Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 11 2009, 01:03 AM   #46
coolghoul
Fleet Captain

Re: The Return of Bruce Wayne in April!

I kind of agree with you there. If anybody deserves it, Dick does.

However, the way that I think they'll finally resolve this is that Dick is somehow too noble, cheerful and good to function as Batman. And that only Bruce has the grit, dedication and end-justifies-the-means savoir faire (all the time avoiding using guns unless faced by Darkseid) to be the Batman. However, I'm drawing a complete blank as to what Dick will/should do after Bruce takes over the Bat-mantle again.

Unless they kill Dick! (Which would suck majorly!)I hope Grant Morrison's overall plan doesn't mean that Batman must not be allowed to have "friends" - so all the Robins have to die so that we can have a Frank-Milleresque Batman...
Old December 11 2009, 01:05 AM   #47
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Gen. Zod wrote: View Post
I know this will never happen, but I think it would interesting to have Bruce assume a back-seat role; maybe manning the Batcomputer and sending out his soldiers to keep the streets safe.
Sort of a cross between his Batman Beyond role and Oracle's job.
It's also repetitive of Batgirl right now, which is Batman Beyond with Barbara in the Bruce role and Steph in the Terry role. I love Steph -- she's the DC character I most want to write -- but Batgirl just isn't sitting well with me. Probably because Steph's the character I most want to write.
I'm loving Batgirl. It is the only comic I am currently collecting right now issue by issue. I really like how it is playing out. Among other things, the comic is actually fun and somewhat light in comparison to the other Bat-books.
Old December 11 2009, 01:20 AM   #48
nx1701g
Admiral

Wow I knew that they were going to bring him back but I never assumed that it'd be this early...
Old December 11 2009, 01:36 AM   #49
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I had no idea he was gone...
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 02:32 AM   #50
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Christopher not to be nitpicky but Dick is really the third Batman since Jean-Paul Valley was Batman II after Bruce.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 04:01 AM   #51
Christopher
Writer

But I think Valley's actions in the suit would've pretty much gotten him stripped of the right to the name, though. He's the "impeached" Batman, not the true heir.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 04:10 AM   #52
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
I had no idea he was gone...
He went out to get some smokes. The first store was probably out of his brand.

He should be back any minute now.
Old December 11 2009, 04:12 AM   #53
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Good point Christopher...

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 05:17 AM   #54
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson

coolghoul wrote: View Post
I'm loving Batgirl. It is the only comic I am currently collecting right now issue by issue. I really like how it is playing out. Among other things, the comic is actually fun and somewhat light in comparison to the other Bat-books.
To be fair, that's true. For what the book is, it works.

I'm having a difficult time wrapping my mind around the idea that Steph is old enough to be in college. It's only two or three months ago, DCU time, that she and Tim were still in high school, and Tim's only about sixteen.

It's not inconceivable that Steph is college aged. I'm just having a hard time buying that.

Again, I have a specific vision of Steph, and Batgirl isn't it. So long as the book entertains me, I'm in. I do like the character, and I have since way back when. It's nice to see her getting some respect.
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 06:24 AM   #55
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
JoeZhang wrote: View Post
Or Bruce could take over Gotham again and Dick could become the Batman of Bludhaven or something. Having two Batmen could perpetuate the myth of Batman as a supernatural creature, if he's showing up in two places at once.

It's a nice idea and on similar lines, you have to wonder how they are going to deal with
Meh, they have two already.
More than that, there's also crazy 50s Cap.
Old December 11 2009, 07:00 AM   #56
drychlick
Captain

the return of the 1 and future batman! we know it was comeing! Most people think Bruce Wayne is batman! And with the next movie coming DC and WB want there cash cow back! Batman is dead long live batman!
drychlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 09:52 AM   #57
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Torg wrote:
To be fair, that's true. For what the book is, it works.

I'm having a difficult time wrapping my mind around the idea that Steph is old enough to be in college. It's only two or three months ago, DCU time, that she and Tim were still in high school, and Tim's only about sixteen.

It's not inconceivable that Steph is college aged. I'm just having a hard time buying that.

Again, I have a specific vision of Steph, and Batgirl isn't it. So long as the book entertains me, I'm in. I do like the character, and I have since way back when. It's nice to see her getting some respect.
Maybe they both aged Tim and Steph to freshmen-age. Tim does seem to be acting older than 16 as of Batman Reborn. Honestly, though, the book works better with her being in college, I think.
Old December 11 2009, 11:18 AM   #58
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

I wonder who stayed dead longer, Batman or Superman...
JacksonArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2009, 05:08 PM   #59
Saul
Rear Admiral

But Batman didn't actually die did he? He just became a cave man.

I agree he's back earlier than expected. But better now than another year away.
Old December 11 2009, 05:24 PM   #60
Bad Bishop
Rear Admiral

Well, I have no doubt that Bruce will be Batman again and always. But it just seems to me that if anyone's really earned the right to be Batman II, it's Dick Grayson. So it wouldn't seem quite fair to strip him of the cowl. Especially since DC's been down that road before with Prodigal, I think it was called.
Any effort by DC to find a new Batman would ultimately be rigged in Dick Grayson's favor. There might be a competition among would-be successors to Batman, but it would be a charade with a preordained result. Dick would win every time just because too many people believe he is entitled to the honor.