07:06 PM   #30
Hermiod
Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
And I don't understand voting negatively on her simply beause one hasn't seen her in anything. It seems to me this entire series of threads is based on judging a woman on her looks.
Because, Trekker, I refuse to treat women, even famous ones, like they're slabs of meat. Personality is important to me. In Emily Blunt's case it is not that I have not seen her anything (I haven't though) but I don't know enough about what she's like as a person.

There are a lot of women out there, especially of the famous variety, who look great but are miserable, hateful bitches, quite frankly. On the other hand, there are other women who might not be quite as good looking but actually smile occasionally - and not just for posed photographs.

That's not to take anything out on Emily Blunt. I gave her a sideways simply because I don't know anything about her. She's a very nice looking woman but so is every other woman picked for these threads.

Fair enough. I just took the opportunity to respond to a general attitude that's come out in this thread, but has been around for a while now. It seems that people only turn out for, or vote thumbs up for the big name celebrities. In a way, it makes sense, but still, it would be nice if people weren't so dismissive of the unfamiliar.

As for Emily Blunt, I thought she was a big name. She's everywhere, or so I thought.
Maybe she is, as I've said in the past - I don't watch as much TV as I used to and I haven't seen any of the film's she's been in. I'm less aware of people in the public eye as a result.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote