Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 9 2009, 11:16 PM   #16
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead
Re: The Return of Bruce Wayne in April!

Personally I don't mind if they do something crazy with the main Batman books, I like solo Batman stories (which usually means stories set early in his career) free of all the baggage in the current books. They can do whatever they want, I'll just happily be reading Batman: Earth One.
Old December 9 2009, 11:26 PM   #17
jadcox@mindspring.com
Commodore

View jadcox@mindspring.com's Twitter Profile

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
On Bruce returning, I just hope it doesn't mean they're already kicking Dick to the curb. Bruce can come back in a different role than Batman, though; we'll just have to wait and see.
My theory, which I expound upon here, is that Dick will remain Batman, but Bruce will become Robin. It's a logical outgrowth of the events of The Resurrection of Ra's al-Ghul; we know that Damian's body can host the spirit of one of his ancestors. Ra's tried to take Damian's body, but what if Damian willingly gave up his body to "host" the father he idolizes? Morrison said that when his story was all said and done, Bruce Wayne would never be Batman again. If Bruce becomes Damian, then that's absolutely true.
I have a heard time believing that, but jeez ... I hope you're right. I just adore that idea. I mean seriously. I adore it.
jadcox@mindspring.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2009, 11:27 PM   #18
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

How are they going to get around what happened (is happening) in Blackest Night?
Old December 10 2009, 01:21 AM   #19
Mr Light
Admiral

Well Brucie's physical corpse was left behind in Final Crisis, then buried, then played with by Black Hand. It's Bruce's katra that's stuck in the past, right? So where did that body come from?

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 01:40 AM   #20
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I don't think that Bruce is inhabiting people he's relating to...I think he's physically being thrust through the time stream. For some reason I can't get Terry MgGuiness out of my head.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 01:48 AM   #21
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

I can't remember what happened to Dick Grayson in the future of 'Batman Beyond', or if it was ever mentioned. Anyone remember?

But as a fan of 'Batman Beyond', I would like to see some form of that future come to pass.

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 02:12 AM   #22
TemporalFlux
Commodore

LutherSloan wrote: View Post
I can't remember what happened to Dick Grayson in the future of 'Batman Beyond', or if it was ever mentioned. Anyone remember?
I think that the only time he was ever mentioned was during the episode "A Touch of Curare". There it was implied that Dick was still alive and still active in the hero biz (the assumption being his role as Nightwing).
TemporalFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 02:26 AM   #23
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

I have not been buying Batman or Detective Comics lately. I'm not interested in Dick Grayson dressed up as Batman; Grayson just isn't the real deal. I'm using Wayne's absence from the DCU as a convenient break from all the BATMAN titles. While Wayne's gone I plan to catch up on his most recent major story arcs. I still need to read The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul and Batman: R.I.P. I should be caught up by April when Wayne returns.
Old December 10 2009, 03:32 AM   #24
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Batman and Robin has been tremendous so far, I've been flipping through them at the comic shop and am getting the Hardcover in April. The dynamic between Dick and Damien is great. I'm enjoying Dick's role as Batman this time around and looking forward to picking up World's Finest#4 when he and Commander Kal-El have a team up.

I believe that Dick and Bruce's relationship is severely strained in Batman Beyond...especially by the time of the JLU episode Epilogue. In fact I've read fan theories that they're relationship is strained because of an implied fling Bruce had with Barbara at some point after The New Adventures of Batman and Robin and prior to Justice League.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 04:37 AM   #25
Christopher
Writer

I'd say the Bruce-Babs relationship in the DCAU is more than just implied -- they're pretty clearly an item in the Mystery of the Batwoman DVD movie.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2009, 05:10 AM   #26
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

I thought Batwoman played for the other team, as it were?
Old December 10 2009, 05:14 AM   #27
Thrall
Commodore

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
DC has announced The Return of Bruce Wayne mini starting in April...written by Grant Morrison alongside 'a host of all star artists' Morrison calls this the 'definitive Batman epic'. Wow there really have been a ton of announcements this week, and we're not done yet. Here's the link with sample art:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/
Grant Morrison is still an idiot.
Old December 10 2009, 10:02 AM   #28
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

Well Bruce could still return as a superhero... just not as Batman. I mean let's be honest, after all he could just pass the torch to Dick and Damien. And be more the Dark Knight or something. I'd think after getting bounced through time and space essentially, he'd want a break... or would take on a more... mythological role.

I mean Dick's great with the more down to Earth, Gotham based stuff... while I think Bruce has evolved to be a more... galactic level super-hero. I mean this is a guy who used to hang with the big guns of the DCU. Fuckin' shot Darkseid! This is not the same Batman who prowls rooftops and schtup's Catwomen.
Old December 10 2009, 10:02 AM   #29
Nick Ryder
Fleet Captain

double post... grr... Darksied must've fragged my computer
Old December 10 2009, 10:49 AM   #30
JoeZhang
Vice Admiral

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
How are they going to get around what happened (is happening) in Blackest Night?

It's never confirmed that body is Batman, notice how Blackhand says thanks "Batman" in Blackest Night 5, signalling to the reader that this is not the body of the Bruce Wayne.
JoeZhang is offline   Reply With Quote