Coto Drama Sold To Fox
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Braga Inks Deal
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Remastered Original Series Re-release
By: T'Bonz on Sep 11

UK Trek Ships Calendar Debuts
By: T'Bonz on Sep 10

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 30 2009, 05:37 AM   #16
What's his face
Rear Admiral

Re: Fallout 3

I just bought a new computer so I can finally play.

I love the open-endedness of the game. You could literally spent a hundred hours playing and still not find everything.

And the fact that you have karma and can make different ethical choices over the course of the game makes the replay value even better.
What's his face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2009, 12:08 AM   #17
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

My god this game is good, i just completed all the main game missions and have also done Mothership Zeta(They need to make a Fallout in space, no really they need to make one, that was fecking brilliant) and Point lookout, just The Outcasts, Anchorage and The Pitt and that's it, its been a hell of a long time since i stuck with a game for so long.

Best £20 i have spent in a long time.

Haggis and tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2009, 03:07 PM   #18
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

The Stealth suit from Anchorage pretty much breaks the game. Maybe you can still be detected at low stealth, but when I used it along with a silenced weapon, I could shoot Super Mutants in the face and they wouldn't be able to find me. It was doubly broken once I got my companion, because I could just waltz through the game and have him do all the work for me.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2009, 04:15 PM   #19
Brandonv
Fleet Captain

I thought that Fallout 3 was a nice improvement over Bethesda's previous RPG, Oblivion. I tried to get into Oblivion several times, but the game never held my interest long enough for me to to finish the main story. With Fallout 3, I felt more like I was in a fully realized world, and I really liked exploring the wasteland and discovering what was over the next hill.
Brandonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15 2009, 07:45 PM   #20
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
The Stealth suit from Anchorage pretty much breaks the game. Maybe you can still be detected at low stealth, but when I used it along with a silenced weapon, I could shoot Super Mutants in the face and they wouldn't be able to find me. It was doubly broken once I got my companion, because I could just waltz through the game and have him do all the work for me.
Oh I'm all up for shooting mutants in the face, although i only have The Pitt left and that's it, all done.

But that was a great run, I love the plasma rifle and the Tesla armour, i just could not put it done yesterday, i looked up at the clock and its 4am in the morning.......what a game.

God i hope we have a Fallout 4 on the way, its up there with Mass effect and Uncharted as must have played games.

Old December 16 2009, 01:51 AM   #21
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Fallout New Vegas is coming out next year... by the dudes who originally made the game, so we'll see how that goes.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old December 16 2009, 03:53 AM   #22
Aragorn
Admiral

If anyone doesn't have this game, Best Buy is selling the GOTY edition for $40 next week.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16 2009, 07:18 AM   #23
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Fallout New Vegas is coming out next year... by the dudes who originally made the game, so we'll see how that goes.
Brilliant, is that more dlc or a new game?

Oh well thats F3 done 100%, now its onto Batman AA, and then Infamouse......no rest for the wicked. .

Old December 16 2009, 08:28 AM   #24
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

It's a "sidequel" I guess... I imagine it'll be more of a sequel to the original Fallouts though, since it's taking place in the same general area. (Well, assuming it's in Vegas).

Old December 16 2009, 01:46 PM   #25
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

Interesting, will definitely be looking out or it.

Old December 16 2009, 08:12 PM   #26
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Yep. We'll see how much freedom they'll have to make it "campy", since the first two games were very strange that way. Although, now that I think about it, with Alpha Protocol delayed to next year, I wonder if New Vegas will come at the same time. Maybe it'll be Q2 for Alpha Protocol and Q4 for Vegas - about the same time frame as Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2.

Old December 18 2009, 06:02 AM   #27
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
If anyone doesn't have this game, Best Buy is selling the GOTY edition for $40 next week.
I bought it for the equivalent of $23 at amazon.co.uk plus $8 in S&H. It costs $69 at amazon.de , besides I wanted an English language version.
I'm not sure if they ship to the USA though. Amazon.com wouldn't ship a copy to Germany. Probably restrictions due to different distributors or something.
Old December 18 2009, 06:09 AM   #28
Skywalker
Admiral

Yep. We'll see how much freedom they'll have to make it "campy", since the first two games were very strange that way. Although, now that I think about it, with Alpha Protocol delayed to next year, I wonder if New Vegas will come at the same time. Maybe it'll be Q2 for Alpha Protocol and Q4 for Vegas - about the same time frame as Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2.
Sounds good to me, gives me time enough to enjoy both games.

Alpha Protocol is Obsidian's first foray into original territory since they, well, became Obsidian. Before this, they've just been working on sequels to games developed by BioWare. Hopefully it turns out well.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2009, 11:12 AM   #29
jonepole
Cadet

I bougth this game and its excellent port. Hugely improve controls in this game. It is a best version then any other version with high graphics. It is really fantastic game. I think every body should play this game if they like to play game. I really enjoyed it.
Old February 9 2010, 08:46 AM   #30
dragunzng
Rear Admiral

View dragunzng's Twitter Profile

I just started my 3rd playthrough (my hard drive was wiped and I lost all my data, 150 hrs worth). It's amazing how much content there is in this game, I'm 9 hrs in and I've found a TON of places I'd never been to previously. Plus, I found Dogmeat! I'd never found him before!