RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,719
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 675
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old January 19 2010, 06:15 PM   #16
havoc92
Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to havoc92
Re: NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Saquist wrote: View Post
I see a toliet.
hmmm.
Yes, mary jane. Yes, starships do have toilets lol.
Old January 19 2010, 06:16 PM   #17
havoc92
Commander

And my build update that I didn't get done last night... from buzz:

Didn't get a chance to post last night before passing out; so, here are last night's final updates:

.. ok, this is showing the final placement of the outer support struts and beginning fixup of the inner wall. You'll note the shroud for the turbolift in progress aft.

Here, the inner walls are all in place.

.. and now the outer walls and shroud are completed

.. better view on the lift shroud.

.. and a profile shot sitting atop decks 2, 3 and 4.

The shroud is not yet capped. There is some work that will be done later in detailing that I'd prefer it uncapped for. So, for now, that's it. I'm working now on the hull skins for decks 2-4.

.. don't look bad just for image snapping; but, they're off now with the updates to the upper decks.

the red areas are of particular interest and show that there's definitely some shoring up to do. I'm doing some scaling work now to see if simple scaling of the edges on y will fix most of it. Going well so far; but, we'll see.
Old January 19 2010, 06:22 PM   #18
Saquist
Commodore

havoc92 wrote: View Post
Saquist wrote: View Post
felixofgolden wrote: View Post
So you're hoping to use it as a basis for a lo poly version for a walkthrough using unreal or what have you? Yeah, there's lots of people who would love that!
The guys over at stationk7 have done portions of the FJ plans as a mod for Elite Force. Have you seen their work?
Another game engine you might be able to port to is Unity 3D. It allows for webpage based environments (with their plugin). Kinda like going to a flash page and playing a flash game, instead, you can play a full 3D game/walkthrough. Your work could possibly be used for that.
If I had this it could be imported into CAD and it would animate a walk through the ship that could be posted on Youtube.
I had thought about some walkthroughs of late. But I hadn't really given any major thought to how to go about it for the time being. I've never done video capture, so it's kinda lost on me for the moment. However, dumping a level or two into Oblivion for some fun has ocurred. That or Thief III.
The Bridge Commander network could use your modeling tallents sir. This could change games like Elite Forces to as a whole new map.
Saquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19 2010, 07:01 PM   #19
Mistreaper
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would love to see that, looks great.
Old January 19 2010, 11:03 PM   #20
Professor Moriarty
Vice Admiral

View Professor Moriarty's Twitter Profile

Good googly moogly!
Old January 20 2010, 09:10 PM   #21
havoc92
Commander

Ok, update for this afternoon:

profile and top down on the altered skins. I don't like them.
Moreover, I'm liking Franz Joseph less and less. lol.

The alteration attempts on the skins have essentially failed.
Denting is apparent in the aft section in multiple places. And the angles of the curves along the back are so restrictive as to make scaling and minor alterations impractical. It took me weeks early on to get the skins ironed out, clean and dent free. So, I don't know how long this is going to take. When I did it the first time, I there was a lot that I didn't know about max. So, cross your fingers.
Old January 20 2010, 09:15 PM   #22
havoc92
Commander

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post
Good googly moogly!
Lol.

Mistreaper, Thank you.

And Saquist, My next project is likely to be somewhat less involved. I have to build the statue of Jayne from Jaynestown. Have to. Lol.
Old January 21 2010, 12:37 AM   #23
Professor Moriarty
Vice Admiral

View Professor Moriarty's Twitter Profile

So Havoc, what are you trying to accomplish here? A complete rationalization of the interior arrangement and volumetic space of a Constitution class starship (esp. as envisioned by the estimable Franz Joseph Schnaubelt)? Or are you planning on secretly building your own Constitution in orbit (shades of Michael Lonsdale as Drax from Moonraker spring to mind)?

Because (and it bears repeating), good googly moogly! You've definitely got the level of detail required for either! I salute your patience and attention to detail, sir.
Old January 21 2010, 02:10 AM   #24
Mistreaper
Lieutenant Junior Grade

It's just getting better, i'd like to see do this kind of work for both the A and from the new movie as will, but it's up to you man nice job.
Old January 21 2010, 02:37 AM   #25
Ronson2k10
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Very ambitious and awesome work. When I do interiors from an exterior model I usually just concentrate on one section of the ship. Your taking the whole ship on. That's incredible. Going to be watching this one closely. Keep up the great work.
Old January 21 2010, 06:23 PM   #26
havoc92
Commander

Professor Moriarty wrote: View Post
So Havoc, what are you trying to accomplish here? A complete rationalization of the interior arrangement and volumetic space of a Constitution class starship (esp. as envisioned by the estimable Franz Joseph Schnaubelt)? Or are you planning on secretly building your own Constitution in orbit (shades of Michael Lonsdale as Drax from Moonraker spring to mind)?

Because (and it bears repeating), good googly moogly! You've definitely got the level of detail required for either! I salute your patience and attention to detail, sir.
LOL. I can here the theme music playing. "Where are you.. Why do you hide.."

Well, I really just wanted to learn max pretty thoroughly. And I think it's worked. I picked a subject matter I was interested in. Only intended to do the bridge really; but, hey.. along the way..

I decided to build her and I want a model that can be used for anything from minor caps to movie quality cg to gaming.. Why sell myself short.
Old January 21 2010, 06:28 PM   #27
havoc92
Commander

Mistreaper wrote: View Post
It's just getting better, i'd like to see do this kind of work for both the A and from the new movie as will, but it's up to you man nice job.
I've thought a number of times that I should have done the A; but, maybe in the future. Still don't know if I like the new one. Looks like some overwraught 1930's italian air racer.. and I was never really a fan of italian designs. But, she might grow on me. Lord knows I hated the D when it first appeared.
Old January 21 2010, 06:29 PM   #28
havoc92
Commander

Ronson2k10 wrote: View Post
Very ambitious and awesome work. When I do interiors from an exterior model I usually just concentrate on one section of the ship. Your taking the whole ship on. That's incredible. Going to be watching this one closely. Keep up the great work.
I'm hoping the detail work goes smoothly. I'm sure it will be interesting at this point. I found a new resource for reference material that looks promising. And boy do I have some cool stuff to work with now.
Old January 21 2010, 06:30 PM   #29
havoc92
Commander

ok, finally, the update for today:

These turned out better than the original skins I made by far. I made them in less than an hour; so, guess my skills have drastically improved the deck four outer walls now need to be trimmed to meet up to the new outer skins; but, otherwise, homestretch.
Old January 22 2010, 06:41 PM   #30
TowerPower
Commander

So, once this task is done (and I know it will be done), is it possible to export your work into a "game level" format where walk-abouts cane be done? That is something I've wanted to have for a long time, but don't have the talent to take it on - don't even know how to start. What I'm talking about is something like the "Elite Force" mod for the Argas Effect.
TowerPower is offline   Reply With Quote