CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old January 31 2010, 03:43 PM   #181
Jax
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 2

18 hours of play and I have plenty to do still (on Illum) the mission to get Thane was fantastic and I have gotten Miranda's trust too. Doesn't feel like 18 hours I am hooked
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 04:19 PM   #182
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

Okay, I beat the game: the last boss battle was a bit too video gamey, but better than the final form of Saren.

I'm going to finish up the side quests I had left and then start my FemShep Renegade play through.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 04:43 PM   #183
bullethead
Fleet Captain

TheBrew wrote: View Post
Okay, I beat the game: the last boss battle was a bit too video gamey, but better than the final form of Saren.

I'm going to finish up the side quests I had left and then start my FemShep Renegade play through.
Here's what I think happened regarding your spoiler:
Since you didn't use that character, you didn't invest squad points into that person's skills, so that might have made it easier for that character to die. Plus, you might not have done research into stuff like tech skills or armor, which might have had something to do with it.
Old January 31 2010, 04:56 PM   #184
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

bullethead wrote: View Post

Since you didn't use that character, you didn't invest squad points into that person's skills, so that might have made it easier for that character to die. Plus, you might not have done research into stuff like tech skills or armor, which might have had something to do with it.
Maybe, I did do a lot of the upgrades (including all of the armor), but not all of them. And I set up for all of my characters to auto-level except for Shepard. It just seemed a bit random
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 04:58 PM   #185
Mr Light
Admiral

When you buy an upgrade for something, does that make it automatically work? Or do you have to equip it to your weapon/armor somehow? Man, I'm playing on Casual and I find the game surprisingly difficult! I just finished the "Archangel" mission and I almost died many times. I'm learning to use my squadmate's shield-strip powers as much as possible, though, so that helps. I'm a Soldier. Oh yeah and having ammo is really annoying, I miss the old system. I keep running out of ammo on my assault rifle in the middle of a fight.

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 05:31 PM   #186
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

bullethead wrote: View Post

Maybe, I did do a lot of the upgrades (including all of the armor), but not all of them. And I set up for all of my characters to auto-level except for Shepard. It just seemed a bit random
People are saying that replaying the last mission again, they got a different result... so no one knows for sure any more. It would really suck if it was completely random.

Mr Light wrote: View Post
When you buy an upgrade for something, does that make it automatically work? Or do you have to equip it to your weapon/armor somehow? Man, I'm playing on Casual and I find the game surprisingly difficult! I just finished the "Archangel" mission and I almost died many times. I'm learning to use my squadmate's shield-strip powers as much as possible, though, so that helps. I'm a Soldier. Oh yeah and having ammo is really annoying, I miss the old system. I keep running out of ammo on my assault rifle in the middle of a fight.
Armor upgrades have to be equipped in the captain's room (which is kind of lame, since you have to load a few times to do that and come back to the mission). I believe that the damage upgrades are automatic, but they usually upgrade a new item to research, so you'll have to trek back to the ship to do that as well.

They probably could have found a better way to do that from a menu anyway.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 05:43 PM   #187
Ryan
Commodore

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 05:53 PM   #188
Ryan
Commodore

Also did anyone else notice in another great feat of piloting Joker

Old January 31 2010, 06:28 PM   #189
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

The game gives you enough time to

I'd be curious to see some of the less optimal playthroughs. On youtube, someone posted an ending where... well, bad things happen. It was hilarious actually. :lol

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 08:15 PM   #190
Tombfyre
Lieutenant Commander

I think this was the best game i've ever played............ omg that was an epic experience. We wait 2 years on average for a film sequal that lasts 2-3 hours...... I just waited 2 years for 50 hours of pure epicness...

Thank you bioware!

100/5 Stars!
Tombfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2010, 08:37 PM   #191
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Regarding the ending, I managed to have everyone survive on my first try.

Old February 1 2010, 01:20 AM   #192
SilentP
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SilentP

No where near finished this game I think, but I am just so loving the epic feeling

Gotta admit, walking around the Citadel listening to all those updates about things that happened in the last game, and getting messages from people I helped in the last game make me happy inside, getting to know the things I do get remembered

Have to admit I love the new Normandy's feeling of realism, in terms of areas to visit.

"Shepard, the women's bathroom is on the starboard side of the ship" (Joker's right, the AI watches you everywhere).
SilentP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2010, 01:25 AM   #193
Ryan
Commodore

Evil Twin wrote: View Post

Old February 1 2010, 03:46 AM   #194
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Ryan wrote: View Post
Evil Twin wrote: View Post

Old February 1 2010, 04:50 AM   #195
Ryan
Commodore

The only weird thing I did was have Thane as an initial squad leader.