Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old December 22 2009, 09:40 PM   #616
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!
Re: *Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

They took down the Spork video?! Oh well, it's somewhat viral by this point. ontd won't stand for it not being posted somewhere. How can CBS claim it, anyway? It's using only nuTrek material.

Randi, WMG is the collective evil of the universe. ... Well, it's really just Warner Music Group, but they have minions who take down every video on YouTube using any of their music, and many internet users hate them for it. (And I'm guessing poor Nile will be among them now! )

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2009, 11:01 PM   #617
Wynterhawk
Commodore

Location: Wynterhawk is cool like the other side of your pillow

Ohhh. I saw the SPORK link on ontd_st. I think they also have the mp3 available for download. I haven't listened to all of it since I just dl-ed the mp3, but what I heard is pretty racy.

And a few photos, because well... you can neeeever have too many photos.

A bit 'o art I found on Deviant art by F.D. Woodward. Yes, I lol-ed. Kirk's face is priceless. He's so cute, I want to pinch him and his horny self.

Wynterhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 12:25 AM   #618
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Yeoman Randi wrote: View Post
Aw POOP! That Spock/Kirk video was taken down. WAH!
Silver TriBells wrote: View Post
They took down the Spork video?! Oh well, it's somewhat viral by this point. ontd won't stand for it not being posted somewhere. How can CBS claim it, anyway? It's using only nuTrek material.
It's still there at the first link I saw.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 12:30 AM   #619
NileQT87
Commander

View NileQT87's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NileQT87 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NileQT87 Send a message via Yahoo to NileQT87

Are you in Germany? Because that's the country that is usually blocked. It's not blocked in America, though.

Also, I updated the video, because the quality sucked.

It's only blocked in some countries. Sorry if it's blocked in yours. I can upload it somewhere that doesn't check copyright as well (I can't wait until YouTube gets replaced by something a little less anal about silly fanvideos that aren't making a cent)...

http://www.4shared.com/file/17918371...The_Night.html

Last edited by NileQT87; December 23 2009 at 01:22 AM.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 12:52 AM   #620
M'Sharak

NileQT87 wrote: View Post
Are you in Germany? Because that's the country that is usually blocked. It's not blocked in America, though.

Also, I updated the video, because the quality sucked.

It's only blocked in some countries. Sorry if it's blocked in yours. I can upload it somewhere that doesn't check copyright as well (I can't wait until YouTube gets replaced by something a little less anal about silly fanvideos that aren't making a cent)...

http://www.4shared.com/file/17918371...The_Night.html
I'm in California, same as you, and it's blocked, both the vid in your first post and in the one I'm quoting here -- same message, both times.

And YouTube doesn't check copyright -- they simply respond to complaints about specific clips, which complaints are registered by the copyright-holders or by their representatives. Warner tends to be particularly aggressive about protecting their copyright, as are Paramount and NBC.
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."
Old December 23 2009, 12:55 AM   #621
NileQT87
Commander

View NileQT87's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to NileQT87 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NileQT87 Send a message via Yahoo to NileQT87

The 4shared link takes you to an embedded video. You don't have to download. The video is viewable here, anyway. Usually if it gets totally blocked, it tells you. It's just saying that it's blocked in some countries. Go figure.

And it's Warner's claim to the soundtrack that's causing the problem (not NBC... yet).
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 01:51 AM   #622
Tribbles
Commander

Location: Tribbles are on the bridge, your lunch tray, everywhere-- and multiplying at an alarming rate!

Wow! The song from Anastasia! Ha, so awesome.

Wynterhawk, that little comic is too cute... I hope Spock is not the jealous type, because he's got the only female protagonist in an otherwise male ensemble. He'd spend everyday in a possessive rage!

Tribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 03:51 AM   #623
Yeoman Randi
Vice Admiral

Oh my GAWD!
*fainting*

Heh, thank you M for that link. Best time i've had all day.................

Tribbles, thanks for 'splainin' that to me. Sometimes i'm so clueless it's embarrassing!
Yeoman Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 05:05 AM   #624
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
NileQT87 wrote: View Post
For any Heroes watchers out there, I made this:
Well, that didn't take long.
This video contains content from WMG, who has decided to block it.
Serves me right for being too chicken to look sooner. Nice to know some kind souls are looking out for my delicate sensibilities.

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Yeoman Randi wrote: View Post
Aw POOP! That Spock/Kirk video was taken down. WAH!
It's still there at the first link I saw.
Ah damn, I'm not being let off that easy huh?
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2009, 05:43 AM   #625
M'Sharak

Two different things, those.
Old December 23 2009, 11:04 PM   #626
Wynterhawk
Commodore

Location: Wynterhawk is cool like the other side of your pillow

Wow! The song from Anastasia! Ha, so awesome.

Wynterhawk, that little comic is too cute... I hope Spock is not the jealous type, because he's got the only female protagonist in an otherwise male ensemble. He'd spend everyday in a possessive rage!

He would exhaust himself with all the fighting. Then people would walk around muttering, "Man, all Spock wants to do is fight! What's wrong with him."

And then they'll scatter when they see him coming!
Wynterhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2009, 04:04 AM   #627
KirkSpockTOSFan
Captain

Location: I will not allow you to lecture me about the merits of emotion

Wow those are hot pics of Zach! More please!
Old December 28 2009, 07:54 AM   #628
TheJosmo
Lieutenant

Man, oh, man. I've been ghosting around these forums for a couple weeks and this thread was responsible for me registering.

I'm 18 and only started watching Star Trek a year ago after I heard news of the new movie. The first episode I watched was Spock's brain...and I loved it. (Sylar might like it though.) I tried denying that I was in love with Leonard's Spock--an actor that is old enough to be my grandfather.
Saw the new movie the day I turned 18--May 9th in IMAX. Developed minor crush on Quinto-Spock that was completely shadowed by Nimoy. Found Nimoy even hotter in his non-Spock roles and stumbled upon some very sexy Sylar stuff.

Spock: bringing out the sexy actors since 1966.
TheJosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2009, 10:26 PM   #629
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

The first episode I watched was Spock's brain...and I loved it. (Sylar might like it though.)

Am I slow on the uptake or what? That is honestly the first time I've realized what a hi-larious parody could be smashed together from Sylar and Spock's Brain. If that doesn't already exist, somebody's been slacking.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2009, 01:29 AM   #630
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile

TheJosmo wrote: View Post
Man, oh, man. I've been ghosting around these forums for a couple weeks and this thread was responsible for me registering.

I'm 18 and only started watching Star Trek a year ago after I heard news of the new movie. The first episode I watched was Spock's brain...and I loved it. (Sylar might like it though.) I tried denying that I was in love with Leonard's Spock--an actor that is old enough to be my grandfather.
Saw the new movie the day I turned 18--May 9th in IMAX. Developed minor crush on Quinto-Spock that was completely shadowed by Nimoy. Found Nimoy even hotter in his non-Spock roles and stumbled upon some very sexy Sylar stuff.

Spock: bringing out the sexy actors since 1966.
Oh yeah baby

(I'm sure Zach won't mind...)

Now some Zach, of course:

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote